• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Stay in the Same Room While Taking Orders?

the energy. I also like the idea of having a laptop with me. I'll have to try that.Thanks for the input!
strasfamily
Where do you guys end up taking your orders, in a different room from your show or in the same room?

The reason I am asking is we are having a hard time getting bookings at our shows! We tried the Book to Look and that does not work. I try to ask them if they want to book a show when I am taking their order, but I am in a different room and I can't even get the people to come in the room with me! They bring me their order and credit card and then leave to go back in the room and socialize. This is why I am thinking that I need to be in the same room.

We have only had 3 shows so far, so this is definitely our weakest area (well, actually mine since my hubby does an awesome job presenting). What can I do to improve?

This has made a differenceThis has made a huge difference for me in my business.

If you have a laptop that you bring, go to a different area to take your orders. Explain at some point during your show your order taking process.

"Okay. When it's time to take orders tonight, a couple of things will happen. [Explain Round-Up].

I'll be in [room]. The first person who is ready, come on in. I'll have you read off your item numbers to me. That way, I don't miss anything! We'll go over any questions you may have, and I'll ask you a few to make sure you are getting everything from me that you want and need. Then, when we're done, I'll send you back to continue having fun with everybody, and you can send the next person in. If there is anybody who will be in a rush, please let me know, and we'll get you to the head of the line."

By having them read off the item numbers to you, you are "making" them sit with you, providing more time for conversation and comment about their orders.

If you don't take a laptop with you, you can use the same concept of totalling their order with them, you would just need to word it differently. Something like, "We'll go over your order and total it together to make sure I don't miss anything and..."

HTH! This is not my original idea, just something I've heard at a training and expanded on to fit my own needs.

Last edited:
I always try to go to a diferent room. I feel it works better and some people may not want others to know how much they are spending. I have not had the problem with people leaving me with there order. I have my stuff set on a table and they just sit down with me and I will do there order and talk to them about the thigns they are buying and ask them to host a show.

I've done it in the same room but I will try the idea of the different room. I also like the idea of having the laptop with you. I'll have to do that. It makes it easier cause the laptop and add it all up for you and you can just copy it on to the order form, especially since when I'm talking I can make mistakes too. LOL. Thanks for the ideas I'm going to try that at my next show and see how it works. I'll let you know.

Our director taught us to say this, whether you're in the room or another: "I will be (wherever) taking orders. Please drop your order to me when you're finished, then go and eat and visit. Then you can come find me when you're ready and I will have your order all added up!" That way they come to you to get their total. Then you have a minute or two to ask them those burning questions: "did you find everything you were looking for? Did you get everything you want?...You didn't! Well, I would love to help you get everything you want for free or a discount! When should we schedule your show? Have you ever thought of doing what I do?"

I always bring my laptop to take orders and I try to do order taking is a different room. It makes it easier to focus on the customer at hand. I really like Nicole's check out procedures. I might be making some adjustments.

I agree that you need to let everyone know your procedure at some point during the show.

I hang with the group as though I am one of them--they include me in conversations etc--I feel if I am in the other room I am cut off from them--and I don't hear people talking freely about what else they want etc---I always ask and I tell them I will be asking if you want to do a show anytime in the next 6 months --and do u want to do what I do??

I even ask the grannies and always gets a chuckle

I have been in a different room only like once--a very nice decked out den--but sometimes alone if they take their time bringing stuff to you--:D

I like the idea of going in another room, especially if someone might be interested in the opportunity. Some people might not want to ask questions about the business in front of everyone.

I have found that if I am in the same room as everyone, I cannot give each customer my undivided attention. And when you are asking about bookings and recruiting you want the customer to feel you are talking and listening to them only.

I try to be in the same room with everyone and I also take my laptop. I want to be able to hear everyone.

If they leave the order blank in a pile I either wait till they come back or go find them with the order. I always ask if they want ____ to go along with what they purchased; I tell them that they're only $____ from the free item if it's applicable; I ask them if they want to round up "your total is $___ unless you want to round it up"; and if they want to host their own show (in various ways) or information about what I do. I do this in front of everyone because I told them earlier that I would be asking those questions.

If I don't have time to approach everyone I make a MAC to those people.

I always stay in the same room and I tell them to come up one at a time. That way I am with them at the party and can overhear any questions they may have. I have contemplated taking my laptop to my shows but feel it would hinder my recruiting attempts.

Laurie Lawrence

i go into a difference room. the first show i did i was off to the side and i just could non concentrate well. even if they give me their orders i go to a different room to do the totaling and when i give them their order back then i ask the burning questions. if i had a kap top i would take it with me. that would be wonderful b/c then i would not have to enter everything when i got home and find mistakes!! if i keep doing well, i may invest in one.

I was trained to stay in the same room to hear the conversation. I have to be honest, I haven't gained any business or real insight from that and since so many go into another room, I may consider it.

I have done this both ways, and I really like staying in the same room as the guests. I make it a point to ask everyone that is there if they want to host a show. Sometimes I ask outright - "So would you like to host a show in your own home?" Sometimes I hint - "I know you like those Stainles Steel Bowls. I can help you get them at half price."

I find if I say these things in the same room as the rest of the guests, some people who are undecided about booking will ask the rest of the group who will then encourage them to book. I have gotten more than one booking this way.

One suggestion that I have heard if asking absolutely each guest for a booking is to say at some point during your demo, "My policy is to ask everyone for a show. If I don't ask you when you bring me your order, let me know and your shipping is on me." Obviously it wouldn't take too long to remember to ask for bookings!

I prefer being in the room but in a secluded corner. This way I can hear what is being said but the customer and I are alone so I can answer any questions or ask about booking a party.
The other week when I did a show I had to stay in the same room and right in the middle also. I felt uncomfortable because a few of the ladies didnt want the others to hear their total. These were sweethearts older ladies and on a fixed income. The younger "girls" were a little rowdy and more inclined to say LOUD how much they had spent.
It really depends on the people and the situtation.

I was always trained to stay in the same room, in doing PC and another party plan I use to do. Never to leave my area. They may come up and look at something on your table that they could not have seen from their chair and feel they must have it!

If people are bringing me their orders several at a time, I take the first one and put each one under that one as they are given to me. I tell them that I will be calling them up when I get to their order to go over it and double check they got what they needed and give them their total quietly. I add them up give them their receipt and always business card.

I also do what Amy said, I tell them if I don't ask them to book a show tonight, the shipping is on me!! Believe me, after you have to pay that out a few times you remember! :eek:

Kelly

1. Is it better to cook in the same room or in a different room?

It ultimately depends on personal preference. Some people prefer cooking in the same room as their guests so they can socialize while cooking, while others prefer cooking in a separate room for a more focused and organized cooking experience.

2. What are the benefits of cooking in the same room?

Cooking in the same room allows for easier communication and collaboration with your guests. It also allows you to easily keep an eye on multiple dishes cooking at the same time.

3. What are the benefits of cooking in a different room?

Cooking in a different room provides a more organized and focused cooking experience. It also allows for less distractions and interruptions from guests, and keeps the cooking area clean and clutter-free.

4. Can I switch between cooking in the same room and different room?

Yes, you can definitely switch between cooking in the same room and different room. It is completely up to your preference and the type of cooking experience you want to have.

5. How do I determine if I should cook in the same room or different room?

Consider the type of gathering you are hosting and the type of cooking experience you want. If you want a more social and interactive cooking experience, cooking in the same room may be better. If you prefer a more organized and focused cooking experience, cooking in a different room may be a better option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • BethCooks4U