• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad Prep Tools & Kitchen Shears: Worth the Investment?

In summary, the salad chopper is a great tool that can be used to chop up vegetables and chicken for casseroles or salads. It is sharp and very durable. It also has a lifetime guarantee.
gratergirl
Anyone use one of these yet? They look interesting. I eat a lot fo salads and think this could save some time. I also like the looks of those new kitchn shears!

I LOVE the new salad choppers. My 4yr old loves to eat salad but the pieces of lettuce out of the bad are always to big so I chopped them up using these and she loved it. I think they would also work nicely for cutting up chicken breast for casseroles or salad.

So they are pretty sharp then. Sharp enough to cut up chicken, they gotta be! Are they pretty much as durable as the kitchen shears? Or better???

grapesI used mine this morning to cut up grapes for my baby. He's at the point where he won't eat jarred food and I'm running out of ideas. He is 9 months old and has 6 teeth. It was so cool! I will definately sell a lot of these. It is a great tool!

Wow Michelle! You've signed 7 new consultants in a year of working with the Pampered Chef? And 5 of them are already qualified and active? Congratulations! What is your secret?

BTW, thanks for the idea of using the salad chopper to cut of foods for your baby. My son is 5 months old and I will remember that idea when the time comes. :)

I think it's great to mention that (about grapes) to people that have babies at home. I always try to look for reasons that everyone NEEDS the products.

They are definitely sharp and very cool.

Oops!I guess my signature isn't clear. I actually have 3 qualified and I'm waiting for 2 more to qualify so I can promote. I don't really have a secret. I just ask everyone in a friendly non-pushy way. I've learned that with enough nos, you get some yeses.

I also use a few techniques I learned while listening to the exec calls- 1. the timer game- I set the timer for 3 min. the guests pass around a prize (I've been using the retired cake tester- I bought a ton of them) so they can "test" out the business. They can ask me any question, not product related. When they are asking the question they hold the prize. Who ever has the prize when the timer goes off, gets to keep it.
2. I do a comercial- I tell the guests I will be doing 2 comercials during the show and I make them silly and cheesy so I can advertise the business without sounding pushy. My fear is sounding pushy. I know I would turned off if someone gave me a bunch of lines like an infomercial.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. I actually recruited 9 people my first year, but 2 were kit nappers. It's hard to get them qualified though!

I'm going to fix my signature line now to make it more clear.:)

I hope this helps

The grapes don't pop out when you go to cut them?

grapesNo, They didn't pop out. It was sooooooo cool!!!!! I put them in a bowl and cut them up with the salad chopper. I so amazed. I think we will be able to sell a ton of these. I wan't so sure about it until I played with it. I bet they will chop cherry tomatoes and other hard to cut items.

Well that is fantastic! Sounds like you have a knack for recruiting. I'm trying to step mine up this year so I can go on the cruise.

Cherry tomatoes...another great idea!

I used it yesterday to chop up salad ingredients and today to make chicken salad. It worked GREAT! ...but I could have done the same thing in no more time with the Food Chopper. Time will tell.

I love that it has a LIFETIME guarantee!

Well that is good to know that it does a lot that the Chopper does. DH hates the noise of the chopper! I may have to get this as a sample now :)

He doesn't like the fwoompa! fwoompa! fwoompa!? (That's what my son calls the chopper, because he says that's the sound it makes.)Actually, it can be a bit noisy. I'm just excited about the ease of use for small batches of salsa and such.

Yes, my DH works night shifts and hates when I'm making dinner (he lays down then) and if I'm chopping......he's stomping to let me know that he hears the chopper!! He'll love the salad chopper then!!!!! Maybe I'll buy it for his birthday! :)

1. What makes salad prep tools and kitchen shears a worthwhile investment?

Salad prep tools and kitchen shears save time and effort in preparing salads and other dishes. They can easily chop and slice through ingredients, making meal prep faster and more efficient. They also offer versatility in the kitchen, with different blades and attachments for various food types.

2. Are the salad prep tools and kitchen shears durable?

Yes, the salad prep tools and kitchen shears from Pampered Chef are made with high-quality materials that are built to last. They are designed to withstand regular use in the kitchen and maintain their sharpness over time. Plus, they come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can trust in their durability.

3. Can these tools be used for more than just salads?

Absolutely! While these tools are perfect for prepping salads, they can also be used for a variety of other dishes. The kitchen shears are great for cutting herbs, trimming meat, or even opening packages. The salad prep tools can also be used for slicing fruits and vegetables for snacks or side dishes.

4. Do the salad prep tools and kitchen shears require special care?

Like any kitchen tool, it is important to properly care for your salad prep tools and kitchen shears to ensure their longevity. We recommend hand washing them with warm, soapy water and drying them immediately after use. Avoid using harsh abrasives or putting them in the dishwasher, as this can damage the blades.

5. Can I purchase replacement blades or attachments for these tools?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers replacement blades and attachments for our salad prep tools and kitchen shears. This allows you to continue using your favorite tools even if a blade becomes dull or an attachment is lost. Simply visit our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant to order replacements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nynaeve
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • cpaylor
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cpaylor
Replies