• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Exchange Shows with a Mary Kay Rep?

In summary, swapping shows with a friend or consultant is not always a bad idea, but you should always weigh the pros and cons before doing so.
pckimboyers
:confused: I've been approached by a Mary Kay rep to exchange shows for August. I don't know if I feel comfortable doing it. Have any of you had this happen and is it worth it?

Is she a friend?This can be a touchy situation. You have to go with your gut feelings. Sometimes it works out great for both. Other times if you hold your show first the other consultant will not have hers. She just maybe looking for new contacts like your friends and family. I don't trades shows because I don't want to feel like I am pressuring anyone into holding a show for me. Hope this helps you make your decision.

I have swapped shows with a Partylite consultant...I had a $1000+ partylite show and she had a $400 PC show (but she *did* join my team and has been a consistent producer)

I am planning a sgow swap with a MK rep - probably next month.

I think it helps both to get into a new circle of people...after-all, it's not like PL and MK are selling products that compete with ours..

Swapping shows
pckimboyers said:
:confused: I've been approached by a Mary Kay rep to exchange shows for August. I don't know if I feel comfortable doing it. Have any of you had this happen and is it worth it?

I swapped shows with a Tastefully Simple rep and an Arbonne rep. I got bookings from both shows and they worked out good for both of us.

Dianne

I don't swap shows because I don't host shows (have you ever heard that before :)). The only show I every hosted was a Pampered Chef show right before I started my business. If you like to host shows, go for it but you may not want to do it just for the contacts.

I'm thinking about offering it with a couple of friends I have doing other businesses. Creative Memories, and Body Shop. I'd like to hear more of how they go with others who have done this too.

Kris

Thank you guys.... It sounds like it's ok to do, but I just have to make sure I don't get screwed in the end. Thanks so much! I think I will agree to a catalog show. I don't want to depend on this to reach my goals for the month. I think I'll try it and see what happens whether its a good experience or not. Anyone else please respond!! I'm still curious for other's stories.

If she approched you about swapping I would have her do her PC show first as I've had the experince that once you've done the MK show she may find reasons to not have yours. Just a thought.

I did this with a Once Upon A Family Consultant.....It worked out great for me I had almost a $900 show for her and she had and $1100 show for me and I met a lot of new people and got 7 bookings from it...So my expierence with show swaping worked awesome for me. :)

So, would you guys say that if I did do it--- I should def. get a cooking show so I will easily meet more people?

She is not a friend, she got my number off my business card from my box that shares the same store as hers.

I would certainly give it a try!

I feel so much better about my decision to go ahead with it..... Thank all of you for your input!

I have traded shows with a good friend that is a CM rep. I don't mind doing that every few months, but I feel like my family and friends get a little tired of coming to a party at my house every month.

My situation is that this woman came up to me out of the blue saying she wanted to book a show. She has cancelled and rescheduled a few times. I finally got her on the phone and she asked if I would host a show in August (she apparently sells Body Shop) and then she would have a PC show in August. She never mentioned anything about her selling Body Shop until 3 months after the initial contact, but now I feel badly like I should trade shows with her. I told her maybe in November closer to the holidays. I don't want to hold something in August with her that could compete with my Fall Sneak Peek!!

I am actually trading shows with a gal that sells Gold Canyon candles. I figured I would give it a try. It is one more show I had before I did the trade, and it could end up being a huge benefit to me. If nothing else I love candles, so at least I will get some free.:D

I figure, if nothing else, it introduces you to a whole new group of people.

I only do this around the holidays and I have an open house with several other DSA's. When I have done this it has worked out well for me as I get the host bennies from the other DSA's. Last year I had an $800 PC mystery host show and got over $200 in free products from The Traveling Vineyard and Warm Spirit...that was fun!

I do this quite frequently with Longaberger baskets. I have also done it with Home Interior and Partylite. I like hosting parties so it always seems to benefit me in the long run. It tends to get me into a new circle.

I am in this exact position now! I WOULD NOT DO IT UNLESS you are desperete for bookings.Their hostess benefits dont compare to ours by far! You basically have to spend $$ to get anything & their products are way too overpriced! Like to get free makeup bags you have to have a $300 show PLUS 1 booking!! I only did this swap because i was desperate for shows!

