• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oven Safe Temp for Stoneware Bought at Bed Bath & Beyond

Apparently the stoneware is not very heat resistant and they have to be very careful when they are firing it to not overheat it.How many times do we have to tell these people that only PC products will do? :)That is so true Rae!
tinat51796
I know that if I look I'll find this information but I'm hoping to answer a coworker's question quickly. Our stoneware is oven safe to what temp? She's had two stones break that she (actually her husband) bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Her husband bakes pizzas on them and turns the oven as hot as it will go....will our stones stand up to that? Thanks!

I bake homemade pizza at 450f. I've baked our stoneware at 500, with no problem. I think you're fine at the highest baking temp in your oven. Just don't try it on broil.BTW, did you tell her that's what she gets for buying stoneware at BB&B?

raebates said:
I bake homemade pizza at 450f. I've baked our stoneware at 500, with no problem. I think you're fine at the highest baking temp in your oven. Just don't try it on broil.

BTW, did you tell her that's what she gets for buying stoneware at BB&B?

That's what I was thinking... Bed, Bath... and well the Beyond part reminds me of the movie Click... LOL.. not stoneware.

Our stones are fired at 2000 degrees, so they can take the heat. What she needs to be careful of is severe temperature changes.

Thanks! I knew I'd get answers here! She's actually doing a catalog show in December and was just trying to get by until then. Thanks for the help!

Your question reminded me of one I got at a recent show. The host asked me if silicone oven mitts are supposed to keep you from burning your hand. I assured her they were. She said she used a friend's and got burned. I told her I couldn't imagine that. I use mine all the time getting 450 degree stones out of my oven with no problem. That's when she mentioned that the one her friend has isn't PC. One of the guests said, "Well, that's your problem, right there!"How many times do we have to tell these people that only PC products will do? :)

That is so true Rae!

I had someone at a show a few weeks back who ranted about how terrible the chopper was - how hard it was to use, clean, etc........I finally got a word in and said I can't imagine it would be hard to clean - I just open mine up like this (took the chopper apart) and pop it in the dishwasher.
At that time, she looked pretty embarrassed :eek: and said "Oh - mine doesn't do that". I asked her if it was the PC chopper, and she said no, but she thought they were all the same......

She bought a chopper that night - and I didn't say another word about her rant.:D I think I'll call her this week and see how it's working for her!

I thought I remembered hearing that the stones could not be in the oven above 500 degrees, not that you'd need it to be hotter than that. This was quite a few years ago.

For some reason that information is out there in people's heads. It's not true of PC stoneware.

I was told that in a training back when I was selling Pampered Chef in the 90's.

I wonder why. As a customer I was never told that. I know that I've had ovens that didn't go above 500 except to broil. Of course, as you said, you're not going to need to bake anything higher than that.

JAE said:
I was told that in a training back when I was selling Pampered Chef in the 90's.

I remember that back in the early nineties too (from a customer standpoint).

The use and care does not give a temperature maximum but it does say to use the recipe temperature. I have never seen a recipe with a temp over 475 degrees so I don't see why you would ever go above 500. As was said, they are not tp be used under a broiler or on a direct heat source (like the stovetop or grill).

The stones are fired at very high temperatures but they are not made to be used at extreme temperature. It has something to do with the process when they are fired. - We have a large pottery area near by and I asked them about that just this summer.

1. What is the maximum temperature that stoneware bought at Bed Bath & Beyond can withstand in the oven?

The maximum temperature that stoneware bought at Bed Bath & Beyond can withstand in the oven is 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Can I use my stoneware from Bed Bath & Beyond in the broiler?

No, stoneware from Bed Bath & Beyond is not recommended for use in the broiler. It is best to use it in the oven only.

3. Do I need to preheat my stoneware before putting it in the oven?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your stoneware in the oven before adding food. This will help ensure even cooking and prevent cracking.

4. How do I clean my stoneware from Bed Bath & Beyond?

Stoneware from Bed Bath & Beyond can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stoneware.

5. Can I put my stoneware from Bed Bath & Beyond in the dishwasher?

No, stoneware from Bed Bath & Beyond is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash it to prevent any potential damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • missymssy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lisasfuncooking