• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe Review: 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook

In summary, to make Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup, you will need shrimp, coconut milk, red curry paste, chicken broth, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and cilantro. This soup is versatile and can be made with different proteins such as chicken, tofu, or other seafood options. It is also gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free chicken broth and fish sauce. The spiciness can be adjusted to your liking with the amount of red curry paste used. This soup can also be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
PamperedCaniac
I made this tonight for dinner out of the new 29 minutes to dinner cook book (volume 2).... It was ok... I have had better soup and worst but not something that I will likely make again for the cost of all the ingredients... Just wanted to give you guys my thoughts on the soup! Although you all my love it! The cocnut milk was a little over powering and 1 tbs of red curry sauce did not make it spicy enough for "me"... Also I did not like that I had to cut only STEMS of the cilantro and then save the leaves for another recipe later. :)

Thanks for your honest opinion! We appreciate all feedback and we're sorry the soup didn't meet your expectations. We value your input and will use it to help improve our recipes in the future. If there was anything else you would like to add about this recipe, please let us know!

Hi there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the soup from the new 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. It's always helpful to hear honest reviews from others who have tried the recipes. Sorry to hear that the soup was just okay for you and that the coconut milk was a bit overpowering. It's a shame that the red curry sauce didn't make it spicy enough for your taste as well. And I can understand your frustration with having to save the cilantro leaves for another recipe. Overall, it sounds like the soup was not worth the cost of the ingredients for you. Thanks for giving us your honest opinion!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup?

To make Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup, you will need shrimp, coconut milk, red curry paste, chicken broth, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and cilantro.

2. Can I substitute the shrimp for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the shrimp for chicken, tofu, or another type of seafood such as scallops or white fish.

3. Is this soup gluten-free?

Yes, this soup is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free chicken broth and fish sauce. Double check the labels on these ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.

4. How spicy is this soup?

The level of spiciness in this soup can be adjusted to your preference by using more or less red curry paste. The amount listed in the recipe provides a medium level of spiciness.

5. Can I make this soup in advance?

Yes, you can make this soup in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it on the stove or in the microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
buckeyefan08
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies