• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Kid-Friendly Muffin Recipes?

In summary, the author has to make muffins for her DD's preschool class on Thursday and she has a great banana bread recipe she can fall back on, but she doesn't have ripe bananas on hand so she's thinking of making banana bread muffins. However, blueberry or cinnamon swirl muffins are out because the author doesn't have any ripe bananas on hand. She has a recipe for apple cinnamon muffins, but also recommends avoiding recipes using nuts or peanut butter because her kids like chocolate pumpkin muffins from her. The author also suggests roasting bananas to make the most intense flavor.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have to make muffins for my DD's preschool class on Thursday. Any ideas out there? I have a great banana bread recipe I do as muffins, so I can fall back on that idea if needed, but just thought I'd see if you guys have any favorite recipes out there.

Shoot! Where is my head?!! Tomorrow is Thursday---this means I need to get baking now! Okay, so banana bread muffins is out because I don't have ripe bananas on hand. What recipe would you make?

Just remember to avoid any recipes using nuts or peanut butter. I second the above mentioned blueberry recipe. Can you make mini-muffins? Easy for a toddler to handle/eat.

Or, can you just make a white bread and take in various homemade jellies? My niece loves "pink" raspberry jelly from the local farmer.

2 of my favorites are PC's lil citrus muffins and Allrecipes.com's To Die For Blueberry Muffins. I've made both for my kids and they love em!

The best way to do Banana-whatever is to ROAST the bananas first. From America's Test Kitchen recipe for Banana Pudding:

ROAST BANANAS Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Place 3 unpeeled bananas on baking sheet and bake until skins are completely black, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.

I do this in every baking item with bananas now. Never fail, intense flavor! And you don't have to wait for over-ripe bananas!

Thanks, guys. I found a box of chocolate chip muffin mix I didn't realize I had. I just made them because I'm tired and don't want to run to the store. I only had basic ingredients on hand. I appreciate your help though! :)

my kids (5 and 2) love Chocolate pumpkin muffins. 1 can pumpkin, a chocolate cake mix and 1tbsp water. I use the mini muffin pan and add icing! LOVE THEM!

Our preschool won't let me make homemade stuff. I even had to buy store made cupcakes for his birthday. Nothing homemade allowed in the school.

Our preschool just asks us to stay away from nuts/peanuts. Some classes have to stay away from dairy, too.

pcsharon1 said:
Our preschool won't let me make homemade stuff. I even had to buy store made cupcakes for his birthday. Nothing homemade allowed in the school.

This is actually funny (not haha funny)- because if you look at labels, so much of store-bought product is still "Processed in a plant that handles/manufactures nuts", etc.

What are some popular muffin recipes that are kid-friendly?

Some favorite kid-friendly muffin recipes include blueberry muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin muffins, zucchini muffins, and apple cinnamon muffins.

Do these muffin recipes require any special ingredients?

Most of these recipes use basic pantry staples such as flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and butter. Some may call for additional ingredients like fresh fruit or chocolate chips, but they can easily be substituted or omitted.

Are these muffin recipes easy for kids to help make?

Yes, many of these recipes are simple and require basic mixing and measuring skills. Kids can also help with tasks like stirring, pouring, and adding ingredients. It's a great opportunity for them to learn about baking and kitchen safety.

Can these muffin recipes be made ahead of time and stored for later?

Yes, these muffin recipes are great for meal prep and can be made ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for longer storage. Just reheat in the microwave or oven when ready to eat.

Are these muffin recipes healthy for kids?

These muffin recipes can be made healthier by using alternative flours, reducing sugar, and adding in fruits and vegetables. However, they should still be enjoyed in moderation as a treat and not as a replacement for a balanced diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kreaser
Replies
Views