• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Home Office Customer Service - Rude??

In summary, the conversation involved someone sharing their experience with rude customer service representatives from a company. They had an issue with a recruit wanting a refund and the first representative they spoke to was helpful, but the second one was rude and unhelpful. The conversation also brought up the importance of reporting rude behavior and requesting a supervisor if needed. The conversation ended with others sharing their own experiences and giving advice on how to handle good and bad customer service.
ChefinHarmony
Has anyone else been getting RUDE customer service reps from calling the 888 number? I had a recruit who changed her mind (a not never, but not now - long story) and wanted to see if we could get her $40 back. Well, I called earlier this week and the "nice" rep said "Yes, just tell me what she wants and if it goes over, she gets the discount she earned at her show." Which would have been 20%. So I found out what she wanted and called today. This RUDE rep said "What? She doesn't get a discount. Are you nuts?" :mad: When I asked her to look into it, she said "I have been her long enough to know that she doesn't get that" And then she said "I can't give her 20% but I will give her 10% off" - like she is NEGOTIATING with me!!! :mad: I didn't just WANT the show discount, another rep earlier in the week told me that is how it would work! She was snotty and rude. Then she said "How do you intend to pay for the difference, you know she OWES us now." Like I wasn't going to get the money?!?! UGH!!! I could not WAIT to hang up. I think I'm going to send an email to HO because she was so RUDE to me and I work for Pampered Chef too. How do you think she treats OUR customers who call in??? :( Just needed to vent.... Then I had a few earlier in the month about an exchange that was in there since December and they kept saying, for over a week, it's "Released to be shipped - should go tomorrow" and it never did!! Not until I got a supervisor (4 calls later) involved did it ship.
Joanne

I always ask for a name with ANY company that I deal with if I want to make a complaint. It usually changes their attitude immediately if they think they might get reported... which if you have irritated me enuf to make me ask your name and ID# ... I am GOING to call... we bite our lips and smile... the customer is always right.. .right? So WHY should we allow our own companies help treat us with any less respect? I hope you can get this ironed out.

Wow. I don't know what to say. That was no way for her to be acting.

I just reported her online via email contact. I gave all the information, date, time, Ref# etc - and I explained our conversation. I asked someone to look into it. She was nasty, nasty to me!!

WOW! I hope someone takes care of this for you. I can't believe she was that rude!

I had a recruit lose a potential recruit because it took 3 calls (supposedly) to replace a cracked adjustable measuring spoon. The reason I sais supposedly is that the recruit also told this person - I find out later - that he had caled his upline etc to take care of the person. Well I am his upline and I knowhe never called me for any assistance nor did he call our director

Anyone that is rude needs to be reported - If they are rude to us I am sure they are not taking care of our cusomers properly either

Because of bad service, I always write down their name when they identify themselves. I was told that you should always ask for a supervisor if you ever get bad service. If they try to say there isn't one available tell them you will wait. I don't want what happened to your potential recruit to ever happen again.

I was also told if you get exceptional service to email customer service with the workers name because they get rewards when letters of praise are sent in, too. Just saying it won't work.

Joanne,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope this all gets ironed out. I can honestly say I have had all great experiences with customer service. I do get reps once in a while that I have a hard time understanding, but we work together to get things figured out. I have e-mailed HO about exceptional service for a particular situation I had, and the supervisor called me to thank me.

Now that I've typed this, you know the next time I call in will be an awful experience!

Good luck,
Diane

Sorry about your experience, Joanne. That should never happen. I'm glad you reported her. I always make note of the date, time, and rep's name when I place that kind of call. If there's ever any question, I have all the details. I can also report bad experiences and praise good ones.

I've only had one rude experience with a HO CS rep in 6 years, so I think that says a lot for our company! When it did happen, I asked if he had a supervisor and then asked to be transferred to her. I think it is important to be sure you speak to a live person whenever possible in these circumstances to be sure the message gets through. Joanne, if you don't hear back from someone in a few days, I would definitely get on the phone and try to connect with one of the supervisors to make your concerns known.

Mary

I always ask for a name at the beginning of the conversation. Plus I like to know who I am talking to. That is awful that that happened. Let us know what kind of response you get from HO.

I called in January, about 1 1/2 hours before they closed and had to wait. It didn't offer the callback feature. I waited and about 1 minute after they closed I heard a click and then voices in the background, laughing and talking, but only for about 20 seconds. They didn't hear me talking and noone said Hello, so I couldn't even communicate with them. Then I heard another click and "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again" !!

I called back on the chance that someone would answer the call, but NO.... I got the message that their office was closed. It was a friday night, so it held my show up over the weekend.

I hear these crazy stories from y'all and I can't believe it! I have NEVER had problems, I always deal with the nicest people! One time I had someone with a heavy accent, and had a little difficulty understanding her, but she was the nicest lady ever! I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed that I never talk to the people that you do!

I hope it works out... keep us posted... I have had some rude agents before......

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself but......I've NEVER had a rude HO rep. Every time I've called they have been very helpful. Once I had a hard time understanding someone, but she was still very nice and helpful. Yetserday I called to complain about an incident with FedEx and after hearing my story I was transferred immediately to the HO person that works directly with FedEx. I have been very please with HO response.....except the wait times.....

I had a rude person once who refused to transfer me to a supervisor. I was asking for a shipping favor (call tag after 30 days) and she just flat out refused.

I have had a few rude conversations, but mostly toward the end of the day. A tip:
when the wait time is going to be really long and they give you the call back option...just stay on the line. It usually sends you back to the main menu and then push again 1,2,3 for what area you want sent to and usually I get my call picked up in 1-2 minutes. It's much more convenient, then having to make sure that you are home and available when the return call comes.

When I called last week for something there was an hour and a half wait. Wasn't waiting that long, had them call me back

When I managed a retail store, it made a HUMONGOUS difference when customers wrote in or called to compliment our staff's service. The people who weren't so good at some things started to WANT to shine more, so their performances often improved as a result of the positive reinforcement they received. Since this is a problem that is so out of our control, maybe if we start getting the names of the reps who do a good job and sending in some positive feedback, it might help turn the tide a little bit. That's what I'm going to try to remember to do.

1. Why was the customer service representative rude to me?

We apologize if you had a negative experience with one of our representatives. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and we take any reports of rudeness very seriously. Please contact our customer service team with more details so we can address the issue.

2. How can I file a complaint about a rude customer service experience?

We encourage our customers to provide feedback, both positive and negative, about their experiences with our customer service team. You can file a complaint by emailing our customer service department or by calling our toll-free number. We will investigate the issue and take appropriate action.

3. Is this a common issue with Pampered Chef's customer service?

No, this is not a common issue. We have a team of highly trained and dedicated customer service representatives who strive to provide the best service possible. We take any reports of rudeness very seriously and will work to address any issues that may arise.

4. What steps will be taken to ensure this does not happen again?

We will thoroughly investigate the issue and take appropriate action to address any behavior that does not align with our customer service standards. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to our customers and we will continue to train and educate our team to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future.

5. Will I receive any compensation for my bad experience?

We apologize for any negative experience you may have had with our customer service team. While we cannot guarantee compensation, we will do our best to make things right and ensure you have a positive experience with us. Please contact our customer service team to discuss your specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hselby87
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • chefmickey1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefsteph07