• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Love Hate Relationship With the Deep Dish Baker

In summary, the Deep Dish Baker is safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher safe, and oven safe up to 450°F. However, it is recommended to use oven mitts or a towel when handling the baker in the microwave, hand wash with warm soapy water to maintain its quality, and avoid using metal utensils to prevent scratching the surface. It is also great for baking frozen food, with the need to adjust the cooking time, and can be used for baking, roasting, and broiling.
chefgailliard
I absolutely LOVE this pan! My mac and cheese hasn't come out any better. But the handle to the top is HORRIBLE!!!! I just broke my second top. Split it in half because I dropped it due to the handle being so small. That coupled with the top being so heavy because it's stonewear, when you have the oven gloves on, you can't grip the handle, so it just slips.

I am writing HO to let them know to redesign the handle. Like I said, I love this pan, but man, I now have to sned it back again for them to replace the top again. That is such a drag!

Do you mean the Deep Covered Baker?

dannyzmom said:
Do you mean the Deep Covered Baker?

I think so...I was wondering how you could hate the DDB, I am on my original one still from YEARS ago. IT is one of my favorite stones and I've NEVER had an issue!

Sorry...you are correct...it is the covered baker.

The new oven pad is way easier to grip things with I personally think.

I love the DCB but I have a hard time cleaning it ... I often soak it in hot water to remove things that stick.

I would rather clean my DCB than my fluted stone! Love them both but hate cleaning the fluted one!!!

c00p said:
The new oven pad is way easier to grip things with I personally think.

I second that...I use the silicone pad for the cover

1. Can I use the Deep Dish Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is recommended to always use oven mitts or a towel when handling the baker as it can become hot.

2. Is the Deep Dish Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water to maintain its quality and longevity.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the Deep Dish Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with the Deep Dish Baker as they can scratch the surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.

4. Can I bake frozen food in the Deep Dish Baker?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is great for baking frozen food such as lasagna, casseroles, and pot pies. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the package instructions.

5. Is the Deep Dish Baker oven safe?

Yes, the Deep Dish Baker is oven safe up to 450°F. It is perfect for baking, roasting, and broiling your favorite dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • StacieB