• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vol 2 - 29 Mins to Dinner Cajun Shrimp With Smoked Gouda Grits

In summary, the Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits recipe requires shrimp, cajun seasoning, butter, garlic, chicken broth, grits, smoked gouda cheese, and green onions. It makes 4 servings and can be substituted with chicken, sausage, or tofu. The cooking time is approximately 29 minutes and the dish can be made ahead of time by reheating the grits and shrimp. However, for the best flavor and texture, it is recommended to cook the shrimp fresh.
LeslieSGI
Gold Member
Has anyone made the Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits on page 57 of the 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook, Volume 2? It calls for Cajun seasoning. I am planning to make it this weekend for some friends.

I used Google to search web pages for Chefsuccess.com and found no references to this recipe. I am totally prepared to use my Tony Cachere's cajun seasoning for it. (I know that there used to a PC Cajun seasoning some time in the past.) I am really surprised that there are no cook's notes on this recipe suggesting how I might use the Creole Seasoning as a substitute. Any input? TIA.​

Made this last night and it was AWESOME! Used off the shelf Cajun seasoning. It was just spicy enough and the grits were really tasty with the smoked Gouda added in.

I heartily recommend this recipe unless you hate shrimp or grits.​

Thanks for the review! I may just have to buy some grits so I can try this recipe.
I'm wondering if Rice would work too...grits just aren't something this Northern girl usually has on hand. :eek:

It's rather like shrimp creole so I think rice would be a fine accompaniment in lieu of grits.​

Hi there! I have made the Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits from the 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook, Volume 2 and it is absolutely delicious! I highly recommend using your Tony Cachere's Cajun seasoning for this recipe, as it adds the perfect amount of spice and flavor. As for using Creole seasoning as a substitute, I would suggest using it sparingly and adjusting to your taste, as it may have a stronger flavor than the Cajun seasoning. Hope that helps and enjoy your meal with your friends this weekend! Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits?

The ingredients for this dish include shrimp, cajun seasoning, butter, garlic, chicken broth, grits, smoked gouda cheese, and green onions.

2. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 4 servings.

3. Can I substitute the shrimp for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the shrimp for chicken, sausage, or tofu if desired.

4. How long does it take to cook the Cajun Shrimp with Smoked Gouda Grits?

The total cooking time for this dish is approximately 29 minutes.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the grits and cajun shrimp ahead of time and reheat them when ready to serve. However, for the best flavor and texture, we recommend cooking the shrimp fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg