• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Struggles in L.A.: My Journey and Tips for Success

In summary, she is saying that it is hard to recruit, and that it is a numbers game. She recommends working hard to book shows and see enough people to generate enough people to sign recruits.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I have been trying and trying to recruit. It's a little hard here in L.A., where no one knows what PC is! I have to work hard for bookings, but do much better in that arena than recruiting. I have recruited 2 so far (in a year+ !), and both are inactive. I have had more than I care to keep track of tell me "yes", then change their minds at the last minute. I get SO high when I hear the "yes", then REALLY low when they back out. I know for my own sanity I've got to not care so much,...right? How do you guys handle the highs and lows?

With a grain of salt and a shot of tequila!! LOL!!

Just keep working it - it will come through with your love of the business - and ASK everyone!

Do you get really excited when someone signs? It's hard not to!

Where in LA are you? There are a ton of us here. Where are you looking?

it's truly a numbers game and nothing personal. You have to book enough shows to see enough people to generate enough people to sign enough recruits. You decide what "enough" is for you.When someone says no, it's just the same as you telling the waitress no thanks when she asks if you'd like dessert. If you want to boost up your recruiting, talk to your director, take online courses, take teleclasses, purchase the audio CDs from supply order, etc.

Statistically 9 out of 10 leads will actually sign. So you can have a lot of leads before you get 1 to sign. I'm almost at 2 years and just finally got my first recruit. It happens.

And just because they say yes to the business information doesn't mean they are saying yes to the business yet. That's why they are recruit leads not recruits.

wadesgirl said:
Statistically 9 out of 10 leads will actually sign. So you can have a lot of leads before you get 1 to sign. I'm almost at 2 years and just finally got my first recruit. It happens.

And just because they say yes to the business information doesn't mean they are saying yes to the business yet. That's why they are recruit leads not recruits.

She means 1 out of 10!;)

I've gone through an interview, and they tell me they're in, and that they need to "get this or that" in order before they sign, then that never happens. I'm in Eagle Rock, CA. I find I have to explain PC to 9 out of 10 people!

I know it takes time, and a lot of exposure. I sound down, but I am booking a lot more than when I started, and was truly just asking if anyone else feels like they're on an emotional rollarcoaster w/ recruiting...

cookin to the top said:
I know it takes time, and a lot of exposure. I sound down, but I am booking a lot more than when I started, and was truly just asking if anyone else feels like they're on an emotional rollarcoaster w/ recruiting...

I feel the same way, don't worry about it, it's not just you! I tell my story at every show, talk about the business, ask everybody, etc but have only had a few people interested and finally one who signed this last weekend. Then you have other people who just seem to recruit, recruit, recruit. Don't get down on yourself, they aren't saying no to you, just no to the business.

another thought...ask what the no means. Does it mean no, not now or no, not ever. For some people it's just not the right time.

hi beth - i feel your pain! i signed 2 right after i started. one never got off the ground and one just quit a week or so ago. i have had very little interest in recruiting at my shows, and i average 4 shows a month. i committed recently to just put my head down and do what i need to do, which is pretty much everything on deb's list.

now i have 2 decent leads - pretty much from asking everyone at shows, as well as using drawing slips. i tell my guests that marking the checkbox is not a commitment, it's a sign of interest. i think that helps.

yes there are people who rocket to the top, but there are many many more who practice the skills of patience and persistence before they move to the next level. i am ok with the latter :)

DebbieJ said:
it's truly a numbers game and nothing personal. You have to book enough shows to see enough people to generate enough people to sign enough recruits. You decide what "enough" is for you.

When someone says no, it's just the same as you telling the waitress no thanks when she asks if you'd like dessert.

If you want to boost up your recruiting, talk to your director, take online courses, take teleclasses, purchase the audio CDs from supply order, etc.

this is a great perspective of hearing "no's", thanks for the insight!

Susan- good luck with those two leads! I know I need work on closing....will you let me know how you close them? (I'm sure you will!)

pampcheflisa said:
this is a great perspective of hearing "no's", thanks for the insight!

Look for the book, "Go for No". It is good.

I am in Temecula CA and I have recruited 3 in the past 3 months. I think it is a great time to recruit with the economy in CA. Keep at it!

1. Why am I having trouble finding certain products on the website?

Our website is currently undergoing maintenance and some products may not be available for purchase at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience as we work to resolve these issues.

2. How can I track my order?

Once your order has been processed and shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number. You can use this number to track your order on the carrier's website.

3. I received a damaged product, what should I do?

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-3000 and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

4. Can I cancel or change my order after it has been placed?

Unfortunately, once an order has been placed, we are unable to make any changes or cancellations. However, you can return the item(s) for a refund or exchange once you receive them.

5. How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

We are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team! You can visit our website and click on the "Join Us" tab to learn more about becoming a consultant and to fill out an application.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky