1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: My love hate relationship with the Deep Dish Baker

1. chefgailliard

chefgailliard Novice Member

I absolutely LOVE this pan! My mac and cheese hasn't come out any better. But the handle to the top is HORRIBLE!!!! I just broke my second top. Split it in half because I dropped it due to the handle being so small. That coupled with the top being so heavy because it's stonewear, when you have the oven gloves on, you can't grip the handle, so it just slips.

I am writing HO to let them know to redesign the handle. Like I said, I love this pan, but man, I now have to sned it back again for them to replace the top again. That is such a drag!

2. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Do you mean the Deep Covered Baker?

Apr 6, 2008
  3. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I think so...I was wondering how you could hate the DDB, I am on my original one still from YEARS ago. IT is one of my favorite stones and I've NEVER had an issue!

Apr 6, 2008
  4. chefgailliard

chefgailliard Novice Member

Sorry...you are correct...it is the covered baker.

5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

The new oven pad is way easier to grip things with I personally think.

Apr 6, 2008
  6. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I love the DCB but I have a hard time cleaning it ... I often soak it in hot water to remove things that stick.

7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I would rather clean my DCB than my fluted stone! Love them both but hate cleaning the fluted one!!!

Apr 6, 2008
  8. PurpleAngel

PurpleAngel Member Gold Member

I second that...I use the silicone pad for the cover

Apr 6, 2008
Have something to add?