• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Attend the Show Tonight While I'm Sick?

G
Gagescorpages
Okay-
I have show tonight that is about an hour + from my house.
She says she has 10-12 people coming.
Here's the dilemma: I am SICK.
I have had body aches, low fever and am coughing A LOT.
So-
Do I :

A) Suck it up, medicate as best I can & go.
B) Cancel and try to get her to re-schedule this month.
c) Send my wonderful husband who has offered to do it for me.

Shoot, if your husband is willing I would send him!! What a wonderful guy to even offer. If you are not comfortable sending him to do it then I would medicate and press on (but that's me).

I think he'd be GREAT - LOL - but I don't know if that's a weird thing to do.
I just took some cough medicine. If I can control the hacking cough, I will go - if not - they get DH! LOL

Maybe both of you should go, you can then do a full service check out, but since you are sick he can handle the food.

I would love that - but we have 2 kids - ages 6 and 3. :(

Have you talked to her to see how she feels about it? The decision should really be up to her since it's her show.Since you did ask for opinions, I say drug up and GO! :) The bottom line is that the host booked with YOU not your husband or another consultant. She booked because she wanted YOU! The reason I say this is that once I did a show for my former director and the host was very, very, very unhappy that it was me and not her. She wanted HER. Some people are just not very flexible!!!!!!! So check with your host and let her make the decision...

I totally agree. I spoke to her and she was totally fine with either option.
My dilemma is I don't want to be coughing all over their food, but I also, of course want to be there. I took meds...let's hope they kick in.
And I may see if my MIL can watch the kids and DH could come with me. This way he could do the "food handling" and I'd do the rest.
Hmmmmm....

Yep - go! If DH can't go too, get your host or someone else to help - give them free shipping or something. I'm sure the guests will be fine with it.

Good point Linda! And that could be a recruiting plug!

Do you do an interactive show? I had a bit of a cold for a while and I was sniffling a bit, even though I had meds, and I just told them that my shows are normally very interactive but tonight, it's going to be entirely interactive as I don't want to handle the food. They had a lot of fun with it.

I do a moderately interactive show. I tend to have a lot of "princesses" who tell me they didn't come to cook. I swear. So I always pass items, and usually have at least 2 or 3 "helpers".

UPDATE: MIL is watching my boys. DH is coming with me to help. :)
He is actually very excited. It is cracking me up.

Have fun! What a way to have a date night. :D

I know, right?
We NEVER get out without the kids. Hey - whatever works! :D

So glad you got it all worked out! Sounds like it's going to be great!Please update us tomorrow if you feel up to it!!!!!!PS: Be sure to tell the ladies that your husband is not available to *order*... he won't go to their homes to cook for them... unless, of course, they schedule a show of their own!!!! ;)

Okay- so the show was okay- not great, not terrible. On the way home I was burning up and had the major chills. Thank GOD DH was driving!!
Show closed at $410.
Saturday's show hasn't closed yet.
I finally went to the doctor Monday morning.
I have PNEUMONIA.
*sigh*
That's my story.

{{{{hugs!}}}}

Oh Sue, that's terrible! I'm sorry but love that your dh went with you! HOW COOL!

SusanBP0129 said:
Okay- so the show was okay- not great, not terrible. On the way home I was burning up and had the major chills. Thank GOD DH was driving!!
Show closed at $410.
I have PNEUMONIA.
*sigh*
That's my story.

uggh--winter in the NorthEast- stay warm--feel better

hope you're feeling better today.

SusanBP0129 said:
Show closed at $410.
I have PNEUMONIA.
*sigh*
That's my story.

Oh ick!! I can't believe you have pneumonia! Get better soon. I hope you get a while to rest up and recuperate. Take care of yourself!

Thank you everyone. :)

I am feeling a little better but still completely crappy.
I go back to get a chest xray on Sunday. *sigh*

I was supposed to do a vendor event tonight but just passed it on to a friend.

I have a vendor event Friday that I must go to...I need more bookings for December and JANUARY!! Ugh. I am stressing out.

And it's my son's 6th birthday party on Saturday at Chuck-E-Cheese. Oh boy.

Oh and did I mention Verizon is here today hooking up Fios. LOL

Oh Susan!! I hope you feel better. That stinks! Walking pneumonia is horrible. Rest and take care of yourself.

Susan!! Take good care of yourself--get DH to put some Chicken Soup in the DCB and microwave it for you!! What a great show--I wish I could have been there--love it that DH went with you to help! How sweet! Pneumonia is nothing to play around with--just sit and let Chuckie do all the work at the party--take lots of drugs and it will all. ..be. . fine. . (haha) Get lots of rest--okay, now I'm starting to sound like your mother! Let us know how you're doing!--Lisa

1. Is it safe for me to attend the show while I am sick?

It is not recommended to attend a show while you are sick, especially if you have symptoms such as body aches, fever, and coughing. It is important to prioritize your health and rest when you are feeling unwell.

2. Will I be able to enjoy the show if I am sick?

If you are feeling unwell, it is likely that you will not be able to fully enjoy the show. Your focus may be on your symptoms and you may not be able to fully engage in the experience.

3. Should I still attend the show if I have to travel an hour or more?

It is ultimately up to your personal preference and how sick you are feeling. However, it may not be worth the discomfort and effort to travel a long distance while you are sick.

4. Is it fair to cancel and try to reschedule the show?

If you are the main performer and organizer of the show, it is understandable to want to reschedule if you are feeling too sick to perform. However, it is important to communicate with the other people involved and come to a mutual decision.

5. Is it a good idea to send someone else to perform in my place?

This depends on the nature of the show and how comfortable you are with someone else performing in your place. It is important to communicate with the host and make sure they are okay with this arrangement. However, if you are too sick to attend, it may be better to prioritize your health and rest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies