• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rescued a Sweet Husky Named Angel: Our Heartwarming Adoption Story

In summary, friends of ours that got married in November(we were in the wedding) had gotten a dog from another couple friends of ours. Now they are getting a divorce and gave the dog back. They had been keeping her in a bathroom all the time except to eat and go outside. The poor thing just wants love. We decided to take her. Her name is Angel and she's a husky. We think she's about a year and a half old. As soon as Mark brought her home she ate 2 full bowls of dog food. She kept alternating between Mark and I last night and slept between us for awhile. She is such a sweetheart and
Jen1409
Friends of ours that got married in November(we were in the wedding) had gotten a dog from another couple friends of ours. Now they are getting a divorce and gave the dog back. They had been keeping her in a bathroom all the time except to eat and go outside. The poor thing just wants love. We decided to take her. Her name is Angel and she's a husky. We think she's about a year and a half old. As soon as Mark brought her home she ate 2 full bowls of dog food. She kept alternating between Mark and I last night and slept between us for awhile. She is such a sweetheart and I don't understand why they would do that to her. We really didn't need another dog but we couldn't let her get taken to the pound and possibly get put down
She has one blue eye and one brown eye and Nicole absolutly loves her already
Here's a picture of her from my phone, its not the best but I can post more later once I get my camera hooked up to the computer
0323000633a.jpg

Good for you and your family! She looks beautiful.

Is she a Husky? They are wonderful dogs.

Okay - and I just have to say it....they got married in Nov, and are getting a divorce? Wow.

I love hearing stories of people who take in animals and give them the love they need! Good for you! Too many people get pets not realizing they aren't getting another object for their home, they are getting another member of the family that needs love, care and attention! Thank God for people like you!

God Bless you! She's beautiful.

What a beauty.... Your the angel for taking her in :)

Google Husky Rescue in your area/state. Maybe there is one close by. They adopt them to good homes and don't put them down.

Good for you for taking her in but I understand you can't keep them all! I just adopted one myself that my friend rescued. She has 5 dogs already and just couldn't keep one more! LOL!

Wow, that is a BEAUTIFUL dog!

ChefBeckyD;726852 Okay - and I just have to say it....they got married in Nov said:
You mirrored my thoughts exactly, Becky!Jen, thank you for taking her in! I love hearing about people opening up their hearts and homes to animals. She's beautiful!

Good for you! That poor pup. I do have to say though..that at least they kept her alive even if she wasn't loved.

By the way, the 2 colored eye thing is actually VERY common in husky dogs. We had a husky growing up and she had a blue eye and a green eye!

very sweet. Slept between the 2 of you? Wow! We have a 9lb terrier mix that does that and I feel that she is a bed hog. Don't know if I could handle one that is that big sleeping between us. LOL. God Bless you for rescuing her. We have 2 dogs we adopted from the animal shelters (several years apart) and they are the best dogs.

And. WOW! Divorcing after 4 months? They should get an anullment.

Hope I did this right....heres my little rescue, we've had him almost 3 weeks!! :D

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 283
Congratulations on the new edition to your family. I have two little furry friends of my own and I would not know what to do without them. I have no compassion or respect for anyone who mistreats an innocent animal. Mine have to stay in the Kitchen while I am at work, but then we go out for a walk and I play with them as much as I can. Dogs can be wonderful companions if you treat them right.

Good for you! I am an animal lover too!
Though we didn't rescue our Husky girl (we got her at 12 weeks), she is a part of our family for sure and can't image our lives without her!

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 310
Yup they are getting a divorce already, I'm pretty sure they could get an annulment but I'm not stepping between them to offer advice after what they did to Angel.

She is such a sweetheart and I don't understand why they did this to her. She is such a cuddler it's not even funny.

Bless you Jen for taking her in and giving her lots of love. Shame shame shame on the couple that kept her in the bathroom...between that and the divorce they obviously have a lot of growing up to do and compassion to learn.

I have always had rescued/humane society pets and they rock! Whether purebred (retired racing greyhound) or not (orange tabby sisters) they know that you have saved their lives, and give you all the love you can handle.

I am sure you will be able to place your new friend in a great situation.

Jen1409 said:
Yup they are getting a divorce already, I'm pretty sure they could get an annulment but I'm not stepping between them to offer advice after what they did to Angel.

She is such a sweetheart and I don't understand why they did this to her. She is such a cuddler it's not even funny.

Poor baby - she was just hungry for love! Sounds like Angel is the perfect name for her.

Poor thing!! I also have 3 dogs that we call "charity cases". Our first was Angel who is an australian shepherd/rhodesian ridgeback mix, she came to us from a friend who could no longer take care of her properly. Our 2nd was Bo who is a purebred hounddog and he actually found us. My hubby was home on R&R and we look out the front door and there is this white dog who looked horrible. When I got him in the house it took my over 5 hours to bath him and get ticks off. He had probably 200+ ticks on him and alot more fleas, he weighed about 15-20 pounds and was scared to death of any man. Now he is 70 pounds and spoiled. Jake was out last one and he is a rottie/german shepard mix. He came to us from our neighbor who got him from a coworker who found him wondering the streets with a rope tied around his neck choking him. All three are spoiled more then our kids but they are worth it. Like my hubby says he would not get rid of them but he would not give a nickel for another dog. :)

Rose

Related to Rescued a Sweet Husky Named Angel: Our Heartwarming Adoption Story

1. What should I feed my newly rescued dog?

It is important to start your dog off with a high-quality, balanced diet. Consult with your veterinarian for specific recommendations, but generally a combination of dry kibble and wet food is a good option. Be sure to transition to a new food gradually to avoid upsetting your dog's stomach.

2. How can I help my new dog adjust to its new home?

Be patient and understanding as your dog adjusts to its new surroundings. Give it a quiet, safe space to retreat to when feeling overwhelmed. Stick to a routine for feeding, walks, and playtime to help your dog feel more comfortable. And most importantly, show your dog love and affection to build trust and bond with your new furry friend.

3. Should I take my new dog to the vet right away?

Yes, it is important to take your newly rescued dog to the vet as soon as possible. Your vet can check for any health issues and give your dog necessary vaccinations. They can also provide guidance on spaying/neutering, microchipping, and any specific care your dog may need.

4. What should I do if my new dog seems scared or anxious?

It is common for rescued dogs to experience fear and anxiety in new environments. Give your dog some time to adjust and try to create a calm and quiet atmosphere. You can also use calming aids like pheromone sprays or a thundershirt. If the anxiety persists, consult with a professional dog trainer for tips and techniques to help your dog feel more at ease.

5. How can I socialize my newly rescued dog?

Socialization is important for all dogs, but especially for rescued dogs who may have had limited interaction with other people or animals. Start slowly by introducing your dog to friendly, well-behaved dogs and gradually increase the exposure. Also, take your dog to new places and introduce them to different sights and sounds to help them become more comfortable in different environments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • wadesgirl