• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Take to My Annual Christmas Party?

In summary, the speaker is struggling to decide what to bring to their annual Christmas party at work. Despite having bought groceries, they realize they are missing some necessary ingredients and their boyfriend has offered to go to the store. However, the roads are icy and they are hesitant to send him out. The speaker has searched for recipes but hasn't found anything that stands out. They mention wanting to make something with chocolate cake or brownies and pie filling, but they don't have all the necessary ingredients. They consider making a microwave cake, but don't have the proper pan. Another suggestion is to make brownie truffle cups, which only take a few minutes to mix up and can be made with simple ingredients like chocolate morsels, butter
candiejayne
So, I have my annual christmas party for work tomorrow. it's 830 pm and I can not decide what i want to take. nothing sounds good.

Although I bought groceries yesterday, i'm finding that I do not have everything I need. My BF has offered to run to the grocery store if need be, but the roads are ice, and he would have to drive over the bridge to get anything, and the bridge is horrendous in weather like this.

It seems like I have everything but one ingredient for everything I want to make. Or I don't have enough of something and have everything else.

I've searched recipes on here, on CC and on recipezaar, I'm at a loss. I'm almost thinking of taking nothing. I'm the organizer of the party, and now that I'm with PC they are expecting something great from me.

I just feel like I want to go to bed and forget everything.

Any suggestions would be great, I know this will be hard without knowing everything I have in the kitchen, but anything you can offer would be awesome.

I was hoping to do something with chocolate cake or brownies and pie filling. I've found recipes, but I either need 2 cans of pie filling and I have one, or it needs cool whip and I just threw away a bowl that expired a year ago!

Re: recipesDo you have the fluted pan? You could make a microwave cake. Depending on your pie filling, add three eggs and then mix in your cake mix. Microwave for 12 minutes, let rest for 10. Loosen sides and flip out.

Re: recipes:( nope no pan....

I have to leave for work in an hour, I still have not showered or done anything to get myself ready, and I still have nothing.

Is condensed milk and sweetened condensed milk the same thing? Its for a quick fudge!

Re: recipes
candiejayne said:
Is condensed milk and sweetened condensed milk the same thing? Its for a quick fudge!

No it's not.

Re: recipesBrownie truffle cups - so good, and so yummy, and very quick. If you don't have the cream for the gancahe, you can at a pinch use evap milk (just use a bit less) or stick a kiss/hug/mini PB cup/other candy in the top if you don't want to make the ganache.

It is really so quick you might even be able to pull it off before work...

Re: recipesHere it is... takes about 3 mins to mix up and then 10mins to bake while you're in the shower... Don't worry about the garnish. Use the small cookie scoop instead of teaspoons to scoop it into the pan, it is so fast!

The Pampered Chef ®
Truffle Brownie Cups

Nonstick cooking spray with flour (see Cook's Tip)
1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
2 tbsp butter (do not substitute margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Assorted garnishes such as orange zest, maraschino cherries, toasted sliced almonds and whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 2/3 cup of the chocolate morsels and butter into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Add sugar and egg to batter bowl; mix until blended using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Add flour; mix just until flour is incorporated. Using two teaspoons, divide batter evenly among wells, filling wells about two-thirds full. Using Mini-Tart Shaper, gently tap batter to create level tops. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. (Do not overbake.)

Meanwhile, pour cream into Easy Read Measuring Cup; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot. Pour cream into clean batter bowl with remaining 1 cup chocolate morsels; whisk until smooth with Stainless Whisk. Place batter bowl into freezer 10-12 minutes or until mixture is cool and starting to thicken, stirring after each 5-minute interval. Spoon ganache into resealable plastic bag.

Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 2 minutes. Press tops of brownies with Mini-Tart Shaper to make indentations. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove brownies from pan. Trim corner of bag using Utility Knife to allow ganache to flow through. Pipe ganache evenly into brownie cups. Garnish as desired.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 brownie cup): Calories 120, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 10 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: It's best to use a nonstick cooking spray containing flour when baking these brownie cups. In a pinch, brush wells with melted butter, then sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa using the Flour/Sugar Shaker. Tap out excess cocoa.

Re: recipesthank you i came across a microwave fudge recipe that called for milk chocolate chips and condensed milk, then i came across a recipe for semi sweet chips and sweetened condensed milk.

New recipes scare me, especially taking them to feed others, but i licked the spoon off and it was good so i have to assume that when it sets it will be good too!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Re: recipesyes, condensed milk and sweetened condensed milk are the same thing. It is not to be confused with evaporated milk.

I would use semi-sweet chips when combining with condensed milk, otherwise the fudge will taste too sugary.

Related to What to Take to My Annual Christmas Party?

1. What are some easy appetizers I can bring to my annual Christmas party?

Some easy appetizer ideas include crostini with various toppings, a cheese and cracker platter, or vegetable and dip trays. You can also make mini versions of your favorite holiday dishes, such as mini quiches or meatballs.

2. I need to bring a dessert to my annual Christmas party, what do you recommend?

A festive and easy dessert idea is a trifle made with layers of cake, whipped cream, and fruit. You can also make holiday-themed cookies or cupcakes, or a classic dessert like apple crisp or pumpkin pie.

3. What is a good dish to bring if I have dietary restrictions?

If you have dietary restrictions, it's always considerate to bring a dish that you can eat and share with others. Some ideas include a gluten-free or dairy-free appetizer or dessert, or a vegetable dish that is suitable for your diet.

4. I want to impress my coworkers with my dish, what should I make?

A delicious and impressive dish to bring to a Christmas party is a charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, fruits, and nuts. Other ideas include homemade dips, stuffed mushrooms, or a gourmet cheese ball.

5. I don't have a lot of time to prepare, what can I bring that is quick and easy?

If you're short on time, you can always pick up some pre-made items from the store, such as a vegetable or fruit tray, pre-made appetizers, or a store-bought dessert. You can also make a simple dish, like a cheese and cracker platter, that requires minimal prep time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sboothpcchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered