• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Host Invites: Do You Have Any Tips?

In summary, Lacy recommends mailing out the invites yourself, using the labels that Pampered Chef supplies or your own form. She also recommends rewarding your host for a certain number of contacts names.
KimberleePowell
I am starting to consider mailing out the host's invites for her/him. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers? Do you use the labels that Pampered Chef supplies or do you have your own form. Do you reward your host for a certain number of contacts names? Any information would be greatly appreciated.:)

I have attached the form I use if my hostess has access to E-Mail. If she does not, I give her the one from Home office. I have just started doing this, because that way I know how many invites are sent out, etc. I have had too many shows lately with only 5-6 guests, and I am determined to change that.

Attachments

• Blank Label File for Host Guest List.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 589
I started using the mini catalogs as my invitations. I then type up a note with all the party info, and info on ordering online if they can't come, and tape inside the front page. I have the host fill out the guest address labels from HO, and I also make a label that says "you're invited to a cooking show...see inside for details"--I put that on the outside front of the mini.
I have found that using the mini catalogs gets people excited, especially if they haven't seen the catalog for awhile. It's helped with outside orders; because people see something in picture they want in the book.

I don't use labels for the guests names & addresses....I just think it's a more personal invitation if it is hand written. I do make up labels w/ the show info on them though....and also put my own little website label over the PC.com line at the bottom of the invite....and also use the Nancy sticker - "bring a friend or outside order and get a gift". I tried the labels from PC - they are horrible (IMO) not enough room for host to write info, and sorta cheesy looking - I used then twice, and threw the rest away!

I use the HO labels and I ask for a check for postage from the host. If she provides 40 or more names, the postage is free.

I also provide an SASE for her to send the labels back to me.

lacychef said:
I started using the mini catalogs as my invitations. I then type up a note with all the party info, and info on ordering online if they can't come, and tape inside the front page. I have the host fill out the guest address labels from HO, and I also make a label that says "you're invited to a cooking show...see inside for details"--I put that on the outside front of the mini.
I have found that using the mini catalogs gets people excited, especially if they haven't seen the catalog for awhile. It's helped with outside orders; because people see something in picture they want in the book.

Lacy
Will you post what you put on the mini catalogs? I think this is a great idea!

DebbieJ said:
I use the HO labels and I ask for a check for postage from the host. If she provides 40 or more names, the postage is free.

I also provide an SASE for her to send the labels back to me.
I would think that hosts might have a problem with giving you a check for postage. Do you experience that?

I pay for the postage...it makes having a show easier.

tashayoung said:
I pay for the postage...it makes having a show easier.
That is what I do too.

I pay the postage also....I heard the Lemonaid Lady talk about this early in my PC career and it just clicked with me....I had been having soooo many last minute cancellations of shows, and I suspected it was because hosts weren't mailing out invites, or mailing them late, or only mailing a few....
Well, she talked about how I really shouldn't expect hosts to mail out invites - that it was my business, so that was just part of doing business, and that to ask for the postage was like only going half way. I know a lot of consultants ask for the price of postage - and if that works for them - than that's great! But for my business, it just makes sense for me to pay the postage and write it off. (And my cancellation problem vanished into thin air!)

I started mailing the invites in October. I love it! I know how many guests are invited and when the invites were mailed - my show average and attendance has gone up considerably and I've had a $1000 show each month......prior to doing this I had only had one $1000 show in a year. To me, the added postage and little bit of work on my part has increased my commission way more than the cost of the stamps, plus it's a business expense. I highly reccommend you at least trying it.

I have asked this question beforebut havent gotten an answer. When you pay for postage what is the average abount you spend on it roughly? TIA

smarteez2 said:
but havent gotten an answer. When you pay for postage what is the average abount you spend on it roughly? TIA
Depends on how many invites I send out. Postage stamps cost 24 cents each. I buy them in rolls of 100 for $24. My hosts give me anywhere from 20 to 45 names. Average is probably @ 35 names so 35X24=$8.40

I also encourage my hosts to use my PWS and send evites. I have the host do that part, I only send the postcards to those who either do not check their email on a regular basis or who do not have email.

I mail their invites hand written in my hand writing.... and I pay for the postage... then again I pay for the food to, the only thing they need to do is host a show and invite 40 people if they know that many people.

