• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Strategies for Providing Host Packets to Ensure Successful Shows

I have never had an issue with them sticking.At the show, I give them 3 cattys, the guest list from HO (the carbon copy one that you tear off the top portion to use as the address labels) a SASE and "host coach" them to 40 names, addresses AND phone numbers so I can use my Post Calls!!
babywings76
Gold Member
A lot of you are giving great responses to my other thread about sending invitations out yourself. Thanks! :)

To go along with that, here's another question: What do you give your future hosts when they agree to do a show? Do you give them a whole packet with catalogs and the specials right then so you don't have to mail it? Or do you give them an info sheet with how you run your shows? Do you tell them about the guest list right then and say you'll be e-mailing or calling for the list soon? Or do you have a form they fill out and mail to you?

Thanks in advance for all your ideas! :)

When they book at a show I give them my "starter packet" It has:
Show Time Planner
Guest List
SASE
Host Letter
Catalog with their name on it

As soon as I get the guest list, I send the host packet with the specials, outside order forms, catalogs, etc.

wadesgirl...I like your idea.

I must have the date booked. Then I either give them or mail them out a packet.

pampered.chris said:
wadesgirl...I like your idea.

I must have the date booked. Then I either give them or mail them out a packet.

When I started sending the invites, I started doing it this way. I do have to mail the host packet 90% of the time but that doesn't bother me because I was spending more time and money trying to have certain month's host packets ready for each show and then only to throw away a lot of paper. I have the starter packs ready at all times and then start working on the host packets when I know how many shows I have that month.

I book about 90% of my shows at the show. I'm pretty good at getting at least a month for their show, and usually the specific date. I give my hosts their host packet at the show. It costs me about $1.50 to make up a host packet, but it would cost me $4.80 (priority) to mail it to them. So I figure I would rather be out the $1.50. If I mailed a host packet to 8-10 people a month, that would get to be a bigger expense than I am willing to incur. But - I get very few cancellations - some reschedules - but then, all I have to send is a new host/guest special flyer. I use generic OOF, so that doesn't change.

At the show, I give them 3 cattys, the guest list from HO (the carbon copy one that you tear off the top portion to use as the address labels) a SASE and "host coach" them to 40 names, addresses AND phone numbers so I can use my Post Calls!!

Once I get their guest list, the date is theirs...and I will mail them the host/guest specials/planner/OOF's

The cattys are what weigh the most, so I would rather hand those to them right then and there so I am not paying postage on them!

KellyTheChef said:
At the show, I give them 3 cattys, the guest list from HO (the carbon copy one that you tear off the top portion to use as the address labels) a SASE and "host coach" them to 40 names, addresses AND phone numbers so I can use my Post Calls!!

Once I get their guest list, the date is theirs...and I will mail them the host/guest specials/planner/OOF's

The cattys are what weigh the most, so I would rather hand those to them right then and there so I am not paying postage on them!

Are the address labels self-adhesive or how do you affix them to the envelope? Is this cheaper than getting something from Staples or OM?

KellyTheChef said:

Great idea on giving them the catalogs that day.

babywings76 said:
Are the address labels self-adhesive or how do you affix them to the envelope? Is this cheaper than getting something from Staples or OM?

You tear them apart (they are perferated) and then lick or use a damp sponge to activate the glue and stick on!

They are #EF40 on the supply order...15 of them for $2.50 Each page has spaces for 22? (I think...don't want to go look) names/addresses/phone numbers. I give them two pages since I want 40+ names!

I like this way, cuz then I am not hand re-writing names and addresses...or inputting them into my computer to print off labels. Saves me TIME!!

HTH

When someone books from a show I give them an envelope with:
1. Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
2. Blank Guest List
3. 40 Guests In 4 Minutes Flyer
4. Thanks for hosting - host benefits flyer
5. A "Tired of Takeout" Magnet w/ My information

When I get a date on the calendar and my host sends me the guest list, I will mail out the host packet with host and guest specials, Your Life Your Way brochure, Host letter, Catalog w/ the host's name on it, Extra catalogs, Instructions on how to take outside orders, theme shows flyer and a host bingo sheet. I call the host in a few days to explain it all.

These are all great ideas!! Thanks so much.

