• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sick & Unable to Perform: Should I Cancel My Show or Delegate?

you both get what you want. If the consultant is not a friend, then you should politely decline and find someone else to do the show.
cewcooks
Ok, I never thought I would have to say I can't do a show. I have been sick all week and am on meds but I still can;t eat solid foods, and my doctor told me not to go to work till tuesday or if I feel better. Tuesday is my next appointment, if I can't keep solids down then its off to the Hosp for injections:( My question is do I suck it up and do a 2 1/2 hour on Friday the 13th or ask a team member to do the show for me, I have not talked to the host because I was hoping that I would feel better. What should I do??

Similar situation here. I hace a FR scheduled for tomorrow night but need to rest so I can get well enough to go to DC. I called a downline consultant and she took over the FR for me.

I would give it to a fellow consultant OR ask teh host if she is willing to reschedule.

Ask a team member! I wouldn't push yourself because the show needs your enthusiasm and positive energy to up the sales and the bookings! People may feel like you could get thim sick too, being around food and all (even if you're not contageous, people will still think this!) I think it would be best to reset or ask someone else to do the show. Being this close to the show date I would just ask someone else on your team.

I had to do that once- had an ovarian cyst that ruptured...I really wanted to do the show while on Morphine, but the doctors said no. The host freaked out and instead of letting me find a replacement she gave the show to a consultant she worked with- walked away with a $900 show that I helped put together. She didn't have to pay for catalogs, postcards, time host coaching, etc.... needless to say I was a little ticked but I couldn't have done the show anyway.

Do I call the host and tell her that I am ill and a friend is coming to do the show for me? I really don't think she will reschedule because its summer and it took me months just to get this show booked. I don't want to sound selfish, but does she get commision and booking leads from that or can she just turn everything over to me? I normally am not a selfish person but I only have 2 shows this month!

Talk to your host. I've had hosts do the show themselves...and then sign up! Someone could take over the products....

Im sorry KitchenDiva, but that is my biggest fear right now!

First - I am sorry that you are sick, and agree with Brandi that you need to bring your best self to the show.

Ironically, my director called me today to sub for her. She has a medical emergency and it's the first time she has cancelled in 16 years. She called me, gave me all the info, then called the host. I called the host 5 mins later. We were both very upbeat and professional. The host is ok with it and excited about the show!

If you hand off a show to your downline, you will both benefit. If you hand off to a peer or upline, "what goes around comes around" and you will benefit in the future.

Relax and recover!

cewcooks said:
Im sorry KitchenDiva, but that is my biggest fear right now!
If it helps I late found out the host had a mental condition...so I doubt that it will ever happen to you. I'm a mental magnet! :) LOL

Okay DH is putting his den back in his den (the room we turned into a little girls dream bedroom for my niece) so he's gotta unplug cables and things so I'm going to run errands and my computer will be down for a few hours. Talk to you guys around supper time or shortly after! :)

Thanks KitchenDiva I did LOL while holding my belly!

cewcooks said:
Do I call the host and tell her that I am ill and a friend is coming to do the show for me? I really don't think she will reschedule because its summer and it took me months just to get this show booked. I don't want to sound selfish, but does she get commision and booking leads from that or can she just turn everything over to me? I normally am not a selfish person but I only have 2 shows this month!

If the consultant you want to replace you is a "friend", I would see if you can barter w/ her, either you get the sales, she gets the bookings, or vice verse. Maybe that would work for you?

Give it to someone on your team---this way you still get some % of commission. I mean if what Kitchen Diva says===is what you are worried about (it being a high $$ show) you have to bless and release. You're not well, you shouldn't be around food, and your host and her guests will appreciate you finding a replacement. Good Luck

call a sister consultant, give it to a downline or even upline consultant and it will be OK!!! No one wants you around when you don't feel good!!!

Where in VA are you????

chefmeg said:
Where in VA are you????

Yeah, where in VA ARE YOU! I was thinking the same thing

Newington /Lorton area, I know I should not be around food and I haven't really wanted to eat lately, but I hate that every other commerical is about a new cheeseburger!

cewcooks said:
Newington /Lorton area, I know I should not be around food and I haven't really wanted to eat lately, but I hate that every other commerical is about a new cheeseburger!

I don't know where that is, so I am pretty sure I don't know anyone there taht could help you! I am in Chesterfield...

I'm in stafford I think I'm south of you

I know where Stafford is!!!

Hey finally someone does how close are you?

I am in Chesterfield...west of Richmond.

