• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Question From Customer

In summary, the customer likes the feel of the glazed better, but wasn't sure if maybe you couldn't get it as hot as the regular stone.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I just got the following question from a customer/friend of mine. Any help would be appreciated. I really don't know what to answer.

"Let me ask a question about the stoneware. Is there a disadvantage to having the glazed rather than the regular? I like the feel of the glazed better but I wasn't sure if maybe you couldn't get it as hot as the regular stone. I know with my mom's stone you could turn the oven on broil to brown the top of your food. "

I didn't think you could put any of our stone under the broiler...???

Stoneware is not warrantied to be put under a broiler - not even unglazed. She's just been lucky. If she wants to use the broiler she should use our SS cookware or sheet pans.

There is not advantage or disadvantage to glazed or unglazed. One is prettier than the other, but there is no difference in cooking that I have ever heard.

jrstephens said:
There is not advantage or disadvantage to glazed or unglazed. One is prettier than the other, but there is no difference in cooking that I have ever heard.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks ladies!

I have a customer who says she LOVES her rectangular baker for lasagna, but always takes it out and plates it up before serving (in other words...she doesn't take the stoneware to the table b/c it's so well seasoned that it's UGLY!!) I can't talk her into starting over with a glazed piece!
LOL!

Can you talk her into a woven selections thing to store it, or do we even have one it fits in?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Can you talk her into a woven selections thing to store it, or do we even have one it fits in?

Yes, the rectangle woven piece is still available (the one that fits the 9x13 baker) and that's a great solution for that customer! :thumbup:

I'll have to try that angle!
Thanks

I agree that she shouldn't be broiling anything on the stoneware.

And their is no difference in cooking ability between the glazed & the unglazed. The glazed is just more appealing to the eye when you set it on the dinner table. ;)

straitfan: I have to tell you that everytime I see your screen name I have to smile.It reminds me of when my son was little. His older brothers would tease him saying he was chubby. His answer was: "I'm not fat, I'm straight." and run his hand down his tummy to show them. :D

BethCooks4U said:
Yes, the rectangle woven piece is still available (the one that fits the 9x13 baker) and that's a great solution for that customer! :thumbup:

and if she IS an entertainer (which she must do sometimes if she is not wanting to show her "ugly" stone to guests)- you can point out the versatility of the Rectangle Woven piece for a serving tray- that's where it is in the catalog actually- in the Entertaining/Simple Additions section- not even WITH the stones!

I love mine. They are SO sturdy! You think they are going to be just a basket, but not these things! You could seriously injure someone if you hit them over the head with it. You see Teresa in the Cooking in Action DVD use it to put her catalogs in I think. (That's what I did.)

Oh...and one thought on the glazed vs unglazed.. I am able to clean up the outside of my glazed pieces so much better than the unglazed. With Unglazed- they are what they are and we call them 'seasoned'. :) With my glazed pieces, if there is grease or something dribbled, it doesn't stay for ever. I don't know if this is ADVISED or not, but I've even VERY LIGHTLY used a SOS pad on the glazed portion to get off a stubborn grease drip, and it came right off. (I stress VERY LIGHTLY and it was a last resort), but you can probably use anything similar but less abrasive.) So appearances are a bit easier to maintain on the surface of the glazed...but I don't care about my stones looking brown. Most people know what they are- or I use my woven baskets.

Maybee she is thinking like I was when PC first came out with it's glazed stones. I thought that it was counteracting all the good things about stones. When People realize it is just a coating arround the outside, not on the bottom or inside, they understand it is just for looks.

1. What is stoneware and how is it different from other types of bakeware?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature, making it strong, durable, and non-porous. It is different from other types of bakeware such as metal or glass because it distributes heat evenly and retains heat for a longer period of time, resulting in perfectly cooked food.

2. How do I season my stoneware before using it?

To season your stoneware, simply wash it with hot water and dry it thoroughly. Then, rub a small amount of cooking oil all over the surface and bake it in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes. This will create a natural non-stick surface and enhance the flavor of your food.

3. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to note that stoneware retains heat very well, so be cautious when handling it after microwaving and use oven mitts or a towel.

4. How do I clean my stoneware?

Cleaning stoneware is easy and simple. After use, allow it to cool down completely before washing it with hot water and a small amount of dish soap. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils, as they can damage the non-stick surface. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub them away.

5. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

We do not recommend putting your stoneware in the dishwasher as the harsh detergents and high heat can damage the surface and decrease its lifespan. It is best to hand wash your stoneware to ensure its longevity and optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KatieBeth
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lisasfuncooking