• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive 8 Qt Stockpot: Quality Concerns with Coating During Boiling Water Use

Mine is the actual coating or at least part of the pot coming off, it is a thick layer of what feels like the actual pot or something. It is not glue like.
jrstephens
When my husband was BOILING WATER this after the coating in the inside of the bottom came off! About half of it and the other half looks like it could at any minute. He called me at work to tell me the bad news. I looked at it when I got hom. This just makes no sense.

I have called HO and done an Adjustment. I will mail it back tomorrow.

I am just shocked that something this is suppose to be this high quality peeled while boiling water! I would hate for this to happen with a customer. And I have a very close friend thinking of purchasing the set and doing a show to get it half-price. She would be furious if this happen to her even with the adjustment!

I would say it is probably just that piece. I use my executive cookware everyday, and I haven't had any problems. Perhaps the coating had a bubble or something in it when it was applied. I can understand being conserned, but there is a ton of our cookware out there that is holding up great.

jrstephens said:
When my husband was BOILING WATER this after the coating in the inside of the bottom came off! About half of it and the other half looks like it could at any minute. He called me at work to tell me the bad news. I looked at it when I got hom. This just makes no sense.

Something like that happened to mine. We had a vegetable steamer on the inside for corn and it's like it burned the bottom and it's bubbling up. Will they replace it for this? We've only had them for a few months.

Sorry, off topic-kaceyleigh2- the picture of your little one in your avatar space is absolutely endearing!!! What a wonderful picture!! Everytime I see it, it makes me smile!

MGG said:
Sorry, off topic-kaceyleigh2- the picture of your little one in your avatar space is absolutely endearing!!! What a wonderful picture!! Everytime I see it, it makes me smile!

Aww, Thank you so much! He is going to be 1 tomorrow! A year went by so fast!

I've had this sort of thing happen to me...but I don't think it is the nonstick coating...seems I've read somewhere that it is normal.
I've had my Professional saucepan for about 5 years...and it happens when I boil something...
I'm pretty sure it's the steam or something from what is boiling.

I wish I could find where I read that, or who told it to me. But I'd ask home office about it...the test kitchens etc...they'd know.
I really don't think it's the nonstick coating itself. of course I haven't seen yours...
But if it's this thin see-through around the edge of the pan...sorta like dried glue that you put on something, dry, and peel off ... it's the same thing i've had...and I wouldn't worry about it.

Our cookware is wonderful...there's no doubt there!

kaceyleigh2 said:
Something like that happened to mine. We had a vegetable steamer on the inside for corn and it's like it burned the bottom and it's bubbling up. Will they replace it for this? We've only had them for a few months.

Call and have them replace it. It has a lifetime guarantee, so, I would definitely be calling. I am one of those who wants a replacement if there is the slightest thing wrong. Especaially when I fork out a lot of money for it.

Mine is the actual coating or at least part of the pot coming off, it is a thick layer of what feels like the actual pot or something. It is not glue like.

Even is I had a dried glue-like substance I would want it replaced. When I pay this much money for something, I expect it not to have anything wrong. Especially when I may be taking it to shows to try to sale.

1. What is the size of the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot?

The Executive 8 Qt Stockpot has a capacity of 8 quarts, making it the perfect size for cooking large batches of soup, stew, or chili.

2. Is the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning after use. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the pot.

3. Can the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot be used on all stovetop types?

Yes, the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot is compatible with all stovetop types, including gas, electric, and induction. It can also be used in the oven up to 450°F.

4. Does the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot come with a lid?

Yes, the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot comes with a tempered glass lid that fits securely and allows you to monitor your food while it cooks.

5. What is the warranty for the Executive 8 Qt Stockpot?

The Executive 8 Qt Stockpot comes with a limited lifetime warranty, guaranteeing the pot to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal household use for the lifetime of the original purchaser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
smarteez2
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • KellyTheChef