• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Pay for a Replacement Batter Bowl Lid or Send it Back?

In summary, the conversation is about a customer who purchased a classic batter bowl in January and her lid is cracked. The person speaking is considering whether to pay for a replacement to be sent to the customer for $3 or have the customer send the cracked one back to the company for a replacement. The group suggests buying the replacement and asking the customer to give back the cracked one when seen in person. Some suggest holding onto the cracked one and returning it with another item to save on shipping costs. Ultimately, the decision is made to order the replacement lid for the customer.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I have a customer who bought a classic batter bowl in Jan & her lid is cracked. I called HO & they want it shipped back to them then they will replace it. Should I just pay $3 & have a replacement sent to her? It will cost over $1 for her to mail it back. What would you all do?

p.s. This is all my idea - I haven't said anything to her about this thought. Even if I did buy it off the replacement sheet I wouldn't tell her.

I will sometimes order replacement parts at my cost for good customers and hosts. I consider it customer service.

LOL - In fact,I just ordered a small batter bowl replacement lid for a past host last week.

That's probably what I'd do, too. It would be faster and easier, plus the cost would be well spent for good customer care.

Buy the replacement, then ask her to give you the cracked one when you see her next. You can then send it in yourself and have one on hand for the next person.

DebbieJ said:
Buy the replacement, then ask her to give you the cracked one when you see her next. You can then send it in yourself and have one on hand for the next person.
You could hold onto it a little while and see if you have something else to return with it. Then it wouldn't cost so much to send it by itself. Just don't wait until January.

DebbieJ said:

I am with Debbie on this one...that's probably what I would do in your shoes. :) Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I'll order the replacement today.

Maybe I'm reading wrong but I would send the defective one back rather than buying one on a replacement order - $2 is $2. Why pay more than you have to.

1. Should I buy a replacement for my broken kitchen tools?

It ultimately depends on the extent of damage to your current kitchen tools and their importance in your cooking routine. If the tools are essential and cannot be easily repaired, it may be worth investing in a replacement. However, if the damage is minor and the tools can still be used, it may be more cost-effective to try and fix them instead.

2. How do I know when it's time to replace my kitchen tools?

If your kitchen tools are showing signs of wear and tear, such as rust, cracks, or broken pieces, it may be time to consider a replacement. Additionally, if you find yourself struggling to use the tools properly or they are no longer functioning as they should, it may be time to invest in new ones.

3. Can I buy replacement parts for my Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer replacement parts for many of our products. You can check our website or contact our customer service team to inquire about specific replacement parts for your Pampered Chef products.

4. Is it worth buying a replacement for a high-quality, expensive kitchen tool?

If the kitchen tool is a staple in your cooking routine and it is made of high-quality materials, it may be worth investing in a replacement. However, if the damage is minor and can be easily fixed, it may be more cost-effective to repair the tool instead of replacing it.

5. How often should I replace my kitchen tools?

The frequency of replacing your kitchen tools will depend on their quality, how often you use them, and the care you give them. Generally, high-quality kitchen tools can last for several years with proper care. However, if you notice significant wear and tear or the tools are no longer functioning as they should, it may be time to replace them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • meganmcg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • mrshamel3808