1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Roundy group expected at my next show...help!

1. ilove2cookpc

ilove2cookpc Novice Member

My sister is having a show next Wednesday and her friends are ROUDY! I can already see it getting way out of hand, really loud, and no one listening to anything I'm saying. So, instead of getting discouraged, I'm going to play along with it - heck, if everyone has fun, they'll all want to book shows, right? I think games will give me the upper hand, but they need to be fun. I think I'll incorporate the Queen of Shoppers Game - that will be fun. I'm a little concerned with the actual demo - I know I won't get a word in edge-wise. But what do you all think of maybe a cooking contest??? I've read on another thread how they divide the group into two teams. One team gets to prepare the recipe with PC tools, the other with random tools. We're going to make the Mexican Chicken Lasagna - one can use the microwave, the other can use the oven. So while all this is cooking, we can go in the living room and discuss what products everyone liked, and I can elaborate from there, talk about the host special, etc. What do you think??????

Mar 11, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I like the basic idea of the contest.. but not sure about having people use random non-pc tools... those people aren't going to get to experience pc tools... maybe you could do the chicken lasagna in one group and have the other group do a dessert recipe. Something fairly simple, maybe a trifle, so you don't have to have them use the microwave. Or something that could go in the oven while the lasagna is in the micro.... I think that you'll have better results in sales if everyone gets to use the pc tools. I have read about that before too, kind of like the amazing race, see who gets done first or whatever... sounds like a good plan for a rowdy group...

Mar 11, 2009
  3. lauradahl

lauradahl Member

The most rowdy group I had were a lot of fun. I had one group that was paying attention and the rest were kinda in their group doing their thing and I just rolled right along with the demo and prepared it as normal. EVERYONE had a good time and I decided to forgo the need for control. Those ladies gave that host a $1200.00 party. So let them have a good time...you may just be pleasantly surprised!

Mar 11, 2009
  4. pampermejolene

pampermejolene Advanced Member Gold Member

You may even want to just do an opening then let them mingle while you make the recipe and then get back with them to serve the dish and take orders, do your closing etc. Good luck!

5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I attended a show once (couple's show) and there were alot of people. THe consultant did an "Amazing Race" style show. Two recipes. The instructions were on notecards and there was one leader per team. The teams were determined as you arrived. You got to pick a candy from the bowl- it had 2 colors only (you didn't know why). Later, each team was determined by the color of candy. Anyway, the leader gave the instructions for the recipe....then throughout the show, various cards would be in each teams instructions that said to "blow the whistle" or something and both teams had to stop cooking and listen to the consultant talk about something- a product, a benefit, etc. Throughout the game, we had to switch recipes- but you could skip that. Anyway...that was a way to get everyone involved....and probably would work well to modify to your liking for a rowdy crowd. Maybe some consultants who've been around a few years may recognize the Theme show?? This show was done in 2007- so not sure when it might have come from or if she made it up on her own.

Good luck!

Mar 12, 2009
  6. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

I'd make it really really festive - get some balloons, and a couple of sound effects you can use - a siren whistle, maybe a duck whistle, a bell you can ring (even a bicycle bell) and maybe a train whistle. Just keep them guessing and you'll fit right in.

1. Use sound effects when you recognize someone else - the host, a past host, a guest who says 'I have that and I love it!', etc.
    2. Use another sound effect when you are about to close to give your booking chat/bookings slide

Maybe have chocolate kisses/hugs you can throw at them. Keep it light, keep it fun! Keep them guessing and they'll have a blast, and don't worry if they're paying attention...as long as no one is leaving and they all have catalogs, order forms and pens, Go For It!

Mar 13, 2009
Have something to add?