• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Me Again - No Voice + Aa Cough Now!

In summary, the person is considering rescheduling their show due to being sick with a cough and sore throat. They are unsure if they should still attend or drop off products for the guests to use. They also mention having a 4-year-old and 15-month-old at home. Other suggestions include asking the host to make the recipes ahead of time, submitting the outside orders as a show, and possibly recruiting the host as a consultant. Ultimately, the person decides to attend the show and takes medication before going.
SusanBP0129
:mad:
It's me again. Still no voice and now my throat hurts from coughing ALL NIGHT. No fever....but I am coughing....and sneezing.....
Do I call her and ask to re-schedule?? I am SO BUMMED.
I had myself all psyched up to do a "voiceless show" tonight and now I'm afraid I will gross them all out and/or get them all sick!
What should I do?? She already has $900 in outside orders!! (Love her!!)
Should I make something & drop it off?
UGH! This is my first show since December 8th and I was SO LOOKING FORWARD to it!
Sorry for rambling, I just don't know what the right thing to do is... :confused: :(

What night is the show?

I'd call (or email) the host and give her the option to reschedule or do a consultant-less show (where you drop off some products for the guests to use). If you really want to go, I'd rest as much as possible, and dopy myself up on vitamin c drops and cough lozenges. Then you can really let the guests go to town with the tools, and just be there for questions. Wash your hands frequently where the guests can see you, so it allays their fears about germs.

And remember, cough and sneeze into your sleeve, not your hand.

I hope you feel better soon!

The show is tonight :(
I look awful, sound awful & feel awful. ugh!!
I am going to call her this morning and let her decide. I would be grossed out if someone like me (lol) was cooking my meal. LOL

Luckily, with $900 in outside orders, it won't be a total bust for her.

Maybe she'll want to schedule a live show in March to get new stuff? Then you can enter her as a booking from herself.

If you do go tonight, get a mask from a drugstore or medical supply. Then you can make a joke about how you really wanted to meet all the guests, and you promise not to be sick at their shows (booking line).

Go get some rest.

Get some rest, I hope you feel better!

Thanks guys! :)
No rest for me though....I have a 4 year old (in school until 11:30) and a 15 month old who is NON STOP!! *sigh*

Would your host possibly be willing to make the recipes ahead of time? That way you could dope yourself up and be there for info, sort of (in a really quiet way). And they could still eat something yummy from PC. AND the host could tell them all how totally simple it was to make.

I think she would...she is SUPER nice, but she works full time and I have all the ingredients. (she "won" a free show when I met her at a vendor fair in November.)
I was thinking of making it & dropping it off, along with some of my tools for them to "play" with...and then pick it up tomorrow.
OR I offered to submit the orders she has as a show and book her for another show in March so she can get new products... I left it up to her.
I also want to talk to her about "trying on the apron". It would help if I could talk!!! LOL

Sounds like you have everything under control. I hope you get all better soon. If nothing else, you're a great example that you don't have to be "perfect" to be a consultant. :)

I'm just so bummed. Oh well. It happens. Thank God for her outside orders!!
Thanks for everyone's help!

LOL...Hey Sue, you want me to run up there???? Seems like I'm there ALOT lately!.....:D :D :D

Thanks Ginger!! I may take you up on that if she definitely wants to go ahead with the show. But I'm tinking with her $900 in outside orders, I'll submit this as her show and then push for her to do a show in March. :D

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks Ginger!! I may take you up on that if she definitely wants to go ahead with the show. But I'm tinking with her $900 in outside orders, I'll submit this as her show and then push for her to do a show in March. :D

Hang in there & maybe take some non drowsy meds, like comtrex or something like that...pull your hair back & put on a little lipstick, you'll be fine:D Also just think its a night out of the house;)

I just spoke to my host & she wants me to come!! LOL
So I'm going to take a hot shower, take some meds & hope for the best!!
Wish me luck!!

I would ask the hostess to "play" consultant. This is a great recruiting opportunity since she's obviously a good salesperson with $900 in sales already. Wow!

Personally, I would prepare the food ahead of time and then have the guests discuss various products. Maybe make a game for trying to sale a few key pieces (one person has cookware, another stoneware, another the batter bowl and scraper). Best who sales the most at the end of the night wins a prize.

Good luck and hope you feel better.

GREAT idea Bee!!
She requested the Choc Pecan Lattice Tart...I think I'll prep everything before I go, so I just have to assemble it. What do you think?

I think that sounds great, but I'd let the guests assemble it. You can tell them that you're a little under the weather and don't want them to get sick. (Actually, that's probably a great sneaky line to use at many shows.) It's easy to assemble, and they'll probably appreciate you wanting to touch the food as little as possible.

