• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad Chopper - Pass Around Salsa

In summary, the salad chopper is good for chopping up all kinds of ingredients for salads and other dishes.
jrstephens
Do y'all put all the ingredients in the bowl? Do you juice the lime before or after? I just got the Salad Choppers in this week and I want to do this at some upcoming shows.

An added idea for the salsa, or "brushetta" (we did fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, red onions & sesame seeds) is to layer it on a pizza with cheese....it was a huge hit at one of my shows, and everyone got to use the choppers! :)

jenniferknapp said:
An added idea for the salsa, or "brushetta" (we did fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, red onions & sesame seeds) is to layer it on a pizza with cheese....it was a huge hit at one of my shows, and everyone got to use the choppers! :)

So, you put the salsa on top of a pizza crust and then add cheese and bake. That's sounds fun!

I'm doing the salsa at a show this Saturday. Never done it befoe. Any tips?

Yep, we actually did it on grilled pizzas, but I bet it is just as good on regular pizzas in the oven! We made a few, and they actually preferred the one with some garlic infused canola oil brushed on the pizza, then a small layer of cheese, then the salsa, then another layer of cheese. Good luck :)

Just be careful....somtimes those little tomatoes squirt......across the room and onto your host's couch!

I have done this at several shows and have only sold 1 chopper. What I am I doing wrong?

I have done it since May and sell at least 1 pair per show!

PCSarahjm said:
I have done this at several shows and have only sold 1 chopper. What I am I doing wrong?

Are you doing it or are you passing it around and letting the guests do it? Also - as they are chopping, talk about all the other things you can chop with it (not just salsa).

And Jennifer - I put everything in the bowl except the lime and salt. When it makes it's way back to me - I give it a few extra chops if needed, then slice the lime w/ the utility knife, squeeze it w/ the citrus press, do a few shakes of salt, stir, and pour into a bowl.

Be sure to empahsize that the salad chopper is for all kinds of chopping, not just salsa. If someone hates fresh salsa, and you never mention it does other things, they might say "I don't need that". So...even though salsa is soooooooooo EZ to show right now, be sure to mention that it makes fast work of cooked chicken, potatoe salads, green salads, etc. I actually sell more when I toss in a peeled, whole onion. The fact that an onion, even a large sweet onion, can be cut in a bowl, with little handling, is a very powerful visual. :balloon:

I pass the bowl around with everything in it. I will have to start mentioning the other uses for the salad choppers.

It's also good when making strawberry shortcake.

Oh ya, and I use it to cut up my 20 month old's spaghetti in a hurry. Gotta love those tiny pieces!

I do it at every show that the host agrees but I do the mango salsa (someting different ;) ). People LOVE it!

I put all ingredients in and pass it as they do their intros.

BethCooks4U said:
I do it at every show that the host agrees but I do the mango salsa (someting different ;) ). People LOVE it!

I put all ingredients in and pass it as they do their intros.

That's good to know Beth - I have a show on the 18th where we are doing the 30 minute chicken - and then the Apple Berry Salsa. I'll use the choppers for that!

I also have been making the salsa recipe with the salad chopper at my shows since May, and I sell at least 2 pairs a show! Once they get it in their hands and play, people love it and have to have it!

Has anyone else had a problem with the red lock piece on the salad choppers falling in the way? Mine does it so much I can hardly use them. I don't know why. It drops down so you can't close the blades all the way. Guess I probably need to call HO

Shana, my Director had that problem with the first pair she got. HO exchanged them for her with no problem.

Anybody know if I can make salsa with the food chopper?

Do you mince the garlic with the press or chop it up with the SChoppers?

I use the garlic press.

any other uses/recipes for this?I have a customer who needs more ideas of what to do with this chopper. I told her she can use it to chop everything in a bowl, but she wants specifics. I recommended the salsa, salads, mixing tuna fish with mayo or hard boiled eggs with mayo for egg salad - but she wants more! She has teenagers at home, so wanted ideas to have them use it, too. Any other ideas?? TIA

PCwithStay-C said:
Anybody know if I can make salsa with the food chopper?

