• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Round Up From The Heart: 18 Trivets Sold!

In summary, Beth has sold 18 trivets since they were released in September. She has also sold 14 trivets since they were released. She recommends promoting the trivets even if they are not the product of Second Harvest Food Bank. Norma has sold 10 trivets.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Just curious how many Round Up From The Heart trivets you all have sold...I know when we had the heart molds, I probably sold all of TWO over the years. But since we released the trivets back in what, September? I have already sold 18 of them!!! They are VERY popular around here!!

I've sold 14 of them since they have been released!!!!:D

I think these are SO much nicer than the old heart molds. Much more up to date and classy...not to mention they're helping my sales -- the molds didn't make a dent in my sales...

I've sold about 20 as well. MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer than the heart molds!

I Can't Wait To See The New One In The Fall!

I have sold alot at Christmas time one lady bought 11 for gifts . I did not really sell alot of the heart stoneware molds either . I really like the Trivets , you can use them for so much more .

I've sold 39 so far. I did pretty well with the stoneware ones too.

BethCooks4U said:
I've sold 39 so far. I did pretty well with the stoneware ones too.

Wow Beth!! That's fabulous!!!!

Do you guys actively talk about them at shows, or people just see them in the catty? I bring mine for display but don't talk about it, and I have never sold any...

I ALWAYS talk about them and pass them around so everyone can really see how nice they are. I talk a lot about the Second Harvest Food Bank and rounding up too. I am the PC rep for SHFB for my area and it is a passion of mine to help get food on everyone's table.

I would promote the trivets even if they weren't the SHFB product because I just love them!

Some people don't know what a trivet is so be sure to explain its use.

I talk about them at each show. In the beginning of my show, I go through my lapboard contents. I highlight the order form which has the RUFTH donation & then I say 'If you'll look at page 23 in the catalog, you'll see another way you can participate in the RUFTH program. This beautiful trivet (and I have it there for show) is only $12, with $2 going to America's 2nd Harvest'. I've sold 5 since Christmas.

I've sold 15!!

I bring it to every show & talk about the food banks & how many CHILDREN go to sleep every night HUNGRY....Once a month I cook for a soup kitchen through my church & they also get help from the food banks. I also tell my guests that by giving it as a gift they are double gifting....also for every 1.00 the food banks give back about 20 Lbs. of food! OH...I've sold 33...:D

I talk about it at the beginning of each show and I usually sell at least 1 or 2 at each show...

I also bought quite a few for teacher gifts and Christmas presents...

I have sold 10 of the trivets I believe I only sold a few of the stoneware molds

I've sold 13:) . Thanks for some great ideas to sell more!

Norma

I've sold 12. I LOVE them and I LOVE Crystal's idea of talking about them at the beginning with the order forms. I wish I had sold more! I better get on it!

As a side note, I've heard of other consultants who automatically round up the orders, and I've started to do that, too. When I give the talk, I make sure to say, "BE SURE TO LISTEN TO THIS!" and tell them that if they don't want to round up to cross off that line on their order form. I only have a few that don't round up. It always makes me laugh a little, though, when I get to the end and tell them, "your total is $48," and they're surprised. "Even? Wow!" Cracks me up that they pretend to pay attention to me and don't! Oh well!

speedychef said:
As a side note, I've heard of other consultants who automatically round up the orders, and I've started to do that, too. When I give the talk, I make sure to say, "BE SURE TO LISTEN TO THIS!" and tell them that if they don't want to round up to cross off that line on their order form. I only have a few that don't round up. It always makes me laugh a little, though, when I get to the end and tell them, "your total is $48," and they're surprised. "Even? Wow!" Cracks me up that they pretend to pay attention to me and don't! Oh well!

Yep, I automatically round everyone up. It works great.

DebbieJ said:

Really!?!!!! That is interesting....I guess I should try that! Have you had anyone get annoyed that you did it (even though you told them in the beginning and they weren't paying attention?)

Nope, no one is annoyed. This way it's one more question I don't have to ask at checkout. :) More time to get them to book and join me. :)

I automatically round up as well! Usually guests are happy to help. I do tell them that if they don't want to, just put a line in the space provided.

Hey Kristi, GO TO BED!!!! :)

You're funny! I am going but you're not slowing down!! My daughter is still awake (she took too long of a nap way too late!!) and she's telling me to go to bed as well!!;)

My consultant didn't answer....I told DH I'd see him at 10 p.m. I still have 3 minutes. :)

Alright, night!!!!:D No more posting Deb!!! Just kidding!!:p

I think we both racked up about 100 in the last hour. :)

Wait...isn't it 1:00 in the morning there? How old is your daughter???

