• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Made the Sundried Tomato and Broccoli Orzotto Again...

In summary, the recipe was delicious and the host loved it. She likes to make it for dinner and will add chicken to the next version.
jessinthekitchen
We LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe at my house. I've made it a few times now and I really wanted to make it for dinner tonight. I added shrimp this time and it was SO good!

I'm supposed to make it at a show on the 12th of November and I think I'm going to add chicken to that one so I can show off the cookware (even though it won't be the host special...at least I can show it off and maybe sell some!) LOL

It's always great to do recipes at shows that you LOVE at home. Last winter I did the same recipe 5 times in 2 weeks because I LOVED it so much and my hosts/guests loved it too!

Where can I find that recipe?
Thanks!

Nevermind.. found it!

How would this be at a brunch, do you think? It sounds great, and I am having a brunch soon where the host's sister is a vegetarian and also doesn't eat eggs. It seems like I could make this with vegetable broth, and it could be a good dish.

Bluemoon- I think you could it at a brunch if she's also going to have more breakfasty type foods there. This is a lunch/dinner type meal; but if she's going to have some snacky bfst food- this will definitely be more filling....or you could just ask the host to provide bfst items and make a point of saying that you were making the "lunch" part of brunch....

It's delish though and I think people will love it!

where can I find this recipe?

chefheidi2003 said:
where can I find this recipe?

Forget it..I found it now. I am trying to find recipes with sun-dried tomatoes

jessinthekitchen said:
Bluemoon- I think you could it at a brunch if she's also going to have more breakfasty type foods there. This is a lunch/dinner type meal; but if she's going to have some snacky bfst food- this will definitely be more filling....or you could just ask the host to provide bfst items and make a point of saying that you were making the "lunch" part of brunch....

It's delish though and I think people will love it!

Thanks, Jess... I 'm going to have one team make the Ham & Cheese brunch bars, which has eggs, but the other team can make the orzotto. That way I can show some thing with and without the DCB. And with and without eggs.

It's only the one guest who won't eat eggs or meat, but she's the host's sister, and very influential in the neighborhood. I would use the GPS, but several in this group have had them sooo much, at my house for social and PC events.

I'm curious if anyone has made it in both the DCB and the 12" skillet to see if there's any substantial difference. I'm doing a show where there's no microwave. It's listed as a variation & takes pretty much the same amount of time.

1. How do I store leftovers of the Sundried Tomato and Broccoli Orzotto?

The best way to store leftovers of the Sundried Tomato and Broccoli Orzotto is to place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.

2. Can I freeze the Sundried Tomato and Broccoli Orzotto?

Yes, the Sundried Tomato and Broccoli Orzotto can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to let it cool completely before placing it in a freezer-safe container. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and heat in the microwave or on the stove.

3. Can I substitute the orzo for a different type of pasta?

Yes, you can use any type of small pasta like penne, rotini, or even rice in place of orzo. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the package instructions.

4. Can I make this dish vegetarian?

Absolutely! Simply omit the chicken broth and use vegetable broth instead. You can also add in some extra veggies like bell peppers or zucchini for more flavor and texture.

5. What other protein can I use in this dish?

While chicken is the most commonly used protein in this dish, you can also use shrimp, tofu, or even sausage for a different flavor. Just make sure to cook the protein separately and add it in at the end before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies