• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I remove orange stains from my rectangular baker?

S
sfdavis918
I made a lasagna in my rectangle baker and it the leftovers sat in the fridge longer than it should have. Now the sauce has left a bit of orange in the stone. Any idea on what to do to get rid of it? I'm soaking it right now to see if that helps.

TIA!

make a paste of baking soda and water. Let it stand 15 min., rub it into the stain in a circular motion.

Yep- if that doesn't work, it WILL wear off with use.

Do NOT use a green or blue scrubbie unless you want to have an orange AND blue or green stain. (No reason in particular that I would know that...:blushing: )

make a paste of baking soda and water. Let it stand 15 min., rub it into the stain in a circular motion. (peichef) has it right. This is what PC recommends. This also works for berry stains.

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your lasagna leftovers staining your rectangle baker. Soaking it is a good first step, but if that doesn't work, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste, then gently scrubbing the stained areas with a soft cloth or sponge. You can also try using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water to soak the stained areas for a few hours before scrubbing. Just be sure to rinse the baker thoroughly afterwards. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. What causes orange stains in a rectangular baker?

The most common cause of orange stains in a rectangular baker is from tomato-based sauces, such as those used in lasagna, that have been left in contact with the baker for an extended period of time.

2. How does soaking the baker help remove orange stains?

Soaking the baker allows the water to penetrate and loosen the stain, making it easier to scrub off. It also helps to soften any dried or hardened sauce residue, making it easier to remove.

3. What else can I do to remove orange stains from my rectangular baker?

In addition to soaking, you can also try scrubbing the stained area with a mixture of baking soda and water, or using a commercial stain remover specifically designed for stone or ceramic bakeware. Letting the solution sit for a few minutes before scrubbing can also help.

4. Can I use bleach to remove the stains?

No, it is not recommended to use bleach on stone or ceramic bakeware as it can damage the material and leave a strong chemical smell and taste in your food.

5. How can I prevent orange stains from forming in the first place?

To prevent orange stains, make sure to clean your rectangular baker immediately after use and avoid leaving acidic or staining foods in contact with the surface for extended periods of time. You can also line the baker with parchment paper or aluminum foil before cooking to create a barrier between the food and the surface of the baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• easytoprepare
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • casescafe
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • its_me_susan