• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Room Temp & Ovens: Is it Safe to Put Frozen Food on a Stone?

In summary, the lady put a frozen item on the bar pan and then put it in the oven. The stone cracked. The stone wasn't frozen, just the food she put on the stone. There was probably a flaw in the stone. If her stone is still under warrantee, she can send a piece of it back with her receipt and they will send her a replacement. There is no need to send a large piece.
ashkay
I have a question about the stones. I have a lady who says she put a frozen item on the bar pan. Then she put it in the oven and the stone cracked. The stone wasn't frozen, just the food she put on the stone. Do you have to bring the item up to room temp before you put in the oven - even if the stone is at room temp? :confused:

No. There was probably a flaw in the stone. It rarely happens, but I have heard of it before. If her stone is still under warrantee, she can send a piece of it back with her receipt and they will send her a replacement. Tell her just to send a small piece. There is no need to send a large piece.

Shawnna

I agree, probably a flawed stone. I always make sure and warn my guests of severe temperature differences (ie: hot stone and frozen item). That can cause a stone to break. Another reason would be uneven temperature differences (ie: setting a stone w/ rack on stovetop burner, heating the rack and the rack heating the stone where the rack sits)... confusing, it looks like, but I hope you get my drift :)

What did she put on her stone?

If you are cooking convenience items like chicken nuggets or french fries, they can go right from the freezer to the stone and in the oven.

If you are cooking foods that are more dense like frozen chicken breasts or steaks, you need to thaw them before you put them on the stone and in the oven. That is too much of a temperature difference and you will likely break your stone.

I found in the Recipe for Success book, that situation is called "thermal shock" and that rarely happens but if it is within 3 years, PC will replace it! :)

Kristi

Thermal Shock...much better than my 5 minute rambling :)

I'd suggest not 'pre-heating' the oven. That way when you put "frozen" food on a "room temp." stone you aren't putting it into a "hot" over to cause the thermal shock. Yes, it will take longer to cook, but it gives everything a little more time to become the same temperature, cook evenly, and get your desired results. :eek:

Hi there! It's always best to follow the instructions on the product packaging for the best results. In general, it's recommended to bring frozen food to room temperature before placing it on a stone, especially if the stone is at room temperature. This helps prevent any sudden temperature changes that can cause the stone to crack. We also suggest preheating your oven with the stone inside, so that they both reach the desired temperature at the same time. This will help ensure even cooking and prevent any potential damage to the stone. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team. Happy cooking!

1. Can I put frozen food directly on my Pampered Chef stone?

Yes, it is safe to put frozen food directly on your Pampered Chef stone. Our stones are made with high-quality stoneware that can withstand extreme temperature changes without cracking or breaking.

2. How do I properly thaw frozen food before cooking it on my stone?

We recommend thawing your frozen food in the refrigerator before cooking it on your Pampered Chef stone. This ensures that the food thaws evenly and reduces the risk of bacteria growth.

3. Can I preheat my Pampered Chef stone before placing frozen food on it?

Yes, you can preheat your stone before placing frozen food on it. However, we recommend placing the stone in a cold oven and allowing it to preheat with the oven. This will prevent the stone from cracking due to sudden temperature changes.

4. How long should I cook frozen food on my Pampered Chef stone?

The cooking time for frozen food on a Pampered Chef stone may vary depending on the type of food and your oven's temperature. We recommend following the cooking instructions on the food packaging and checking for doneness regularly.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef stone in a microwave to cook frozen food?

No, we do not recommend using your Pampered Chef stone in a microwave to cook frozen food. Our stones are not designed for use in a microwave and may crack or break if exposed to direct heat from a microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • mirandalea