• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using labels for your invites?

I have been sending out the invites for 2 years. My success has been overwhelming. I started out with the host filling out one of my own forms and then I had to handwrite all the invites. The problem with that for me was that sometimes the host has crappy handwriting and I couldn't read what they wrote. As soon as HO introduced the forms, I switched. I also created an instruction sheet explaining the importance of the form and how to fill it out. Where we live is a little rural and not "everyone" has email so I found this long form the most convenient for me. I know that one thing people are concerned about sending the invites is the postage cost. I came up
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I know we've said a lot on this topic...and I'm about to be converted to sending them out for my hosts. :rolleyes:

For those who send them out, how many have used the labels that are on the supply order form...do you like them?

Any other comments???? I've already made labels before for the left side of the invites so it is neater than handwriting...and sometimes I've handwritten them so it is more personal.

The labels from HO are messy and cramped! I ordered them when they first came out - and what I found with almost every host that used them was that the lines were too small, and so the names and addresses ran over the allotted space, and when I would separate them to put them on the invitations - parts of names and addresses would be missing.

I use labels for the left side - and hand write the guest name & address - Usually while I am just sitting at night.

ChefBeckyD said:
The labels from HO are messy and cramped! I ordered them when they first came out - and what I found with almost every host that used them was that the lines were too small, and so the names and addresses ran over the allotted space, and when I would separate them to put them on the invitations - parts of names and addresses would be missing.

I use labels for the left side - and hand write the guest name & address - Usually while I am just sitting at night.

Thanks for the information/opinion before I spend any money!!!!

Do you just give them a form to fill out for addresses????

...and what is "just sitting at night?" Never experienced it...oh wait, I'm usually on CS during that time.

Someone had posted some files they give to their hosts, including some labels. I'm going to switch to them from the ones on supply order. Those are nice because they're perforated and adhesive, but I can use a pair of scissors and a glue stick! :D

janetupnorth said:
Thanks for the information/opinion before I spend any money!!!!

Do you just give them a form to fill out for addresses????

...and what is "just sitting at night?" Never experienced it...oh wait, I'm usually on CS during that time.

Oh come on Janet! you mean you can't do 2 things at once???:p

Here is the form I put in my host packet - pretty basic! (and the 50 Guests in 5 Minutes flyer I include too)

Attachments

• Guest List.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 50 GUESTS IN 5 MINUTES.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 349
janetupnorth said:
I know we've said a lot on this topic...and I'm about to be converted to sending them out for my hosts. :rolleyes:

For those who send them out, how many have used the labels that are on the supply order form...do you like them?

Any other comments???? I've already made labels before for the left side of the invites so it is neater than handwriting...and sometimes I've handwritten them so it is more personal.

I have been sending out the invites for 2 years. My success has been overwhelming. I started out with the host filling out one of my own forms and then I had to handwrite all the invites. The problem with that for me was that sometimes the host has crappy handwriting and I couldn't read what they wrote. As soon as HO introduced the forms, I switched. I also created an instruction sheet explaining the importance of the form and how to fill it out. Where we live is a little rural and not "everyone" has email so I found this long form the most convenient for me. I know that one thing that people are concerned about sending the invites is the postage cost. I came up with an incentive program for providing more invites. You can see my program on the attached form. I print it on a bright piece of paper so it is easy to find. I am considering going to the host packet folder (with protected pages) and this would be either the first or second page. I figure that the most important thing for the host is to have people in the chairs. Once they have done that, I can do the rest. But if there are only 2 guests, it's pretty hard to have a $1000 show (unless they each buy cookware at full retail:rolleyes:)
That's what works for me!

