• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Expenses: Hosting Packet Tips for Direct Sales

In summary, Amanda recommends mailing packets even if the person doesn't have a set date, provides instructions on how to order, and says that it is cheaper and less hassle to do so.
jesusluvsu2005
Okay, I just mailed out 3 host packets. It was right at $15. I'd prefer not to have that expense again. I know I should give the packets at the shows but what about people who aren't sure about the date or dates that are more than a month out? Is it rude of me to ask them if they could meet me out somewhere to pick up the host packet (only when the live in the same town)? Maybe meet them for a snack somewhere so we can go over the packet as well? What do you all do? I just don't want to be spending that much to mail things out. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Click N Ship online at usps.com in a flat rate envelope is only $4.75 and I don't have to leave my house. I give packets at shows even if they don't set a date because then I don't have to mail it later. Being out 3 catalogs costs me only $1.30 which is much cheaper than $4.75.

I definitely give them to people interested, even if they don't have a firm date booked. Maybe cut back on catalogs. But that way they can look over it all and get excited about all the free goodies they are going to get. On my first host coaching call, I go through it with them.

You're going to spend more than $5 in gas, a snack, and your time with each host if you meet them out somewhere. If it's someone you're going to see at church or school anyway, that's one thing. But I'd mail over an inperson meeting. Just save your receipts and write it off!

The price for me to send out a packet is about the same as a gallon of gas. I get 35 mpg so if it's going less than 16 or so miles, one way, I send it via mail. I also value my time and 5 minutes at the post office beats almost an hour I travel to and from most my hosts (and most are at least 20 miles out)... Do the math, figure out if it really would be cheaper. My last two host packets were for friends that I'd see at a discussion group we all belong to so I took them with and saved on postage, otherwise I would have mailed them as one is a 40 minute drive, one way and the other, nearly an hour out. Another idea is the 'if you're going that direction' thinking... pack in as many errands, including a host packet drop off... but make a special trip? Do the math, according to your vehicle's mpg and how much you'd spend in gas and time before you think it'd be cheaper to drive it, than mail it.

I agree that's an expense I do not need. A few things I will do---is have them on me at a show, or offer to drop it off (if I am in the area). Or suggest we meet for a cup of coffee to go over the packet. (Host coaching, and killing two birds with one stone, so to speak!)

What Debbie said! Except for the click and ship part - I live so close to the post office that it isn't out of my way - yet.

DebbieJ said:
Click N Ship online at usps.com in a flat rate envelope is only $4.75 and I don't have to leave my house.

I give packets at shows even if they don't set a date because then I don't have to mail it later. Being out 3 catalogs costs me only $1.30 which is much cheaper than $4.75.

I do this too. I know some don't send a packet til they have the address list - but I don't have too much of a problem getting the list, and it is much cheaper, and also less work, for me to do it this way. Plus, I get in a bit of host coaching right at the show this way too!

I mail bound printed matter and have for years and spend $1.92 for each packet.
I do email them their order form and menu choice list.

I give out host kits at the show. If they are waffling between two different months, I'll mail them their OOFs.

1. How can I save on expenses while hosting a direct sales party?

There are several ways to save on expenses while hosting a direct sales party. One tip is to choose a venue that is free or low-cost, such as a community center or a friend's house. You can also save on food costs by having a potluck or asking guests to bring a dish to share. Another idea is to use digital invitations instead of paper ones to save on printing and postage costs.

2. Should I offer discounts or incentives to my party guests?

Offering discounts or incentives to your party guests can be a great way to boost sales and make your party more attractive. However, make sure to factor in the cost of these discounts and incentives into your budget. You may also want to consider offering a hostess reward program, where the hostess receives discounts or free products based on the total sales from the party.

3. How can I effectively promote my direct sales party without spending a lot of money?

There are many low-cost ways to promote your direct sales party. Utilize social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to create event pages and share with your network. You can also print out flyers or business cards and distribute them in your local community. Don't forget to utilize word of mouth by asking your friends and family to spread the word about your party.

4. Are there any tools or resources that can help me keep track of my party expenses?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help you keep track of your party expenses. You can use budgeting apps or spreadsheets to track your expenses and stay within your budget. You can also ask your direct sales company for any expense tracking templates or tools they may have available.

5. Can I deduct any of my party expenses on my taxes?

As a direct sales consultant, you may be able to deduct some of your party expenses on your taxes. However, it's best to consult with a tax professional or do some research to determine which expenses are deductible and which are not. Saving receipts and keeping track of your expenses throughout the year can also make tax season easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jesusluvsu2005