Take lozenges and drink lots of water. I hope it's a $2k show for you!

You will hear me scream (and I have no voice!) if it is a 2K show!! LOL
I do not have high hopes for the show sales....she thinks 10 will come, which usually means 8. But thats okay! Id be thrilled with the $900!
I'll be sure to let you know how it pans out.
And GREAT IDEA about having the guests assemble it!! Thanks :)

Hi Sue,

First, I hope you're feeling better soon. I like Bee's idea of having the guests sell the items for you. I had to do a voice-less show once, and what I did was write on index cards some key points/tips of the products I was using. Then I handed them out to the guests as they came in, and mentioned that they were all going to be chefs for the night. I had them make the chicken enchilada ring, and when they were using each product, the guest holding that respective card talked about it.

Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Diane

dianevill said:
Hi Sue,

First, I hope you're feeling better soon. I like Bee's idea of having the guests sell the items for you. I had to do a voice-less show once, and what I did was write on index cards some key points/tips of the products I was using. Then I handed them out to the guests as they came in, and mentioned that they were all going to be chefs for the night. I had them make the chicken enchilada ring, and when they were using each product, the guest holding that respective card talked about it.

Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Diane

Hang in there Sue...& Diane!!!!!!!! What a GREAT IDEA!!!! I've got to try that 1 day....;)

So, the suspense is killing me!:eek:
How did your show turn out?!!!? :confused:

No Doubt I cant imagine. ...I think the host would totally play consultant...and if she does....well then maybe you certainly have RECRUIT!!!
Make up a MIME GAME....LOL Guess this product..what is it used for...LOL

Jilleysue said:
No Doubt I cant imagine. ...I think the host would totally play consultant...and if she does....well then maybe you certainly have RECRUIT!!!
Make up a MIME GAME....LOL Guess this product..what is it used for...LOL
That sounds fun.
Do you All play games at your shows?

I usually play a game or two - depending on the crowd. I've done "queen of the shoppers", and the "right-left" game - have more that I got from here, but haven't incorporated them into my shows yet. If the guests are quiet and not saying much, I'll throw a game in there just to get them laughing and having fun, if they aren't even listening to me because they are too busy talking amongst themselves, I don't bother with a game Like I said - it all depends.

So how did the show turn out? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yea. I am really curious too! :D

I was wondering too!! Hopefully you are resting all day!!!:)

Great Show~So....I went to the show - there were 10 guests....all SUPER nice.....got 2 bookings and the sales are currently at $1629.75!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D !!!!!!!
PLUS she is expecting more orders this weekend and has 2 friends who want to book!!!!
I still feel pretty crappy but this certainly makes it all better!!!!

Congratulations! What an incredible show!! I'm glad it went so well for you and hope you feel better soon.

That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations! It sounds like you did EXTREMELY WELL! Have you offered the opportunity to her? It sounds like she would do well just to start off with!:)

AWESOME show!!!! :D

Yippeeee! Now, aren't you glad you didn't cancel?

Oh absolutely!! She is still collecting orders, too!! I will keep you all posted. :D

Don't forget to update your "Highest Show" once you close this one!

Oh yes indeed!! I'm so excited :D !

That is awesome Sue! Hope you are feeling much better tonight! I'm glad you went and got the bookings and the sales!

Hey It's all those rich people in Suffern....Great job.....I'm jelous

It's funny, because they were a very "working class" crowd and only 6 people placed orders at the show! My hostess is AWESOME! She collected $900 in outside orders!! :D

SusanBP0129 said:
It's funny, because they were a very "working class" crowd and only 6 people placed orders at the show! My hostess is AWESOME! She collected $900 in outside orders!! :D

RECRUIT<RECRUIT<RECRUIT!!!!:D :D :D

...I'm workin' on it :D

Way to go!! I'm so glad that everything worked out for you!! Did you have to guest do the assembling or did you do everything pre-show?

That is so cool that you had a show that BIG!!!!! Keep up the good work! You put in a good name for the PC!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

That's SO cool! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the show goes even higher AND that she considers the opportunity. What funny circumstances with this show. I hope you're feeling better!

Like I said before... keep up the good work! I hope you get some recruits!!! Keep doing what you are doing and you could be rich!!! LOL!

Great Job!!! Add Her To Your Team!!! :D

Fantastic! I'm so happy it worked out for you.

That is amazing!!!! If I was that sick there would be no way I could make it out of the house much less have a $1600 show!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • cakepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies