• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Mexican Sausage Skillet

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe from a cookbook that was modified by using frozen corn and a different spice, and reducing the amount of spice and increasing the amount of meat and rice. One person didn't like the dish, but the other enjoyed it with a squeeze of lime and cilantro. The recipe is for a Chipotle Sausage and Rice Skillet that is easy to make in one pan and a rice cooker. The ingredients and instructions are listed.
candiejayne
This is from the new 29 Minutes to Dinner Vol. 2 cookbook!

It's VERY yummy! I did make a few slight changes, but nothing extreme. I didn't have any corn on the cob so I used 2 cups of frozen corn thawed. I also did not have any of our Chipotle Rub, so I used some Mrs. Dash Chipotle spice I had on hand. For fear of it being too hot, I also substituted one can of tomates with green chilles for just tomatoes. It was still pretty spicy and I was glad I cut it back. Next time I will double the sausage it calls for. My guys are big meat eaters and it just wasn't enough. I will also make more rice then what it calls for. I have quite a bit left over, but the rice was completely eaten.

DS didn't like it, no big surprise as he doesn't like most of the things in it, but my BF and I loved it, and I will be making it again!

It was really easy to make, and only took one pan and the rice cooker!

Oh! and I liked it better with my lime wedge squeezed over mine, but my BF liked it better without. We both thought the cilantro was a huge plus to it though!

randomreeds013.jpg

randomreeds017.jpg

Last edited:
sorry, I can't seem to get the pics smaller, I even edited them in photo bucket!

hmmm guess they did resize themselves, i must not have refreshed my screen!

Last edited:
I really hope some of you try it and like it!Chipotle Sausage and Rice Skillet1 cup long grain white rice2 cups chicken broth4 ears fresh corn, husked and kernels cut from cob (2 cups) or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed1 pound bulk pork sausage1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained1 tablespoon Chipotle Rub1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro1 lime, cut into wedges1. Combine rice and broth in rice cooker. Cover and cook according to manufacturer's directions.2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink. 3. Stir in corn, tomatoes and Chipotle Rub. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until heated through.4. Stir in cooked rice and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.Yield: 4 servings

What are the ingredients in the Mexican Sausage Skillet?

The Mexican Sausage Skillet includes ground sausage, bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, and Mexican seasoning.

How long does it take to prepare the Mexican Sausage Skillet?

The Mexican Sausage Skillet can be prepared in under 30 minutes, making it a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights.

Is the Mexican Sausage Skillet gluten-free?

Yes, the Mexican Sausage Skillet is gluten-free. However, we recommend always checking the ingredient list for any potential allergens.

Can I make any substitutions to the Mexican Sausage Skillet recipe?

Absolutely! You can customize the Mexican Sausage Skillet by using different types of sausage, adding in your favorite vegetables, or adjusting the amount of seasoning to your taste.

Can I freeze leftovers of the Mexican Sausage Skillet?

Yes, you can freeze any leftovers of the Mexican Sausage Skillet in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop for a quick and convenient meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefharris
  • PamperedCaniac