• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving My Love for Writing: Overcoming Journaling Hesitations

again, something I would like to talk about with someone who could offer constructive criticism and support.

Do you journal

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • What, I'm supposed to write?

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I used to journal every day as a young teenager. I love writing and it has always been a passion of mine. But my journals were violated in an attempt to "help" me as a teenager and I have barely wrote sense then. I have considered starting a journal again but have my hesitations. I just noticed this week that I haven't wrote much since that time. When I write a journal, I write everything in it. I'm still afraid of the violations again. These are my personal thoughts and feelings and I don't want anyone to read them. I have considered doing an electronic journal and keeping it locked on my computer but I love to write by hand so I would rather do it by paper.

I have one of each actually, an electronic journal on my PC and then a paper one. It really helps me work through thoughts and feelings I have.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I have one of each actually, an electronic journal on my PC and then a paper one. It really helps me work through thoughts and feelings I have.

I like that thought, never thought about doing a specific PC journal. When we were getting married I was a part of a forum that was all about weddings. I kept a journal there to help with issues with our wedding. It did help alot but wasn't about a lot of personal things.

I have tried to journal from time to time but have never lasted more than a week. I feel like I'm whining too much ad/or that I have nothing significant to write.

If I need to work something out, I need to talk with someone who can ask me questions or make comments to help me reflect and make progress.

susanr613 said:
I have tried to journal from time to time but have never lasted more than a week. I feel like I'm whining too much ad/or that I have nothing significant to write.

If I need to work something out, I need to talk with someone who can ask me questions or make comments to help me reflect and make progress.
I do also like to talk out my problems with other people but there are certain people in my life who are very judgmental and I have to watch what I talk to them about personally! Sometimes I just feel like I need to get things out and writing has always helped.

I wanted to journal as a teen but it would have been intercepted (no doubts there) so I didn't even start. I've wanted to do it and have even started several times but never keep it up for more than a couple of weeks.

I did journal a couple of times: when my son was born. He had problems and I wanted to remember details of that time later. All turned out well and he appreciated the information and insight later. I journaled during a few trying/difficult times. And then there was the time I was on my trip to France to visit a friend who is also an excellent cook - she can open an empty cupboard and come out with a gourmet meal. I knew I didn't want to trust memory to all the adventures and recipes of that trip!

I really should pick this up...

I am the type to talk it out. I tried doing the diary thing in Jr High. A girl on my bus got into my bag and decided to read it. I didn't know until I was fliping through to write in answers to questions, but found that some one ( I knew who :mad: ) had wrote in silly answers to what I considered my own serious personal questions. :eek: You know, like does that guy like me? What is her problem? :rolleyes: Any way, that is when I decided it was NOT for me. But, I never had a passion for it. IF I had enjoyed it, I supose I may have picked it back up.

I supose you might consider who you are afraid would violate your privacy. Then I guess take precautions to avoid the violation. Sounds so easy huh... Other than that, I supose you could make it known that these are your private thoughts and want them to stay that way. That is the best I come up with. HTH :chef:

I love the idea of journaling. I find it cathartic. I regularly start a journal of one kind or another. I'm just not good at keeping them going.As for privacy, mine was once violated as well when I was a young adult. It took a number of years for me to trust writing anything very personal. Only you can decide if it's worth the risk.

I love to journal, mostly so I can go back to read through them and see how far I've come. I'm not very good at sticking to it though, so my journals (all in composition books) are very sporatic.
When my husband first went on the road I wrote in my journal everynight. When he comes home one of the first things he wants to do is read through my journals. At first I was afraid this would be a problem for us, as I am very open in my entries. But his comment was that he wasn't a little boy and I could trust him with my inner soul, he wanted to know how he was doing as a husband. It has really helped us and our marriage, he has never used anything he reads against me, nor has he told anyone anything he has read. Of course he is an exceptional man and I am so blessed to have him.:love:
I wish he would journal so I could have more insight on him.

I have journeled throughout my teen and adult life. Since my son was born, it has been harder - but I just bought myself a journal this past week to start again.

I love going through my old journals, and seeing where I've been in my life, and how God has led me. Whenever I have doubts that God is in control, or that He isn't leading in my life, I just read some past journals - His Hand on my life is so apparent when I do.

When I did journal I kept one for about 3 years. I wrote it in almost every day. I think I will start again.

wadesgirl said:
When I did journal I kept one for about 3 years. I wrote it in almost every day. I think I will start again.

I'm with you though - I have to physically write it - not keep it on my computer. There is something very releasing, and healing, to write it out page by page.

I have years of journals from early teens to about 25ish. Then after marriage and kids it kind of just stopped. :(

wadesgirl said:
I like that thought, never thought about doing a specific PC journal. When we were getting married I was a part of a forum that was all about weddings. I kept a journal there to help with issues with our wedding. It did help alot but wasn't about a lot of personal things.

I think she meant PC as in computer, not Pampered CHef :).

As for the journaling, I would do it if you want to, and try to keep it in a safe place. Then decide if it is something you'd want any one else (meaning probably your DH) to read, and if not, think about talking to him about it, that you need it to be private, and why.

Related to Reviving My Love for Writing: Overcoming Journaling Hesitations

What is journaling?

Journaling is the practice of writing down your thoughts, feelings, and experiences in a dedicated notebook or journal. It can also include doodles, drawings, or keepsakes that hold personal significance.

How can journaling benefit me?

Journaling can have a variety of benefits, such as reducing stress and anxiety, improving self-awareness, enhancing creativity, and organizing your thoughts and ideas. It can also serve as a form of self-care and self-expression.

Do I have to write in my journal every day?

No, there are no rules when it comes to journaling. You can write as often or as little as you'd like. Some people find it helpful to write daily, while others may only write when they feel the need to process their thoughts and emotions.

Do I need any special supplies for journaling?

No, you can use any notebook or journal that you prefer. Some people like to use fancy journals or pens, but it's not necessary. The most important thing is finding a method of journaling that works for you.

What should I write about in my journal?

There is no right or wrong way to journal, so you can write about anything that comes to mind. Some people like to write about their day, their goals and aspirations, or their emotions. Others may use writing prompts or prompts from a guided journal to inspire their writing. The key is to write about whatever feels meaningful to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ShelbyMichalek