I would think you would have a huge mess with the tomatoes! Rather than chop the tomatoes with the chopper, use a knife!

I found this recipe in my PC file today while looking for something else. This would be a great Salad Chopper recipe.Chunky Artichoke Salsa1 jar (6.5 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
3 medium plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, snipped
salt and ground black pepper to taste
tortilla chipsDrain marinade from artichokes into Classic Batter Bowl. Using Food Chopper, chop artichokes, olives and red onion. Chop tomatoes using Utility Knife. Using Handy Scraper, palace vegetables into Batter Bowl. Press garlic into batter bowl using Garlic Press. Snip basil using Kitchen Shears and add to vegetable mixture; mix gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.

I made the salsa at home this weekend and it was very good. I had a regular tomato and I just cut it into 4 pieces. My husband had fun helping chop it! I had to add more ingredient b/c apparently my lime was to big and it had way too much lime taste in it. I think I may only use half a lime at a show.

I am going to do this at my show this week. I have almost all the ingredient fresh out of my garden or already on hand. I used parsley instead of cilantro b/c I already had that on hand, too.

I have 2 salad choppers and one has the red lock thing loose. I am going to get it returned thru home office. Since this is a lifetime warranty product, I am hoping they find a way to fix that.....

pcheflena said:
I have a customer who needs more ideas of what to do with this chopper. I told her she can use it to chop everything in a bowl, but she wants specifics. I recommended the salsa, salads, mixing tuna fish with mayo or hard boiled eggs with mayo for egg salad - but she wants more! She has teenagers at home, so wanted ideas to have them use it, too. Any other ideas?? TIA

I toss half a bag of baby carrots, a cuke I've cut into 3rds, a bag of salad and pass around in the trifle bowl or salad spinner bowl - tell them how I add a raw zucchini or yellow squash.... my kids are so excited about the chopped salad they never know what's in it. I also tell them how, while my dh is relaxing in front of the tube I ask HIM to chop it ~ guys like to use it and it's one more way to save ME time! lol.

You can use it for fruit salad, chicken salad, and more.

Ok- I just made up business cards at Vistaprint with the Artichoke Salsa (see above) on them. I haven't submitted the order yet. What do you think?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/BC1.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/BC2.jpg

I think those are VERY cute!!!:thumbup:

I did one with the Garlic Bites on it. I did not think to put it on the back though! I put it on the front and it is really too much on one side, but at least they were free and I will know better next time.

I'm going to pay the $12 for color printing on the back, but because I got a link for FREE premium cards, that's the only expense (and shipping). $12 isn't bad for 250 "recipe" cards. I might see how they look with greyscale on the back - that's half the price of color.

Ann - that is so cute - did you design that or is it one of their designs? I LOVE it!

That's one of their designs. I saw the artichoke on it and immediately thought of the Artichoke Salsa recipe. It'll make a great little hand-out. :)

The design is one of the Premium BC designs, in the Restaurant category.

I Love it!

Ann~

That card looks great! I love the idea of the recipe right on the back...you are sooooooooo smart!

The recipe tastes really good too!! I used to make it at my shows a few years back. Those cards are very cute Ann, great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Ruthie

Related to Salad Chopper - Pass Around Salsa

Do y'all put all the ingredients in the bowl?

Yes, for the Pass Around Salsa recipe, you will put all the ingredients in a large bowl before using the Salad Chopper to mix and chop them together.

Do you juice the lime before or after?

You will juice the lime before adding it to the bowl with the other ingredients. This will help evenly distribute the lime juice throughout the salsa.

I just got the Salad Choppers in this week and I want to do this at some upcoming shows.

That's great! The Pass Around Salsa is a perfect way to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Salad Chopper to your customers. Make sure to follow the recipe and have all the ingredients prepared beforehand to create a delicious and easy snack for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • BlessedWifeMommy