• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Time and Money on Recipes with Grocery Store Shopping

In summary, Sherrie created a recipe sheet that has checkboxes for items like drinks, forks/spoons, paper goods, different ingredients, and more. She plans to create this sheet and post it online so that hosts can have a list of what they need to provide for a meal.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Hi all,
I was chatting with my Hosp. Dir. Yesterday about recipes and we came up with the idea that if you offer a variety of recipes on a sheet as I do you could also put on there the aproximate cost. So I have been on my local grocery store website this am and punching in the recipe ingredients a host would need to buy and it's great. I am printing it off for my records and I can even tell my hosts exactly what I bought.

I think this will be really great! I had a host the other night who specifically said her ing.for the Panini bar we planned Were a bit spendy (although she and her family would eat any leftovers no problem) Well she bought the most expensive deli stuff for everything.

Have a great day all!

What a great idea, I know that the Mandarin Pasta Salad is a bit pricey and it would be nice to have a variety of $$ amounts for hosts to choose from.

Thanks!!

This is a wonderful idea, thanks so much for sharing.

etteluap70PC said:
Hi all,
I was chatting with my Hosp. Dir. Yesterday about recipes and we came up with the idea that if you offer a variety of recipes on a sheet as I do you could also put on there the aproximate cost. So I have been on my local grocery store website this am and punching in the recipe ingredients a host would need to buy and it's great. I am printing it off for my records and I can even tell my hosts exactly what I bought.

I think this will be really great! I had a host the other night who specifically said her ing.for the Panini bar we planned Were a bit spendy (although she and her family would eat any leftovers no problem) Well she bought the most expensive deli stuff for everything.

Have a great day all!

What a great idea! Can you post a sampling of what your sheet looks like?

Thanks!

I'd love to see your recipe sheet.....and anybody else who has one prepared for the fall season.

thanks!
Melinda

Here's mine that I'm using at the moment! I may change it up in October...not sure.

Attachments

• Fall-Winter 2006 Recipe Selections from Beth.doc
    28 KB · Views: 621
Great job! Do you always supply the paper goods?

spoiledchef said:
Here's mine that I'm using at the moment! I may change it up in October...not sure.

That was great, Beth. Thanks for sharing. Very creative! If you do a different one for October would you mind sharing. It's nice to have these ideas. :)

Thanks for sharing Sherrie

Yes, if I offer a different for October, I'll share. And -- yes, I ALWAYS provide the paper products. I figure it's a tax write-off for me, so why not?!!? I typically buy the larger quantities and keep it on hand.

And -- Beth is my ED who created it...I'm Sherrie :)

Great Job Sherry, Though I do it a little differnt, I jsut buy the ingridence and write it off at tax time!! Much easier that way then having to deal with the remburisment for food. But that might not work for everyone!!

Could you post the website you used?

Okay, some of you had asked if I'd share my October Menu Selections if I changed it up, so here it is. Enjoy and hope it helps!
Sherrie

Attachments

• dine out at home F&W 06.doc
    29 KB · Views: 342
Thanks Sherrie for the revision. I am trying this out starting with my October pkts.

That IS a GREAT idea!

That is a really cool idea..... for hostess

I was thinking about making something like this too. I wanted to have a sheet with check boxes on it with items like drinks, forks/spoons, paper goods, different ingredients, yada yada so that it spells out exactly what they host needs to provide, and what I provide. This is inspired by a ditzy host that didn't supply anything but plates, which was the one thing I told her I would provide. We ate our Mom's Apple Crisp with spoons (not so easy) and didn't have napkins or a drink! I did my host coaching and spelled out what she needed to get, but it went in one ear and out the other obviously!

gilliandanielle said:
I was thinking about making something like this too. I wanted to have a sheet with check boxes on it with items like drinks, forks/spoons, paper goods, different ingredients, yada yada so that it spells out exactly what they host needs to provide, and what I provide.

GREAT!! As soon as you create it we will copy it LOL!! That really is a good idea Gillian...

I will get right on that! I'll MAYBE do it this afternoon, but we shall see!

Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• HostDayChecklist.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 540
oh! I love this! Thanks for sharing it!

Melinda

Here is what I made- it is exactly what I need, so feel free to change it to fit your business. I wanted something that I could tailor to each show so they don't buy unnessesary items, but have everything that I need. I hope you guys like it!

Attachments

• Show Checklist.doc
    32 KB · Views: 344

What are some tips for saving time and money when grocery shopping for recipes?

1. Make a list: Before heading to the grocery store, create a list of all the necessary ingredients for your chosen recipes. This will help you avoid purchasing unnecessary items and save time wandering the aisles.

2. Shop sales and use coupons: Keep an eye out for sales and use coupons for items that are on your list. This will help you save money and stick to your budget.

3. Buy in bulk: Consider purchasing ingredients in bulk, especially items that you use frequently. This can save you money in the long run and you won't have to make as many trips to the store.

4. Plan meals around sale items: Take advantage of sales by planning your meals around the items that are on sale. This will not only save you money, but also time trying to come up with recipe ideas.

5. Use frozen or canned ingredients: Don't be afraid to use frozen or canned ingredients in your recipes. They are typically more affordable and can save you time by not having to chop and prep fresh ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jenni
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • melodyprine