Thank you so much!!
pamperedlinda said:
Depends on how many invites I send out. Postage stamps cost 24 cents each. I buy them in rolls of 100 for $24. My hosts give me anywhere from 20 to 45 names. Average is probably @ 35 names so 35X24=$8.40

I also encourage my hosts to use my PWS and send evites. I have the host do that part, I only send the postcards to those who either do not check their email on a regular basis or who do not have email.

For your answer I really appreciate it!!:eek:)

Here ya go Tasha! I hope it attaches okay......this is what I put inside my mini catalogs. I type it so it fits inside, & there's 4 to a page.

Attachments

• inside_mini_invite.doc
    7.7 KB · Views: 322
I don't know.....it didn't open for me....
Here's what I type...

You're invited to a Pampered Chef Cooking Show!!
Host: XXX
Date: XXX
Time: XXX
Place: XXX
Phone: XXX

Please RSVP so we can plan the menu accordingly!
If you can't come, but would like to order, you
can contact (host name), or you may to to
www.yourwebsite.biz, and enter the host's name
when asked, and your order will be added to the show!

Hope to see you there!

(that's my generic one....this month I"m also adding 'come see the new products')
I also type it so it fits 4 to a page; it's the perfect size to fit inside the mini's.

Lacy, I like this idea! :) I may borrow it when I run out of postcards! :)

Thanks Lacy! I couldn't get it to open either - and I think I'd like to try this idea!

I offer to send invites for my hosts and since I do the shopping for them, I just give them the amount when I get to the show. After all, they get $15 from PC to pay for these things. However, if their show is over $500, I typically pay for it. This way, I avoid spending more on gas, postage & food then I make on a $150 show!! I haven't had any hosts complain about that. They are usually very happy not to have to do this stuff themselves. I actually print the info right on the invites (instead of labels). I also add my website (really a VERY bold .biz/"mysite") to cover up the .com. I also will print any special for the show and such there too, including "bring a guest, get a gift" and I can highlight it so they at least read that. May not have room on the new invites though.

This is the invite I've been putting in the mini-catalogs I send out.

Trish in Texas
Future Director & Recruiter

Attachments

• Mini Catalog Invite 2.doc
    55 KB · Views: 447
So do you just set them inside or tape them?

Oh I would tape them, what if they fall out.
Then they can say, "Oh, I never saw the invite"

You're welcome girls:) Yes, I tape mine inside the first page, then you have to tape the catty closed, or you will get a call from your friendly post office to come down & tape them shut (yes, talking from experience here!). I also stamp my info in the return address place, so the guests have it.

Sending Invites!I stopped giving host packets out at my show, I still do the three pile system, but instead of packets I give out a stamped envelope with a 40 name flyer. As soon as I get there guest list back I get the packet to them and go over it with them (host coaching). This way I know they are serious about there shows and I also by the groceries for them and just give them a receit for all when we close the show. I offer them $5.00 in PC money if they return there guest list within a week. This has worked out great for me, I was getting in maybe three shows a month. Now this past month I closed out 7 shows all about 400.00!!

Related to Sending Host Invites: Do You Have Any Tips?

1. How do I create and send out invites for my host's party?

To create and send invites for your host's party, log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "Host a Party" section. From there, you can select the option to send invites via email or by mail. Fill in the necessary information and click "Send" to complete the process.

2. Can I customize the invites with my own message and images?

Yes, you can customize the invites with your own message and images. When creating the invites, there is an option to add a personalized message and upload images. This allows you to add a personal touch and make the invites more engaging for your guests.

3. How many invites can I send out at once?

You can send out up to 50 invites at once through the Pampered Chef website. If you have a larger guest list, you can send out multiple batches of 50 invites. This helps ensure that all your guests receive the invitation in a timely manner and can RSVP accordingly.

4. Can I track the RSVPs for the invites I send out?

Yes, you can track the RSVPs for the invites you send out. When you send invites through the Pampered Chef website, you will receive a notification when a guest responds to the invitation. You can also view the RSVP status for each guest in the "Host a Party" section of your account.

5. Is there an option to print the invites and send them out by mail?

Yes, there is an option to print the invites and send them out by mail. When creating the invites, you can select the option to print and mail them instead of sending them electronically. This is a great option for guests who may not have access to email or prefer a physical invitation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • ChefJoyJ