Attachments

• Address Labels Instructions.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 453
I have heard of consultants making labels with the show info on them to stick on the invites. Does anyone do that along with address labels. It would save the host time when filling out the invitations, but I am not that good with figuring computer stuff. I was just wondering if it is difficult to do.

mpkegley said:
I have heard of consultants making labels with the show info on them to stick on the invites. Does anyone do that along with address labels. It would save the host time when filling out the invitations, but I am not that good with figuring computer stuff. I was just wondering if it is difficult to do.
I do that for every show, whether I mail the invites or the host does. They're pretty easy to do. Word has label templates already set up, you just need to find the one for your labels (I use the 30 to a page address labels).

stayinathomemama said:
I have been sending out the invites for 2 years. My success has been overwhelming. I started out with the host filling out one of my own forms and then I had to handwrite all the invites. The problem with that for me was that sometimes the host has crappy handwriting and I couldn't read what they wrote. As soon as HO introduced the forms, I switched. I also created an instruction sheet explaining the importance of the form and how to fill it out. Where we live is a little rural and not "everyone" has email so I found this long form the most convenient for me. I know that one thing that people are concerned about sending the invites is the postage cost. I came up with an incentive program for providing more invites. You can see my program on the attached form. I print it on a bright piece of paper so it is easy to find. I am considering going to the host packet folder (with protected pages) and this would be either the first or second page. I figure that the most important thing for the host is to have people in the chairs. Once they have done that, I can do the rest. But if there are only 2 guests, it's pretty hard to have a $1000 show (unless they each buy cookware at full retail:rolleyes:)

Thanks for sharing!

chefann said:
I do that for every show, whether I mail the invites or the host does. They're pretty easy to do. Word has label templates already set up, you just need to find the one for your labels (I use the 30 to a page address labels).

So, do you just have the hosts fill out a paper copy and then you type them all into Word?

No- I was referring to the show info labels, since that's what Mary asked about.

Currently, I use the write-in address labels from supply order, but they're a little too small. Things get cut off when people write on them.

I guess I should add that probably 9 times out of 10, my host emails the guest list to me. In fact, I can't remember the last time I got a list in the mail!

I started sending out invites 4.5 yrs ago - soon after starting my business. The frustration of last minute cancellations and shows where every guest is a no-show are in the past.......IF the host follows my instructions!!
Occasionally I will get a host who wants to do things her way (just word of mouth, etc....) and invariably, those shows are my low attended, low sales shows.

I've stopped using the post card invites that the company offers & started making my own. Nothing fancy, but it makes the guests feel like they're being invited to a party, not "come & spend money." I've had lots of customers comment on how much they love it; plus, you can be really creative with colors & fonts. Most of my hosts love not having to deal with sending invites out; anything to make it easier for them.

chefjill said:
I've stopped using the post card invites that the company offers & started making my own. Nothing fancy, but it makes the guests feel like they're being invited to a party, not "come & spend money." I've had lots of customers comment on how much they love it; plus, you can be really creative with colors & fonts. Most of my hosts love not having to deal with sending invites out; anything to make it easier for them.

So...can you post samples of your "work" here?? I'm sure everyone will want to see what you've come up with!!

Paula

I use the labels from Word. My hosts all love having all the show info preprinted and it is eye catching when color is used. I also have a little room at the bottom for special info like that months guest spec. I can attach it here.View attachment Tammy Haneline Labels.doc

Last edited:
I use the PC invites and make labels for them. With careful placement, I am able to fit alot on there! I have the stamp, my PC info stamp, a label with show info, a label for the guest's address, a label with "can't make it to the show go to website" info, and also a bring a friend sticker. Lots of stuff, but it fits well and still looks neat.

Candi_f said:
I use the PC invites and make labels for them. With careful placement, I am able to fit alot on there! I have the stamp, my PC info stamp, a label with show info, a label for the guest's address, a label with "can't make it to the show go to website" info, and also a bring a friend sticker. Lots of stuff, but it fits well and still looks neat.

That does sound like a lot but I would love to see how you do it. Would you be able to take a pic. of the next invites you send & post it here?

I'm having trouble uploading the invite...a bit computer illiterate sometimes...if you give me your email, I'll send a couple to you directly...

Jill Wright
[email protected]

Speaking of invites....

Does anyone have an invite for the Sip n' Dip party? (Not the Bites and Bevs!) I didn't see one in the files section.

TIA!

stayinathomemama said:

LOVE your file!!!!

For all my shows, the invites have to be hand delivered or done through email. It's something to do with the military postal system... you can't use it to profit. I've had hosts send them through the post office in the past, and they've never been received.

So, my hosts do it all. I just hand out 40 blank invitations with each host packet.

To upload a file, just click on "advanced" where you usually post.
Click on "Manage Attachments" below the posting box.
Click "Browse".
Go find your file. Usually it's under "My Documents".
Then Submit Reply.

Hope this helps and that it was your computer just "saying no, I'm busy". They do that! :)

As for me, I currently have been using the PC postcards. I actually print the information on the invites by setting up a template so everything fits where it should. I "highlight" certain info that way too. I can then print Bring a Friend in different colors, add any special I might be doing or other reason's to come.I do tend to handwrite the names/addresses most of the time. I have printed them as well though (not on labels, but as a merge) b/c I can use great fonts (larger) and add other "doodads". Otherwise, I'll use pretty flower stamps and "Great New Additions" (stamp from Stampin Up) or something like that. Trying to make it less dry and more fun. OH! and if you have a PWS, put that on FOR SURE! That's the first thing I look for if I can't come.HOWEVER, I think I'm going to start sending the mini catalog instead with show info inside and see how that works out.

I use the HO address sheets because they're easy....my daughter helps me stick them on a lot, plus since there's an extra copy--I"m keeping it so when that host hosts another show, I've got the guests she invited last-then she can edit that.
I've been using the mini catalogs for quite awhile now. You guys have seen before the little note I put in there. It costs a bit more, but the guests that come are excited to see the new stuff, and those that can't come can see what they might want to order. For the last couple months of the season, I've just been using a full-page invite instead.
If you haven't yet tried sending your invites....try it & see what it does for your biz:)

When all my paperwork comes in I take a day spread everything out in my dining room and slap a label on everything I've ordered then put it in the correct basket or file.
my invites get 2 stickers (bring a friend or outside order and get a gift) & over the company website info a label with my contact info.

When the host emails me her guest list I print it and hand address her invites (Then I mail her the email she sent for her to use as a RSVP checklist another way for me to have contact with her )

On Averys 5160 size label I put her show info in color then highlight the RSVP phone #

Teresa Lynn said:
When all my paperwork comes in I take a day spread everything out in my dining room and slap a label on everything I've ordered then put it in the correct basket or file.
my invites get 2 stickers (bring a friend or outside order and get a gift) & over the company website info a label with my contact info.

When the host emails me her guest list I print it and hand address her invites (Then I mail her the email she sent for her to use as a RSVP checklist another way for me to have contact with her )

On Averys 5160 size label I put her show info in color then highlight the RSVP phone #

I do my postcard invites the EXACT SAME WAY that you do!!!:D

I too print the Avery labels with the show info. I type the same info that is already on the postcard invite except that instead of RSVP, I started typing "Please Respond" in Bold. I include the phone # and an email if the host has one. I think that some people have no idea what RSVP means!

I'm going to have to start covering up the company website with my info. I think that is a great idea. Is anyone willing to share the set-up of their labels with the contact info. (I already to the show info - but I could do another sticker too!)

my contact info label is avery 88567
it is small font but it includes

My name
phone #
email
website

Here is what I use to cover up the HO info :

Attachments

• Cant make the party.doc
    60 KB · Views: 308
yes they are 80 labels
I also put them on all my recipe cards I give at my shows

Christ Follower said:
Speaking of invites....

Does anyone have an invite for the Sip n' Dip party? (Not the Bites and Bevs!) I didn't see one in the files section.

TIA!

This should help!

Attachments

• HWC_SipDip_Invitation.doc
    76 KB · Views: 356
OK, so I am totally on board with sending invitations for my hosts, but I am not having luck getting my hosts on board! I have tried this with 4 of my most recent hosts and none of them have taken me up on it. They have done e-vites (not through my site) or ended up canceling. How do you sell it to your host?

I tell guests I want to make hosting a show easy for them so I take my dishes home dirty and as a service to them I mail the invites.

sfdavis918 said:
OK, so I am totally on board with sending invitations for my hosts, but I am not having luck getting my hosts on board! I have tried this with 4 of my most recent hosts and none of them have taken me up on it. They have done e-vites (not through my site) or ended up canceling. How do you sell it to your host?
I don't ask them if they want me to do it for them. I tell them that I will take care of all the invites and I just need them to get the addresses to me by a certain date. I give them an address list form and put their name and the date I need it returned to me on the top along with a SASE so they can mailit to me.

What you might want to try if you get some resistance is tell them that you are trying something new for a few months and would they help you out with this experiment.

I'm with Linda, for my guests, it's not a choice. It's just the way that I run my business.

Just to give you all an example of what I used on my postcard invites is an Avery label 6572 and their is 15 per sheet. I give these to the host and say mail these early and follow up OR only use them as reminders. I don't trust these as they have gotten lost in the mail.

I do mail invites and those are usually one that I print on VERY bright paper. I have an example of it posted as well. I usually print the address information on the back side and close with mailing seals so you don't have to deal with envelopes

(I am thinking I will start to hand write the address to see if attendance goes up)

Attachments

• 6572 Invite Labels.doc
    53 KB · Views: 341
  • Classified Invite-Friends Afternoon KK.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
I run the PC invites through my printer for the Host/show info. I hand-write the guest's address.

pamperedlinda said:
I run the PC invites through my printer for the Host/show info. I hand-write the guest's address.

That's what I do but I do just the opposite. My crappy printer can't consistently align properly so I handwrite the show info (date, time, host, etc) and run them thru the printer for the guest's name & address.

dannyzmom said:
That's what I do but I do just the opposite. My crappy printer can't consistently align properly so I handwrite the show info (date, time, host, etc) and run them thru the printer for the guest's name & address.
I have to adjust it everytime HO designs a new invite too. Here's the one that works for my printer (HP3055). I can't take credit, someone else put it out here and I adjusted it for my printer. You might be able to use it or make minor adjustments for yourself. This is for the plain invites (FK01).

Attachments

• Invitation Template_default.doc
    31 KB · Views: 388
This Avery thing is pretty cool. I feel so computer savvy. :) Thanks for all the tips and help, everyone.

Does anyone have the 50 Guest in 5 Minutes that has 2 vertical copies side by side--ie It makes two on every sheet of paper and you just cut down the middle and wrap around an invitation pack. I don't have the doc file just the paper copy and I used my last one and can't make copies anymore.

Not sure if this is the one you're talking about; this is the 50 in 5 that I have!

Attachments

• FiftyInFive[1].doc
    2.4 KB · Views: 229
Here is what I have Julie... How about 40 in 4 :p

Last edited:

1. What are the benefits of using labels for invitations?

Using labels for invitations can save time and effort, as it eliminates the need for handwriting each invitation. It also creates a more professional and uniform appearance for your invitations.

2. How many Pampered Chef consultants use the labels from the supply order form?

Many Pampered Chef consultants use the labels from the supply order form for their invitations. However, the decision to use them ultimately depends on the personal preference of each consultant.

3. Do you personally recommend using the labels?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have found that using labels for invitations can be a helpful tool. It saves time and allows for a more polished look for the invitations. However, the decision to use them is ultimately up to each individual consultant and their personal preference.

4. Are there any other reasons to use labels for invitations?

In addition to saving time and creating a professional appearance, using labels for invitations can also make it easier to keep track of responses. Many consultants will use different labels for guests who RSVP yes, no, or maybe, making it easier to organize and plan for their parties.

5. Can you share any tips or tricks for using labels for invitations?

Some consultants may choose to use labels on the back of their invitations, while others may prefer to use them on the front. It is also helpful to use a font that is easy to read and align the labels neatly on the invitations. Experiment with different label sizes and layouts to find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lmradlein
Replies