KellyTheChef said:
You tear them apart (they are perferated) and then lick or use a damp sponge to activate the glue and stick on!

They are #EF40 on the supply order...15 of them for $2.50 Each page has spaces for 22? (I think...don't want to go look) names/addresses/phone numbers. I give them two pages since I want 40+ names!

I like this way, cuz then I am not hand re-writing names and addresses...or inputting them into my computer to print off labels. Saves me TIME!!

HTH

Thanks Kelly! That helps a lot! I like this idea and will try ordering them soon! :)

Hey I have a question....how many catty's do you usually send?

bsaxman said:
When someone books from a show I give them an envelope with:
1. Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
2. Blank Guest List
3. 40 Guests In 4 Minutes Flyer
4. Thanks for hosting - host benefits flyer
5. A "Tired of Takeout" Magnet w/ My information

When I get a date on the calendar and my host sends me the guest list, I will mail out the host packet with host and guest specials, Your Life Your Way brochure, Host letter, Catalog w/ the host's name on it, Extra catalogs, Instructions on how to take outside orders, theme shows flyer and a host bingo sheet. I call the host in a few days to explain it all.

Do you have the "tired of takeout" magnet info on a file to share?

Kathie's Kitchen said:
Hey I have a question....how many catty's do you usually send?

I usually include 4-5 for a Cooking Show, 8-10 for a Catalog Show. I want to make sure they don't feel like they have to hoard the catalog. I know there are other schools of thought on this, though.

I've started doing 4 catalogs, 3 on one side of the folder with the OOFs and 1 behind all the specials, planner, who to invite, recruiting info that has Host Copy written on the cover in sharpie. In that copy I put the gotta have it post its from Merrill. If they book at the show I give them the host packet then, otherwise I mail it.

My method is a little different. I do my Host Coaching in person, usually over coffee. I love the relationships aspect of the business. I also like high sales for my host and this approach works for me.

I give one catalog when they book (if at a show). I give the host packet when we meet about 3-4 weeks before party. This takes 20 minutes to an hour depending on the dynamics. The return is almost 0 cancellations after coaching and a partnership for a successful show. I also offer all my hosts the opportunity to have a $1000 show (I average 1-2 a month).

My Host Packet is a bright yellow pocket folder w/a Pampered Chef sticker. The obnoxious color is intentional: it's a great visual reminder for hosts and generates conversation when someone walks in her office or sees it in her purse. Packet consists of:
Front pocket: Show planner, Catalog w/her name on it & website access code, Come Join Us Booklet w/host kit credit coupon sticking out of it, Season's Best, personalized calendar magnet w/my info (from Vista).
Back pocket: 5 outside order forms, envelope for orders & money, 3-5 catalogs.
In Document Protectors: Host Letter, Benefits Flyer, flyer with current month specials, outside order form, flyer with upcoming specials, 5 aprons flyer.

I don't ask for their guest list or mail invitations. Have not yet had a need to. (Am thinking about offering to mail their invites as an additional service.)

Coaching in person has another benefit (IMHO). It starts the relationship that can lead to a successful team member. (Over 70% of consultants are former hosts.)

Disclaimer: Lots of successful folks, don't host coach in person. I am lousy at doing it over the phone. Do what you're most comfortable with!:chef:

1. When should I give the host packet to my host?

The host packet should be given to your host as soon as they book a party with you. This will give them plenty of time to review the materials and invite their guests.

2. What is included in the host packet?

The host packet typically includes a catalog, order forms, invitations, and any special offers or incentives for the host. It may also include a welcome letter and information about the party planning process.

3. Can the host packet be customized?

Yes, the host packet can be customized to fit the specific needs of your host and their party. You can add or remove certain materials, or even include personalized items such as a handwritten note or recipe cards.

4. How should I deliver the host packet?

You can deliver the host packet in person, through the mail, or via email. It is important to discuss the best method with your host to ensure they receive the materials in a timely and convenient manner.

5. Can I provide additional support or assistance with the host packet?

Absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is your job to support your host in any way possible. You can offer to answer any questions they may have about the materials, provide suggestions on how to use them effectively, and offer to help with any additional party planning tasks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vhadley
  • jesusluvsu2005