ChefBurke said:

I am in this exact position now! I WOULD NOT DO IT UNLESS you are desperete for bookings.Their hostess benefits dont compare to ours by far! You basically have to spend $$ to get anything & their products are way too overpriced! Like to get free makeup bags you have to have a $300 show PLUS 1 booking!! I only did this swap because i was desperate for shows!
How did it work out for you?

I went to a beauticontrol party June 23rd and have still not gotten my products!! Their current hostess gift is a microwavable neck wrap that you could get at Walmart for 2 or 3 bucks!!

what is DSA? And how did you approch other consultants with an open house?I am VERY interested in this-like for holiday could do a one stop shop open house,but how does this work..
please email me & lte me know thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colleen
[email protected]

I just e-mailed you...

Gillian: I went to a PartyLite show and it took almost two months to get everything! I wasn't sure if it was the shipping or the host that caused the delay.

One thing I would recomend (sp?) is that if you are fairly new than make sure your friends know all about your business from the aspect of sales, bookings and RECRUITING! When I first started my director/recruiter advised me about this! She told me that while I was knew that she did not advise me to swap shows, because then all of YOUR friends would be spending all of their money and booking shows at her show! And RECRUITING! ~ let's not even go there! You definetely do not want your friends doing another business when they could join you on your team!
If you have let all of your friends know about your business, all of the aspects of it, then I would swap a show! And by all means don't try to actively pursue your business too much during her show! (the one she comes and does for you!) That is the pitts and hurts her business! Remember what goes around, comes around! I hate it when I'm doing a show and someone starts selling their business at my show!:mad:

I have always followed this advise from my director and I don't swap shows with anyone until I have recently done my own PC show with all my friends to make sure my business reaps a lot of rewards, no one else is going to take care of your business, except you!
By the way I am in the middle of swapping a show, I did a PC show for her that was $600.00 and 2 bookings and she is doing a Cookie Lee show for me next week!;)
Good luck!
Cathy

Cathy: That is some AMAZING advice! Thank you for sharing it! Before I do a show with anyone else, I'll make sure my friends know all about PC first.

:) Does anyone host their own show when new products come out (Sept and March)? If so, does anyone have a flyer that they ahve used inthe past? Thanks!

question...i saw for donating the $20 when i signed up that we recieved something...what is it exactly??
please email me
[email protected]

Donating $20 where?

I am hosting an open house in September to show off new products for Pampered Chef and Partylite(I do both). I am also having ther a couple of other DSA's. I figure I would advertise as one stop X-mas shopping, etc.! Not going to do a big demo or anything just a casual fling! I have done the PC AND PL at the same time and have done fairly well with all the DSA"s. Of course I offer lots of incentives to buy and book!

1. What are the benefits of exchanging shows with a Mary Kay rep?

Exchanging shows with a Mary Kay rep can be beneficial for both parties involved. It can help you expand your network and reach new potential customers, as well as introducing your products to the rep's existing customer base. Additionally, it can provide an opportunity for collaboration and learning from each other's sales techniques.

2. Is it safe to exchange shows with a Mary Kay rep?

As with any business transaction, there is always a level of risk involved. However, as long as both parties have clear communication and understanding of the terms and expectations, exchanging shows with a Mary Kay rep can be a safe and mutually beneficial arrangement. It's important to do your own research on the rep and their business practices before making a decision.

3. Will I be required to purchase any Mary Kay products if I exchange shows?

No, there is no requirement to purchase any Mary Kay products if you choose to exchange shows with a rep. It is ultimately up to you to decide if you want to try any of their products or not. However, keep in mind that the rep may also be interested in trying your products, so it's important to have open and honest communication about expectations.

4. How do I know if exchanging shows with a Mary Kay rep is worth it?

Ultimately, the decision to exchange shows with a Mary Kay rep depends on your individual goals and priorities. Consider the potential benefits and drawbacks, as well as your availability and resources, before making a decision. It may also be helpful to speak with other business owners who have had similar experiences to gain a better understanding of the potential outcomes.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to exchanging shows with a Mary Kay rep?

One potential drawback could be the possibility of competition between your products and the Mary Kay products. If you both sell similar products, it could lead to conflicts of interest and affect the success of the exchange. It's important to have open and honest communication with the rep to avoid any potential issues. Additionally, if the rep's sales techniques or business practices do not align with your values, it may not be a good fit for a collaboration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • JDooley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI