• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seafood Lasagna, Lid/Bowl for Rectangular Baker

In summary, the author updated some recipes and came across this Seafood Lasagna recipe. They recommend using foil or a large bar pan as a lid instead of the lid/bowl that is in the recipe. The author also recommends using seafood that they dislike, in order to make the recipe.
babywings76
Gold Member
I was going through some files and was updating some products that are listed in some recipes I have for handouts. I came across this recipe. I haven't made it before, so I'm not sure what a good substitute should be (foil?) instead of the lid/bowl to the rectangular baker. Any ideas?

Oops, it would help if I posted the recipe. :blushing:Seafood Lasagna9 uncooked lasagna noodles 1 1/2 cups green onions with tops, sliced
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of shrimp soup 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup milk 1 tsp olive oil
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese 4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 egg 12 oz frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed
1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup) 1 (8 oz) pkg flake or chunk style imitation crabmeat
5 Tbls fresh parsley, snipped, divided 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepperPreheat oven to 350. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Mix soup and milk in 1 Qt Batter Bowl; set aside. In Classic 2 Qt Batter Bowl, mix ricotta cheese and egg. Using Rotary Grater, grate Parmesan cheese into Batter Bowl. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Reserve 1 tablespoon. Add remaining 4 tablespoons parsley and black pepper to Batter Bowl; mix well and set aside. Slice green onions with Chef's Knife. Chop bell pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove pan from heat. Cut each shrimp crosswise in half. Coarsely flake crabmeat. Add seafood to vegetables. To assemble lasagna, spread 1/4 cup of the soup mixture over bottom of Rectangular Baker. Top with 3 noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with half of the vegetable seafood mixture and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta mixture, vegetable seafood mixture and mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining 3 noodles. Spread with remaining soup mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover Baker with Rectangular Lid/Bowl. Bake 35 minutes. Carefully remove Lid/Bowl, lifting away from you. Continue baking 10-15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with reserved parsley. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into squares; serve using Large Serving Spatula. Makes 12 servings.

no ideas huh? Maybe I'll just delete it from the file. I hate seafood anyway, so I can't make it and recommend it. ;)

I'd use foil, or a large bar pan as a lid.

That sounds yummy to a Florida girl. I'm saving this recipe. Thanks.​

That sounds delicious!

My first thought would be to size it so that I could make it in the DCB!

The Large Bar Pan does work as a lid for the Rectangular Baker. That was one of the tips that was passed along at meetings in my group when the Rect. Lid/Bowl was first discontinued. Which is handy when you want to make a full batch. But cutting the recipe down for the DCB would be good, too.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I'd be happy to help you find a substitute for the lid/bowl to the rectangular baker in this recipe for Seafood Lasagna. Foil can definitely work as a substitute, but if you want something more durable and reusable, I recommend using our Glass Lid for the Rectangular Baker. It fits perfectly and allows you to see the lasagna as it cooks. Another option would be to use our Stoneware Lid for the Rectangular Baker, which also fits well and helps to retain moisture while cooking. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist you further with your recipe updates. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of seafood for the seafood lasagna?

Yes, you can use any type of seafood for the lasagna, such as shrimp, scallops, crab, or lobster. You can also use a combination of different types of seafood for added flavor.

2. What type of lid or bowl should I use for the rectangular baker?

We recommend using the Pampered Chef Rectangular Baker with the Glass Lid for the best results. However, you can also use aluminum foil or a similar heat-safe cover if you do not have the lid.

3. Can I make the seafood lasagna in advance and store it in the refrigerator?

Yes, you can make the lasagna in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil before refrigerating.

4. How long do I bake the seafood lasagna in the rectangular baker?

The baking time may vary depending on your oven, but on average, the lasagna should bake for about 45-50 minutes at 375°F. Make sure to check for doneness by inserting a knife in the center and making sure the seafood is cooked through.

5. Can I freeze the seafood lasagna for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the lasagna before or after baking. If freezing before baking, make sure to thaw it completely before baking according to the instructions. If freezing after baking, let the lasagna cool down, then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and foil before freezing. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • teachernikol
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
teachernikol
Replies
Views
Staci