• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shrimp Orzo Skillet...yummy...

In summary, the Shrimp Orzo Skillet takes approximately 30 minutes to make and frozen shrimp can be used as long as they are thawed completely. The orzo can be substituted with other types of pasta and the dish can be made ahead of time. Vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes, can also be added for added flavor and nutrition.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
From the 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook: I have now made this recipe twice and it is true to the time, and a yummy, EZ recipe that is an excellent recipe for a dinner party, etc.

The first time I made it exactly as listed -- except I didn't have clam juice so I added more chicken broth.

This time I added more orzo, to get more servings, and a splash of hot pepper sauce.

You could easily substitute 1 inch pieces of chicken breast in place of the shrimp. In the chicken version, this could be a 30 minute recipe for a show.

I'd love to hear more feedback from the 29 Minutes cookbook; there was some chatter when it first came out, but what about now that folks have had the cookbook for a few months. I've made 3 of the recipes and all are true to their time. 2 I loved (the Shrimp Orzo and the Skillet Lasagna)...one I felt tasted fine to me but my family didn't like (moroccan pork chops).

I've made the Artichoke Chicken several times! Yummy. It even won over my dad--who typically avoids chicken breasts because they tend to be dry. It's a hit with my DH and MIL!

This is one I really want to try but haven't yet! The shrim orzo recipe that is!

1. How long does it take to make the Shrimp Orzo Skillet?

The Shrimp Orzo Skillet takes approximately 30 minutes to make from start to finish.

2. Can I use frozen shrimp for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely before cooking.

3. Can I substitute the orzo with another type of pasta?

Yes, you can substitute the orzo with another type of pasta, such as penne or rotini.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Shrimp Orzo Skillet ahead of time. Simply reheat it in a skillet or in the microwave when ready to serve.

5. Can I add vegetables to this recipe?

Yes, you can add vegetables to this recipe. We recommend adding diced bell peppers, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes for added flavor and nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pamperedbybarbara