• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes for Very Ripe Bananas - Beyond Bread & Muffins

In summary, the author suggests different ways to use ripe bananas and some recipes to try. She also suggests making a banana smoothie or banana daiquiris. Lastly, she suggests freezing the bananas.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Ok so I have 3 large very ripe bananas I need to do something with. We don't eat them this ripe. So I usually make bread or muffins. I guess I can do that again, but I thought I would see if anyone else has some other good recipes I can try.

I don't have any specific recipes, but how about making a smoothie with them?

Just something I found online...I too usually make banana bread or muffins. I have mashed them and froze them for later use too...

InstructionsDifficulty: Easy
Things You’ll Need:
Freezer bag
Blender
Recipes
Ripe bananas
Step1Bake something: banana bread, muffins, cake, waffles or pancakes. This is a classic use for ripe bananas.

Step2Peel the bananas and place them in a blender to make a banana smoothie. You can make it with milk, yogurt, ice cream, frozen strawberries and many other items.

Step3Blend up banana daiquiris.

Step4Cook bananas foster. This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to use them up.

Step5Make homemade banana ice cream.

Step6Freeze the bananas. Leave the peels on and place in a freezer bag. Thaw them out when needed. Freezing them will soften their texture so you'll want to use them in banana bread and the like.

Bananas Foster Stir Fry. Yum!

Banana pudding1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup cold water(or milk)
1 (4 oz) size package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups Cool Whip
box vanilla wafers
3 bananas, slicedMix sweetened condensed milk with water. Add pudding mix and beat well. Chill in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Fold in thawed Cool Whip. Spoon 1 cup of pudding in bottom of serving dish. Top with 1/3 of each of the bananas, wafers and pudding. Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding. Top with vanilla wafers. Chill thoroughly and keep refrigerated.

1. Can I use frozen bananas for these recipes?

Yes, frozen bananas can be used for most of the recipes in this collection. Make sure to thaw them completely before using in the recipe.

2. Can I substitute bananas with another fruit?

While bananas are the star ingredient in these recipes, you can try substituting them with mashed avocado or applesauce for a similar texture and moisture. However, the flavor will be different.

3. Do I need any special kitchen equipment to make these recipes?

No, these recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment such as a mixing bowl, hand mixer, and baking pan. However, a blender or food processor may be needed for some recipes.

4. Can I make these recipes gluten-free?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour in place of regular flour to make these recipes gluten-free. Just make sure to check the ingredient list carefully as some recipes may contain gluten-containing ingredients.

5. How long will these recipes keep for?

Most of these recipes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. Some may last longer if refrigerated. However, it is best to consume them fresh for optimal taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefdenisep
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • linojackie