• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling the Dcb & Working With the Economy

In summary, In October, Erin will have more shows than she has ever had in one month, and she just received her DCB. She would like to make this a huge seller - as she knows it is for many consultants. She has been looking through threads and on CC, but she hasn't found what she is looking for. How do you market this at your shows? Especially if you are not using it to cook with. Thursday night, she is making the bread bowl artichoke dip. How do you push something that you aren't even using in your demo? She also wants this to be a big month - especially with Christmas right around the corner. She recommends using the d
thecougchef
i have more shows than i have ever had in one month coming up for october. i also just received my dcb. i would like to make this a huge seller - as i know it is for alot of consultants. ive been looking through threads and on cc but i havent exactly found what im looking for.

how do you market this at your shows? especially if you arent using it to cook with. thursday night i am making the bread bowl artichoke dip. how do i push something that im not even using in my demo??

what wording do you use to involve the $2/serving dishes??

i want this to be a big month - especially with christmas right around the corner! ;)

USE the dcb at your shows...they won't believe it unless they SEE it.

I have been doing the 30 mins chicken! It is great for those with little time (My MIL and her friends work in NYC and travel at least 1 hour to get home). They love this!!

I am doing it at my show this weekend (which the host is having it at my home) which is even better!! I don't have to move all my stuff!! I willdo the 30 min chicken and while its cooking, they will do an interactive trifle recipe!!

They can host a show and get it for FREE!

the dcb has been hot for all my shows.. people love it..

30 minute chicken - its a must at a show - grab a bunch when they are on sale!

Somewhere in files is a bunch of recipes for it as well - print some up and give them to all who purchase one - love the DCB!

The chicken fajitas have been a HUGE hit for me.

my host really wants to make the bread bowl dip.
so. should i just make a chicken? and then dive into the bread bowl demo?
then when its done the chicken should be done?
why do i feel helpless all of the sudden?

Use these tri-fold brochures with recipes to show your hosts and guests there are many things they can make. ;)

I got these from here some time or another.

Attachments

• DCB Tri fold MICROWAVE[1].doc
    56.5 KB · Views: 495
  • DCB oven dishes.doc
    127.5 KB · Views: 389
I am doing these tomorrow night at my show. We absolutely loved them!

YES! Do the chicken at the start of your show so that they can see it being used (I bring the garlic oil and the spice mix already done, and just put them on the chicken in the DCB and pop in the micro - 5 minutes tops!) - and then give them the handout of the microwave uses. Everyone can figure out how to use it on the oven - but when they see the incredible results you get from the microwave - they will be sold!

I think I sold 2 in 6 months - and then I started doing the 30 Minute Chicken, and started selling 2-3 per show, and booking shows like crazy for others who wanted one!
I Actually bill the 30 Minute Chicken Show as the show you have to see to believe!

ChefBeckyD said:
YES! Do the chicken at the start of your show so that they can see it being used (I bring the garlic oil and the spice mix already done, and just put them on the chicken in the DCB and pop in the micro - 5 minutes tops!) - and then give them the handout of the microwave uses. Everyone can figure out how to use it on the oven - but when they see the incredible results you get from the microwave - they will be sold!

thats perfect. :thumbup:
thanks everyone! heres to good results....

If you buy the (6 pound?) large bag of individually frozen chicken breasts and keep them in the freezer, you can get 2 or 3 of them out of the bag (depending on the size), put them in the DCB (sprinkle both sides with your choice of seasoning -- Pampered Chef of course) and micro cook covered for about 8 minutes. Remove from microwave, turn them over and add a bit more seasoning. Replace lid and cook about 6 more minutes. Let stand covered about 10 minutes.

You get great juicy chicken which is not as messy to show people as the 30 minute chicken and is way easier to cut up and serve. Less fat, too. And if your hostess gets frozen instead of fresh chicken breasts for fajitas, it's nice to know that you are not up the creek. This might just turn into some thoughts on a different twist for the Chicken Power Cooking Show. I can't wait to see those new recipes. :chef:​

At my show yesterday I made the fajitas. I sold 3 DCB and only 4 guests at the show. What I thought might be a $200 show turned into a $400 show before I left the show. Use at the show.

Make the Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler in the DCB to go along with the bread bowl at your show.

tlag1986 said:
Use these tri-fold brochures with recipes to show your hosts and guests there are many things they can make. ;)

I got these from here some time or another.

That is awesome! I don't know where they originated, but those tri-folds ROCK!

Oh, and a side note...I went to HS in Palatine, IL...people sometimes addressed things wrong and it would say "Palestine, IL". Interesting to know there is actually a town called Palestine, IL. :chef:

Thanks for the great suggestions.

I haven't looked at the chicken power cooking recipes very closely. Could we use the DCB to microwave enough chicken to make the recipes? The DCB is cheaper than the 12" Skillets. I don't even know if this will work or not, but it is worth a try.

tlag1986 said:
I haven't looked at the chicken power cooking recipes very closely. Could we use the DCB to microwave enough chicken to make the recipes? The DCB is cheaper than the 12" Skillets. I don't even know if this will work or not, but it is worth a try.

Chefruthie and I were just discussing that this afternoon!

I'm going to try it at home first, and see if it will work.

I think it should work and make an option for a less expensive item (DCB vs. 12" skillet).

tlag1986 said:
I think it should work and make an option for a less expensive item (DCB vs. 12" skillet).

Yes - just need to work with it and see how long it takes to do 3 lbs of chicken breast.

Related to Selling the Dcb & Working With the Economy

1. How has the current economy affected the sales of the DCB (Deep Covered Baker)?

The current economy has actually had a positive impact on the sales of the DCB. With more people cooking at home and looking for budget-friendly options, the DCB's versatility and ability to make delicious meals in a fraction of the time has made it a popular item among customers.

2. Are there any strategies or tips for selling the DCB in a down economy?

One strategy is to highlight the cost-saving benefits of the DCB, such as using less energy to cook and being able to make multiple meals in one dish. Another tip is to offer cooking demonstrations and share recipes that utilize affordable and readily available ingredients.

3. How does the DCB compare to other cookware in terms of price?

The DCB is competitively priced compared to other high-quality cookware. Its durability and versatility make it a worthwhile investment for any kitchen. Plus, with our special offers and discounts, customers can get an even better deal on the DCB.

4. Can the DCB be used for more than just baking?

Absolutely! The DCB can be used for a variety of cooking methods, including baking, roasting, steaming, and even grilling. Its versatile design allows for endless possibilities in the kitchen.

5. Is it difficult to clean the DCB?

Not at all! The DCB features a non-stick surface, making it easy to clean with just warm water and mild soap. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience. Just be sure to avoid using metal utensils to prevent scratching the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • HealthNut