• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Newsletters: How to Do It Right

In summary, the conversation discusses different ways of sending homemade newsletters. Some people prefer to type the newsletter directly in the email and send it to groups of people, while others use Word and Mail Merge to create personalized emails for each individual. There is also a mention of including dates of availability in the newsletter and the importance of keeping the newsletter short and simple. The conversation ends with a compliment to Ann for her helpfulness.
ChefJoyJ
When you send out your newsletters, how do you do it? Do you send it as an attachment, embed it in the email, or what? I know many of you use constant contact, tasty tidbits, or another service, but I'm interested in how those who send homemade newsletters send them. I'm "borrowing" some of Rema's newsletter, personalizing it and changing it to fit me, and need to know how to send it.

Thanks!!
Joy :)

Hi Joy,

I just write my own each month - nothing too fancy and include a recipe at the end. Then I blind carbon copy and send them out (grouped in about 50 at a time) - I have compliments on my newsletter - I don't include pictures and make it relatively short. I figure as long as it's getting out each month - that's a good way to keep our names out there. And I've started including dates that I'm not available so people know I have a life too (in case they are looking to book a show!) Good luck!

When I sent mine from my own email, I used Word to create the newsletter, and Mail Merge (it's in the Tools menu in Word) to create email messages from the document. It uses the document as the body of the email, and creates 1 message for each person on your list, so everyone gets their own copy. Then I sent them in groups of 10 (more than that, and my ISP (Comcast) would throw up).

Ann, does it BCC when you do that?

Ann, that is the most clever idea! I use Word and merging all the time, but never thought of doing the email merge! Arigato!

When I did my own, I just type everything up right in the email. Included guest special, host special, host of the month, upcoming special, etc. Then I BCC in groups so that it wouldn't come up as spam in some people emails and so Yahoo would actually send them out.

I'll have to try what Ann does. Thanks, Ann. You are soooo helpful soooo often. My brain throws up with too much information in it, so it's good to have people like you.:)

Gina M said:
Hi Joy,

I just write my own each month - nothing too fancy and include a recipe at the end. Then I blind carbon copy and send them out (grouped in about 50 at a time) - I have compliments on my newsletter - I don't include pictures and make it relatively short. I figure as long as it's getting out each month - that's a good way to keep our names out there. And I've started including dates that I'm not available so people know I have a life too (in case they are looking to book a show!) Good luck!

This is exactly what I do! I find that with myself, I sometimes can't open attachments people send me--& I don't want that happening with my newsletter;) I've had people compliment me on mine, and they look forward to a new recipe each month.

ChefJoyJ said:
Ann, does it BCC when you do that?
No need for BCC - everyone gets their own copy that is sent only to them. It's kinda neat to hit the "merge" button in Word and see over 200 messages appear in the outbox in the email program.

1. What should I include in my newsletter?

Your newsletter should include relevant and interesting content for your audience. This can include new product releases, promotions, recipes, tips, and any other updates or news related to your business.

2. How often should I send newsletters?

The frequency of your newsletters will depend on your audience and the type of content you have to share. Generally, sending a newsletter once a month is a good rule of thumb. However, if you have time-sensitive information or promotions, you may want to send them more frequently.

3. How do I ensure my newsletter is visually appealing?

Make sure to use high-quality images and graphics that are relevant to your content. Use a clear and easy-to-read font, and keep your layout clean and organized. You can also use templates provided by your email marketing platform to create a professional-looking newsletter.

4. Can I personalize my newsletters?

Yes, you can personalize your newsletters by addressing your recipients by their name. You can also segment your email list and send targeted newsletters to different groups based on their interests or behavior.

5. How do I measure the success of my newsletters?

You can track the success of your newsletters by monitoring metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions. These metrics will give you insights into how engaged your audience is with your content and if your newsletters are driving desired actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Mama2bowbaby
  • pampered2007