If you have 3-way calling on your cell, find your consultant sub, then call the host together. Start the call by telling your host that you have "Jenny" on the phone with you because your doctor has grounded you. You know your host is looking forward to the party and you didn't want to cancel, so Jenny has graciously agreed to help by coming in your place. This way you can introduce them to each other and guide some of the conversation to give Jenny info. while getting updates from the host. Such as, "I know you're planning to get the UM at 60% off...is there any other product you'd like to see that won't be used in the demo that Jenny can bring with her?" or "you told me you had 8 rsvp's last week...how many guests are you expecting now?"

vwpamperedchef said:
Give it to someone on your team---this way you still get some % of commission. I mean if what Kitchen Diva says===is what you are worried about (it being a high $$ show) you have to bless and release. You're not well, you shouldn't be around food, and your host and her guests will appreciate you finding a replacement. Good Luck

I wanted to order a voodoo doll but I didn't have a lock of the psycho hosts hair! :grumpy:

cewcooks said:
Ok, I never thought I would have to say I can't do a show. I have been sick all week and am on meds but I still can;t eat solid foods, and my doctor told me not to go to work till tuesday or if I feel better. Tuesday is my next appointment, if I can't keep solids down then its off to the Hosp for injections:( My question is do I suck it up and do a 2 1/2 hour on Friday the 13th or ask a team member to do the show for me, I have not talked to the host because I was hoping that I would feel better. What should I do??
What have you decided? Feeling any better or did you talk to a sister consultant or the host yet?

I did try to get a hold of a sister consultant but they all have shows! The host says that is ok she is a good friend and very understanding that I am down and out.. So my DH is going to take a special flyer and catalogs over to her house this evening and the host said the show will go on...

Here's what I did last week - I had a show that was 2 hrs. away and I came down with a horrible sinus infection a week before the show. I loaded up with Zicam and rested the entire week, but I was still so wiped out, I couldn't make the drive to and from the show! So, I called her and a past host who was going to the show, and they tag-teamed it themselves and had a $400 show! :) Not anything huge, but not bad for my not having to do much! I was able to customer care call everyone that came to get some bookings and I offered all the ones that came a free Season's Best (gave me a GREAT reason to call them all) for putting up with a non-consultant show. :) I got the bookings and the sales. :)

krackley said:
Here's what I did last week - I had a show that was 2 hrs. away and I came down with a horrible sinus infection a week before the show. I loaded up with Zicam and rested the entire week, but I was still so wiped out, I couldn't make the drive to and from the show! So, I called her and a past host who was going to the show, and they tag-teamed it themselves and had a $400 show! :) Not anything huge, but not bad for my not having to do much! I was able to customer care call everyone that came to get some bookings and I offered all the ones that came a free Season's Best (gave me a GREAT reason to call them all) for putting up with a non-consultant show. :) I got the bookings and the sales. :)

I did something similar last year when I had bronchitis.

The host pulled out all of her PC products, and the past host brought some more. I emailed the recipe to her, and they sat around the table and chatted and played with the products....she had a $500 show, and I bought her the utility knife as a gift for doing the show on her own.

Yes, I've tried to recruit her...I'm still trying to recruit her 18 months later...she is a perpetual fence sitter!

Yeah, it worked really well for me too, Becky - I bought her the food chopper (on special so it was only $11.60 for me!) and she's super excited about that. I hadn't sent her the host specials, so I think she thought I paid full price for it. . . anyway - she was really grateful for it, and is super excited to get it! :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for just that kind of luck. Truly how long can someone go without eating, I tried a little bit of applesauce today and it just passes by, you know what I mean...I'm so uncomfortable...
Thanks to you guys for giving great advice

cewcooks said:
I am keeping my fingers crossed for just that kind of luck. Truly how long can someone go without eating, I tried a little bit of applesauce today and it just passes by, you know what I mean...I'm so uncomfortable...
Thanks to you guys for giving great advice

I sure hope you're on the mend, soon!

How did the show go?

Are you feeling any better yet?

Related to Sick & Unable to Perform: Should I Cancel My Show or Delegate?

1. Can I still perform if I am sick and unable to eat solid foods?

It is not recommended to perform if you are sick and unable to eat solid foods. Your body needs nourishment and rest to recover from illness. Performing could worsen your condition and potentially harm your health.

2. Should I cancel my show if I am sick?

If you are unable to perform, it is best to cancel the show. Your health and well-being should always be a priority. Cancelling the show may inconvenience some people, but it is important to take care of yourself first.

3. Can I delegate the show to someone else?

If you are unable to perform, delegating the show to a team member may be a solution. However, make sure to communicate with the host and your team member to ensure they are prepared and able to take on the show.

4. How should I approach the host about my illness?

If you need to cancel or delegate the show, it is important to communicate with the host as soon as possible. Be honest and explain your situation. Most hosts will understand and appreciate your effort to prioritize your health.

5. What if I have a performance scheduled soon after my doctor's appointment?

If your doctor advises you not to perform, it is best to follow their advice and cancel or delegate the show. Your health should always come first, and it is important to listen to your doctor's recommendations. You can always reschedule the show for a later date when you are feeling better.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • Luv2bake