• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Track Your Small Donations with Round-Up From the Heart

the end. I found a big difference when I started to actually talk about the programs during the demo (warning them, so to say :D), and then asking about it at...the end.
RMDave
Gold Member
Sorry but I couldn't figure out where to post this question.

Is there somewhere/someplace/(somehow) where we can track submitted donations? Not the big donations but the 1-99 cent donations?

Yes. On P3 go to Reports. The drop-down menu has a Donations option.

With $200 in Round up donations before June 5th you will get a call from David Arquette!! LOL! How random?!! tee hee

Chef Kearns said:
With $200 in Round up donations before June 5th you will get a call from David Arquette!! LOL! How random?!! tee hee

I may have to round up my next supply order by $200 just to make sure I get a call! ;)

Not much of an incentive to raise the money....:rolleyes:

Good thing I already participate.

Cathy, I don't think the round-up from supply orders counts. Could be wrong, though.

It's such a silly incentive. I think more consultants would've pushed for it if there was a better incentive, like a new apron. :D

Well, there's also always a special gift a conference and the lanyards...who knows maybe there'll be another one as a surprise! :)

During the 60's Birdseye introduced a breakfast drink called "Awake!" They held a contest and the winners won a telephone call from Bette Davis. Bette Davis!!! I was one of the winners.I was told when the call would come ... and right on the dot the phone rang.Bette Davis: (via recorded message). "This is Bette Davis. I am so happy you won Birdseye's contest. I'll bet you enjoy drinking new Awake! as much as I do every morning."My new movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" will be playing in a movie theatre near you sometime in the near future. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it."Good-bye!"Yes, I can hardly wait for David Arquette's telephone call. Hardly wait. Hardly.

raebates said:
Yes. On P3 go to Reports. The drop-down menu has a Donations option.

Thanks, Rae!

RMDave said:
During the 60's Birdseye introduced a breakfast drink called "Awake!" They held a contest and the winners won a telephone call from Bette Davis. Bette Davis!!! I was one of the winners.

I was told when the call would come ... and right on the dot the phone rang.

Bette Davis: (via recorded message). "This is Bette Davis. I am so happy you won Birdseye's contest. I'll bet you enjoy drinking new Awake as much as I do every morning.

"My new movie "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" will be playing in a movie theatre near you sometime in the near future. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

"Good-bye!"

I'll bet that just MADE your day! :rolleyes: Sorry- I can do without the phone calls...and even a LIVE call from David Arquette, uh..no thanks. Matthew McConnaughey or Nathan Frillion...SURE Not sure what I'd SAY, but still....

Oh well.

What is the RUFTH donation period for the NC recognition? July to June?

esavvymom said:
I'll bet that just MADE your day! :rolleyes: Sorry- I can do without the phone calls...and even a LIVE call from David Arquette, uh..no thanks. Matthew McConnaughey or Nathan Frillion...SURE Not sure what I'd SAY, but still....

Oh well.

Heck, I'd take a recorded call from Matthew before I would take a live call from David Arquette!! Or even a live call from Matthew before I'd have lunch with David Arquette!! LOL.

esavvymom said:

Oh well.

I LOVE Nathan Frillion! He can call me any time!

hahaha. This thread really took a twist! ;)

I just ran the Donation Report in P3.... and the total was really disappointing. Just over $30.00 in my 3 months of being a constultant. :(

Does anyone know from when they start counting? The email just says by June 5th.

NooraK said:
Does anyone know from when they start counting? The email just says by June 5th.

On CC, it says :
You can help by raising $200 through trivet sales and “round-ups” between Sept. 1, 2009 and June 5, 2010.

(It's on the left-side when you get into CC.)

Ah, I didn't look hard enough.

vanscootin said:
I just ran the Donation Report in P3.... and the total was really disappointing. Just over $30.00 in my 3 months of being a constultant. :(

But, think about that. That's $10 a month in nickles, dimes, pennies, and quarters. That's actually not too bad as far as donations go.

Vanscootin, are you asking your customers to round up when totalling their orders? Are you mentioning the program during your demo?

I found a big difference when I started to actually talk about the programs during the demo (warning them, so to say :D), and then asking about it at checkout. I also ask "How much would you like to round up?" instead of asking if they would and just rounding up to the next dollar. A fellow consultant makes a point to tell his customers that the donation is fully tax deductible. He talks more about the program during the show than I do, so I'm sure that helps, but he said that at one of his shows a customer donated $100, because he had told all the guests that it was tax deductible.

NooraK said:
Vanscootin, are you asking your customers to round up when totalling their orders? Are you mentioning the program during your demo?

I found a big difference when I started to actually talk about the programs during the demo (warning them, so to say :D), and then asking about it at checkout. I also ask "How much would you like to round up?" instead of asking if they would and just rounding up to the next dollar. A fellow consultant makes a point to tell his customers that the donation is fully tax deductible. He talks more about the program during the show than I do, so I'm sure that helps, but he said that at one of his shows a customer donated $100, because he had told all the guests that it was tax deductible.
I totally agree. I talk about it during the show and then ask everyone. But I don't just ask them if they want to round up a dollar. I ask them how much they want to round up. Some say the nearest dollar, others will go to the next 5 and so on. I just checked and in the three years I've been in business my guests have donated just less than $700. Since Sept 1st it's just over $200! Total change in the last year after changing how I word it!

Few of my customers don't round up. When I tell them their total I say:Your total is $42.47, which is $43 if you want to round up.

I am completely un-motivated by this "promotion" (the phone call), but I do love all of your ideas on getting people to round up. To be honest, I did not even know about it until I saw that one of my customers at my first show had rounded up. I thought she just couldn't do math.:blushing:

grins88 said:
I am completely un-motivated by this "promotion" (the phone call), but I do love all of your ideas on getting people to round up. To be honest, I did not even know about it until I saw that one of my customers at my first show had rounded up. I thought she just couldn't do math.:blushing:

I don't even remember anything about a phone call. I just love what this service provides! I'm going to attack HWC this year as I do with RUFTH.

wadesgirl said:
I don't even remember anything about a phone call. I just love what this service provides! I'm going to attack HWC this year as I do with RUFTH.

Alison - it was a promotion announced yesterday. If you turn in $200 in RUFTH between now and June 5, you'll get a personal phone call from David Arquette.

David Who? Seems to be what most people are thinking...seriously. :rolleyes:

It sorta makes me want to turn in $199.99 - and quit there, so I don't have to endure an uncomfortable phone call with some quasi-celebrity.

Becky...there will be no enduring....it's not even a live call. It's a recorded call. I'm not trying to be cynical here, but couldn't they just give us a free trivet or something, or just have a recognition list. I think the call is a little crazy.

ChefBeckyD said:
Alison - it was a promotion announced yesterday. If you turn in $200 in RUFTH between now and June 5, you'll get a personal phone call from David Arquette.

David Who? Seems to be what most people are thinking...seriously. :rolleyes:

It sorta makes me want to turn in $199.99 - and quit there, so I don't have to endure an uncomfortable phone call with some quasi-celebrity.

Very interesting, guess I missed that but sometimes my emails from HO come in weird or hours late! I'm just going to continue with what I do and if I get some weird extra perk, good for me!

grins88 said:
Becky...there will be no enduring....it's not even a live call. It's a recorded call. I'm not trying to be cynical here, but couldn't they just give us a free trivet or something, or just have a recognition list. I think the call is a little crazy.

The trivet is already free to consultants, so that wouldn't be much...

Noora...I must have missed something (I am new, so forgive me), but how is the trivet free? I don't have one, but maybe I missed something.

I neither like nor dislike David Arquette, but give the guy a break! He's aligning himself with a very important charity, and it doesn't sound like he's doing it for the publicity (because it's not very "public" info, imo). Sounds like it's a cause he's passionate about and unless PC is paying him (can't picture that), it sounds like he's just doing a good thing. Maybe it's not a huge motivator for consultants, but I thought it was a cute little promotion nonetheless.

grins88 said:
Noora...I must have missed something (I am new, so forgive me), but how is the trivet free? I don't have one, but maybe I missed something.

You can order one free on a supply order. Everyone who attends conferences gets their free at conference.

grins88 said:

Each fall season, when the new trivet is introduced, each consultant can get one for free. If you attend conference, you will usually receive yours there, otherwise you can add it to your supply order. New consultants can also order their trivet. When you put in your next supply order in P3, just do a search for the trivet. I don't know what the code is.

The cool part is that HO still donates the $2 for each of the trivets the consultants get.

When you are searching the supply order for the code of the trivet, I usually click on the price column, that way it'll show all the free items at the top of the list. The trivet then shows up quickly with minimal searching. :)

Thanks! I totally did not know that...and I love the trivet! That is very exciting news.

Joy~You are right, and I am probably being way to cynical. I do think that it's great that David Arquette (or anyone for that matter) is passionate about this very worthy cause, and I never meant to sound like I wasn't impressed by that portion of it. My only point is that the promotion of a recorded phone call is not a huge motivator for me. I am however motivated by the cause/need that this charity represents. The phone call is not going to do anything to make me work any harder towards raising money, though. (And for what it's worth, I would not be motivated by a recorded phone call from anyone, celebrity or otherwise.)

Here's what's on Consultant's Corner regarding the donations:

We Can’t Get There Without You!

Our goal is to raise 10 million pounds of food in the 2010 Round-Up From the Heart® campaign. You can help by raising $200 through trivet sales and “round-ups” between Sept. 1, 2009 and June 5, 2010. When you do, you’ll receive a recorded congratulatory phone call from David Arquette!

David Arquette, best known as an actor and producer, is also well-known for his charity work as chairman of Feeding America’s Entertainment Council. David regularly volunteers at his local Feeding America® food bank in Venice, Calif.

So the dates to do the $200 in donations are 9/1/09-6/5/10 and it is a recorded call.

$200 is also the amount we need to raise to be recognized at conference.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
Here's what's on Consultant's Corner regarding the donations:

So the dates to do the $200 in donations are 9/1/09-6/5/10 and it is a recorded call.

$200 is also the amount we need to raise to be recognized at conference.
Already there! And I finally got the email in my inbox today even though it says yesterday at 3 p.m.!

I've been doing a bit of research (Because that's what I always seem to do.) on this subject.

David Arquette is a national spokesperson for Feeding America. Pampered Chef does NOT pay him a dime from what I know.

He is very passionate about this cause and has spoken publicly about it.
Many other celebrities are also passionate about this cause. If these people, who have busy lives trying to entertain you after your busy day, can take the time out to do this then we should also do as much as we possibly can to support the cause.

I want to direct everyone to this video. Please watch the entire thing. Yes, David Arquette is also in the video :)

YouTube - Celebrity Support Video for Feeding America

I LOVE the fact that our company helps people in this way!! I had only been rounding people up to the next dollar til National Conference where I heard, "you can round to the next dollar or more." That's made a HUGE difference in the amount of donations coming in. Some people will go from $61 to $65 or $88 to $100!! I give the background on the Feeding America partnership during my demo then at check out ask, "Would you like to make that $26 or $30 or more for the food bank?" Some people can only go up to the next dollar which is fine because every penny helps, but some people go well beyond what you'd expect!!

I LOVE THIS!! (the David Arquette call is a little hokie, but whatever)

Last edited:
David is so totally hokey but I totally agree that for a celebrity to even make the effort is awesome. Especially in a LOCAL, ON U.S. SOIL, REALLY OVERLOOKED THING, is great! I know the rest of the world is having issues but for someone with even a bit of a name to back a domestic issue is wonderful. So, yeah, he may not be George Clooney or Nathan Fillion but he still has a bit of a voice that can be heard. I would work toward that phone call just because I know it helps my neighbors and to know it is appreciated.

Chef Kearns said:
I LOVE the fact that our company helps people in this way!! I had only been rounding people up to the next dollar til National Conference where I heard, "you can round to the next dollar or more." That's made a HUGE difference in the amount of donations coming in. Some people will go from $61 to $65 or $88 to $100!! I give the background on the Feeding America partnership during my demo then at check out ask, "Would you like to make that $26 or $30 or more for the food bank?" Some people can only go up to the next dollar which is fine because every penny helps, but some people go well beyond what you'd expect!!

I LOVE THIS!! (the David Arquette call is a little hokie, but whatever)

How do you round up beyond the next dollar in P3??? I have had people who wanted to do that.

Also, is there a way to find out or track how much you have collected in donations for the Round Up campaign?

how do more than just round up to the next dollar??? I've had guests want to, but I didn't know how.

lorilynn95 said:
how do more than just round up to the next dollar??? I've had guests want to, but I didn't know how.
You have to manually enter the amount they want to round up ...So if her total is $48.65 but she wants to round-up to an even $50, you have to do the math. if you just click on the "round-up" box it rounds up to the nearest dollar (assuming you are using P3 at your show). You'll have to manually edit the number so instead of just $0.35, it's $1.35.

You just type in the amount without using that little check box. If you're shaky on the math, you can check the box to see the cents, and then un-check it and type in the whole amount.

There is a report in P3 for Charitable Donations to see where you stand.

NooraK said:
You just type in the amount without using that little check box. If you're shaky on the math, you can check the box to see the cents, and then un-check it and type in the whole amount.

There is a report in P3 for Charitable Donations to see where you stand.

I do that all the time to get make sure I get the correct total.

1. How do I sign up for Round-Up From the Heart?

To sign up for Round-Up From the Heart, simply visit our website and follow the instructions to create an account. Once your account is set up, you can start tracking your small donations through the Round-Up program.

2. Can I choose which charities my small donations go towards?

Yes, you can select from a list of participating charities to which your small donations will be rounded up and donated. You can also change your charity selection at any time.

3. How do I track my small donations?

Once you have signed up for Round-Up From the Heart, you can log in to your account and view a detailed breakdown of your small donations. This includes the total amount donated, the charities that have received your donations, and the dates of each transaction.

4. Are there any fees associated with Round-Up From the Heart?

No, there are no fees associated with Round-Up From the Heart. 100% of your small donations will go directly to the charities you have selected.

5. Can I opt out of Round-Up From the Heart at any time?

Yes, you can opt out of Round-Up From the Heart at any time by logging into your account and selecting the option to cancel the program. Your small donations will no longer be rounded up, but any donations that have already been made will still go to the designated charities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MeesMom3
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire