• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangular Platter Marks: How to Remove Grey Lines on White Platters?

In summary, rectangular platter marks are intentional indentations or patterns on the surface of rectangular platters, made using a platter press. They add decorative and functional benefits, and can be used on different types of platters. To clean and maintain them, use warm soapy water and avoid harsh cleaners or scrubbers.
fallonp321
I just bought the Tiles Rectangular platter off of the outlet and the first time I used it (dumped a pineapple upside down cake from the DCB) there's little grey lines/marks that wont come off. They look similar to what happens in my sink when something rubs against the finish so I tried using a little bit of comet to get them off after I washed it and no luck. Has anyone had this happen to other white platters? Do you have an idea on how to get it off?

If you've used stainless steel utensils on it, it's probably from that. The PIG recommends using stainless steel cleaner to remove them.

I find that ZUD cleanser takes off those marks.

Thanks. I have some stainless cleanser on order so I'll try it out! =)

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Tiles Rectangular platter. I haven't personally experienced this with my white platters, but I have a few suggestions that might help. First, have you tried using a soft scrub or magic eraser? Sometimes those can be effective in removing stubborn marks. Another option is to mix equal parts baking soda and water to make a paste, and gently scrub the marks with a soft cloth. If those methods don't work, I would recommend contacting our customer service team for further assistance. They may have additional tips or be able to replace the platter for you. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. What are rectangular platter marks?

Rectangular platter marks are indentations or patterns that are intentionally created on the surface of rectangular platters to enhance their appearance and functionality. These marks can be in the form of lines, grids, or other designs, and they add texture and visual interest to the platter.

2. How are rectangular platter marks made?

Rectangular platter marks are typically made using a tool called a platter press. The platter press is a specialized kitchen tool that is used to create patterns or indentations on the surface of platters. It is usually made of food-grade materials, such as stainless steel, and comes in various designs and sizes to create different types of platter marks.

3. What are the benefits of using rectangular platter marks?

There are several benefits to using rectangular platter marks. Firstly, they add a decorative touch to the platter, making it more visually appealing. Secondly, they can help keep food in place and prevent it from sliding off the platter. Additionally, the marks can also serve as guidelines for cutting and portioning food, making it easier and more precise.

4. Can I use rectangular platter marks on any type of platter?

Rectangular platter marks are most commonly used on ceramic, porcelain, or glass platters, as these materials are easy to press and create clear marks. However, you can also use them on other materials, such as metal or plastic, as long as the surface is flat and smooth enough to create the desired pattern.

5. How do I clean and maintain my platter with rectangular platter marks?

To clean a platter with rectangular platter marks, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh scrubbers, as they can damage the marks. You can also use a platter brush or toothbrush to gently clean in between the marks. When storing the platter, make sure to place a soft cloth or paper towel in between each platter to prevent the marks from getting scratched or damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies