• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scratches on the Bottom of My 10" Executive Skillet

In summary, the scratches on the bottom of the pan may be from the stove. There is no need to send the pan back.
jrstephens
Is this suppose to happen? There are scratches on the bottom that I have just now noticed. I have had it since January. Is this suppose to happen? I assume not. What would cause this? I am trying to gather more info before I call HO. I hate to have to pay to send it back! I have already had to send one piece (the stockpot) back b/c the coating boiled off. UHH!

I would think not! I am thinking about returning my 10" saute pan because it too is scratched and I have NEVER used metal on it! Plus the non stick seems to be wearing off, I can't cook anything without it sticking! Any suggestions with that!?

Heather, I would defenitely call. Especially since yours is on the inside.

Mine is on the outside bottom, so, I kind of feel like they will tell me it is my stove doing it.

Jennifer-

Do your burners have kindof rough iron grates? I would think maybe it's from there... If not, perhaps you should send it back. I have a gas stove with grates...but mine are coated in a smooth shiny black finish (Porcelain?) so I haven't noticed any scratches on the bottom of my pans.

Did I hear somewhere you are not supposed to use nonstick spray on our pans? Lately that's what I have been using so it won't stick!

It's from your stove. There's no need to send it back. It's regular wear and tear.

KellyTheChef said:
Jennifer-

Do your burners have kindof rough iron grates? I would think maybe it's from there... If not, perhaps you should send it back. I have a gas stove with grates...but mine are coated in a smooth shiny black finish (Porcelain?) so I haven't noticed any scratches on the bottom of my pans.

I do have a gas stove. I would not say they are rough. When I run my hand across them I do not feel anything that should casue scratches.

I hate to take a pan to a show with scratches on it when we advertise it won't scratch!!!!

hmmmmmmmI hate to take a pan to a show with scratches on it when we advertise it won't scratch!!!![/QUOTE]

I do not remember ever seeing anything that says it won't scratch, I could be wrong though. :confused:

Related to Scratches on the Bottom of My 10" Executive Skillet

1. How can I prevent scratches on the bottom of my 10" Executive Skillet?

To prevent scratches on the bottom of your 10" Executive Skillet, we recommend using silicone or wooden utensils instead of metal ones. Also, avoid using abrasive cleaning tools and always hand wash the skillet instead of putting it in the dishwasher.

2. What should I do if my 10" Executive Skillet already has scratches on the bottom?

If your 10" Executive Skillet already has scratches on the bottom, we suggest using a non-abrasive cleaner specifically designed for non-stick surfaces. Gently scrub the scratches with a soft sponge or cloth and rinse thoroughly.

3. Will scratches on the bottom of my 10" Executive Skillet affect its performance?

No, minor scratches on the bottom of your 10" Executive Skillet should not affect its performance. However, if the scratches are deep and expose the metal, it may result in uneven heating and cooking. In this case, we recommend replacing the skillet.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my 10" Executive Skillet without worrying about scratches?

We do not recommend using metal utensils on your 10" Executive Skillet as it can cause scratches on the bottom and damage the non-stick coating. It is always best to use silicone or wooden utensils to protect the skillet's surface.

5. Is there a warranty for scratches on the bottom of my 10" Executive Skillet?

Scratches on the bottom of your 10" Executive Skillet are considered normal wear and tear and are not covered under our warranty. However, if the scratches affect the skillet's performance, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Chef Laurie