Do any of you have scratches all over your trivet? I only used mine once and the top of the surface has scratches on it. They are very noticable so I Do not take it to shows. I don't know but I think my DH may have used it when I wasn't home with stoneware...and maybe slid the stoneware on it. Should I get a new one to take to shows? I just don't feel comfortable selling something that will scratch so easily. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I do think it is pretty though. (before scratches)

I've never had anyone upset. Sometimes they ask, "oh, it's even?" and I mention that I rounded up and they say something like, "oh, that's right, that's fine." I have had some who cross out the line. It seems that they either DO NOT want to donate or they don't care one way or another.

I will definately do that from now on! I always ask each customer, but it takes away time that I could be talking to them about other things! Thanks for the idea!

Everyone does their business the way that works for them - the beauty of this business - but I personally would never assume to spend someone else's money - even if it's just a few cents. I never round up for them but I always ask and I always say that it's totally up to them if they want to do it. After all many people donate in so many ways to so many things. But I do offer the opportunity. Often I get donations over $1 and sometimes even $5.

I do ask them, when I tell them that I will round up unless they tell me otherwise. I tell them to cross out the round up box on the bottom. I make a big point of telling everyone to pay close attention here. If they question it, I will gladly take it off.

I automatically round up as well. There is always one or two that wonder why it is even. I explain and most remember, but it scares me what else they are forgetting from my demo!!

I have sold 41 trivets! I talk about it and pass it around at every single show. It also makes me talk about the whole round up program so my donations have gone up. I think since last June I have raised just over $100 between the trivet sales and the rounding up.

Lisa

I talk about it and pass it around at every show - but I've only sold 8 so far.....however, when I think that is 8 more than I ever sold of the stoneware molds, I guess thats an 800% increase! I'm also at around $100 in donations between the trivet and rounding up orders....I want to go to the breakfast of caring this year!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I talk about it and pass it around at every show - but I've only sold 8 so far.....however, when I think that is 8 more than I ever sold of the stoneware molds, I guess thats an 800% increase! I'm also at around $100 in donations between the trivet and rounding up orders....I want to go to the breakfast of caring this year!!

I don't remember - how much was it for the Breakfast of Caring? I worked so hard to reach it last year and then the eggs they served us were like rubber - LOL It was still nice to be honored though :)

Last year it was $150 for either HWC or RUFTH (including molds).

chefann said:
Last year it was $150 for either HWC or RUFTH (including molds).

Anyone know when it started for a new year? I'm trying to figure out how much I have....TIA:D

Ginger428 said:
Anyone know when it started for a new year? I'm trying to figure out how much I have....TIA:D
It usually starts with the new season. So September 1. Of course HWC is May only.

I could be remembering wrong but I thought it was $100 in either HWC or Round-up OR $150 between the two for last year's breakfast. Whatever it is, you do get a nicer breakfast than the general one and Doris and the other top people are all there. Go for it! It is for a great cause after all.

Now I'm up to 46 trivets and counting!

DebbieJ said:

I went to a show and the consultant rounded up and I was upset. Just for the fact that she didn't tell us. I asked my Mother-in-law (the host), my Mother, and my sister if she told them about it. None of them remembered it either. I wasn't impressed with the consultant anyway... (of course, this was before I was one:rolleyes: ) so that may not have helped.... but still I think she should have mentioned it.

Oops--must be more clear. I automatically round up AFTER I tell them during the demo about the program, how much we've donated, and pass around the trivet. I don't do it without telling them.

BethCooks4U said:
It usually starts with the new season. So September 1. Of course HWC is May only.

I could be remembering wrong but I thought it was $100 in either HWC or Round-up OR $150 between the two for last year's breakfast. Whatever it is, you do get a nicer breakfast than the general one and Doris and the other top people are all there. Go for it! It is for a great cause after all.

Now I'm up to 46 trivets and counting!

Thanks again Beth, keep those Trivets selling!!!:D

dannyzmom said:
I don't remember - how much was it for the Breakfast of Caring? I worked so hard to reach it last year and then the eggs they served us were like rubber - LOL It was still nice to be honored though :)

Yeah, I was not impressed with the food. And Doris was not there. Just Jean Jonas, but she was a hoot as always. I did have fun meeting other consultants though, as I was the only one in my cluster that went so I sat with other people I didn't know.

I really loved attending the breakfast last year. The food was not awesome, but it was better than the general breakfast.

I just get so emotional about the HWC portion of it since my daughter's namesake (my Grandmother) died of cancer and so did my husband's father (years before I met my husband). Actually my husband was 14 when his dad died. I hate cancer and what it does to families, so any time I can help raise money to eliminate it, I am all ready to participate.

I think being invited to the Breakfast of Caring is one of the best honors we get because we are doing something wonderful for someone other than ourselves. I strongly encourage everyone to strive to reach it because of the meaning of it.

Thanks!
Lisa

ChefLisa said:
I really loved attending the breakfast last year. The food was not awesome, but it was better than the general breakfast.

I just get so emotional about the HWC portion of it since my daughter's namesake (my Grandmother) died of cancer and so did my husband's father (years before I met my husband). Actually my husband was 14 when his dad died. I hate cancer and what it does to families, so any time I can help raise money to eliminate it, I am all ready to participate.

I think being invited to the Breakfast of Caring is one of the best honors we get because we are doing something wonderful for someone other than ourselves. I strongly encourage everyone to strive to reach it because of the meaning of it.

Thanks!
Lisa

AMEN!!!:D :D

It is an HONOR to be invited to the Breakfast of Caring. Sure, everything won't be perfect at the breakfast. But if you are invited it means that you were among the select consultants who chose to spend some of your precious time in front of your guests talking about helping others.

The breakfast is a small reward for all that we do to help others but it is something to feel good about. Of all the awards that I receive at conference, the RUFTH and HWC pins are the ones I am most proud of. OF COURSE I am proud of my other accomplishments but those are the ones that show that I care about others.

About automatically rounding up: I am not judging those of you who do it but it is something I would never do. It is not my right to assume that a guest has the same passions that I do. I have found that by asking each person some will say "no, not today" and others will say "round it up to... (I have had up to $5 added)". Most people say "sure, it makes it easier to balance my account when the numbers are even". Last night I had a lady round up to the next even $5 (Her order was $82.50 and she rounded to $85). If I had auto-rounded the donation would have been $0.50.

I also disagree with a blanket announcement that "I round up unless you tell me not to". People do not hear everything you say (thus the comment "oh, it's even"). I have had plenty of people not have a clue about round up when I ask at checkout even with the emphasis I give it during the show.

JMHO Now don't attack me! I know we all do our business our own way. This is one thing that I have passion about and wanted to express my views.

I am with you Beth. I could never just round up without asking. That is just not my style.

I did try the "I will round up unless you mark through it", but I found that just did not work well for me. Too many people just did not hear me and there were always guests who did not hear it because they arrived late.

I talk about rounding up during my trivet talk, but then I ask every customer.

Lisa

Does anyone know about the scratches (I mentioned in a previous post on this thread)? Are they normal or did I ruin it and need to order a new one before I show it to customers?
Please!!!! I really would like to know.
TIA

<h2>1. How many Round Up From The Heart trivets have been sold so far?</h2><p>We have sold a total of 18 trivets since the release of the product in September.</p><h2>2. Are the Round Up From The Heart trivets popular among customers?</h2><p>Yes, they are very popular among our customers. We have received a lot of positive feedback and have seen a high demand for the product.</p><h2>3. How does the Round Up From The Heart trivet differ from the heart molds previously sold?</h2><p>The Round Up From The Heart trivet is made with a more durable material and has a larger size, making it more functional and long-lasting compared to the heart molds.</p><h2>4. Can the Round Up From The Heart trivet be used for other purposes besides serving as a trivet?</h2><p>Yes, the Round Up From The Heart trivet can also be used as a cutting board or as a decorative piece in the kitchen.</p><h2>5. Is the Round Up From The Heart trivet dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, the trivet is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain.</p>

1. How many Round Up From The Heart trivets have been sold so far?

We have sold a total of 18 trivets since the release of the product in September.

2. Are the Round Up From The Heart trivets popular among customers?

Yes, they are very popular among our customers. We have received a lot of positive feedback and have seen a high demand for the product.

3. How does the Round Up From The Heart trivet differ from the heart molds previously sold?

The Round Up From The Heart trivet is made with a more durable material and has a larger size, making it more functional and long-lasting compared to the heart molds.

4. Can the Round Up From The Heart trivet be used for other purposes besides serving as a trivet?

Yes, the Round Up From The Heart trivet can also be used as a cutting board or as a decorative piece in the kitchen.

5. Is the Round Up From The Heart trivet dishwasher safe?

Yes, the trivet is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RMDave
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
Replies