• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need New Banana Chocolate Triffle Recipe

In summary, Can anyone help me? I'm out of town, doing a party and have the wrong season's best with me!! I'm doing a show for my sister and she was going to make the banana chocolate triffle in the new spring 2009 season's best. Can someone post the recipe? or at least the ingredients so I'm sure I didn't miss something?Thanks!!!Here you go...The Pampered Chef ® provides a Chocolate Banana Cream Tr
krley
Gold Member
Can anyone help me? I'm out of town, doing a party and have the wrong season's best with me!! I'm doing a show for my sister and she was going to make the banana chocolate triffle in the new spring 2009 season's best. Can someone post the recipe? or at least the ingredients so I'm sure I didn't miss something?

Thanks!!!

Here you go...

The Pampered Chef ®
Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle
Recipe

18 whole graham crackers (5 x 2 in.), divided
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg (3.4 oz) banana cream instant pudding and pie filling
1 cup milk
1 lemon
4 large bananas

Finely chop half of a graham cracker using Food Chopper; set aside. Coarsely crumble remaining crackers into Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl.

For ganache, place chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping into Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Combine pudding mix and milk in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in remaining whipped topping using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®; set aside.

Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Peel bananas and cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces using Paring Knife. Slice pieces into Classic Batter Bowl using Egg Slicer Plus®. Add lemon juice and toss gently. Set aside 12 slices for garnish.

To assemble trifle, place half of the crumbled graham crackers over bottom of Trifle Bowl. Place half of the bananas over the crackers, arranging some of the bananas against sides of bowl and top with one-third of the ganache (see Cook's Tip). Spread half of the banana filling over ganache, spreading to edges. Repeat layers one time. Decorate with remaining ganache. Sprinkle top of trifle with chopped graham cracker. Arrange reserved banana slices around edges of trifle.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: (about 1/2 cup): Calories 230, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 190 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: To get a good visual of the ganache layers, spoon ganache into resealable plastic food storage bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Trim corner of bag to allow ganache to flow through. Pipe around the inside edges of the bowl, then drizzle remaining ganache over the bananas.

Shopping List
18 whole graham crackers (5 x 2 in.)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 pkg (3.4 oz) banana cream instant pudding and pie filling
1 cup milk
1 lemon
4 large bananas

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much!!!!

Is it me or does this recipe not filll the bowl?If I do it again I will use more pudding and more whipped cream ...

FYI- the current and several past SBRCs are available on CC. Go to Products and Recipes > Recipes > Season's Best. On that page, there's a pull down for you to select the version of the SBRC that you want. Then you can select individual recipes and print them out or email them right from there.

chefann said:
FYI- the current and several past SBRCs are available on CC. Go to Products and Recipes > Recipes > Season's Best. On that page, there's a pull down for you to select the version of the SBRC that you want. Then you can select individual recipes and print them out or email them right from there.

Yup...that's where I found it...thanks for the info!:chef:

Di_Can_Cook said:
Is it me or does this recipe not filll the bowl?

If I do it again I will use more pudding and more whipped cream ...

That is what we found at our last cluster meeting. I agree you almost have to double it to fill the bowl.

This was our third and final recipe that we made tonight at our team meeting.

Very yummy but a couple of things I'd like to mention. It filled about 2/3 of the bowl so you really need to double the pudding and 1/2 more the whipped cream (but it already is a large Cool Whip so do you really want your host to have to buy a small one as well?).

Also I don't know if the two ladies making this messed up or not but the coarsely chopped graham crackers on the top were too large and too many. They suggested doing about 3/4 (or 12 of them) finely on the bottom and only 6 of them coarsely on the top.

One last thing. In Canada we don't have banana instant pudding - our recipe calls for vanilla pudding. I know I read a thread on here somewhere where they found the banana flavor too strong. I'd recommend to those people to go ahead and use the vanilla. That's how are recipe is and it's quite yummy! I'd definitely make it again exactly as it calls for at home and with the above changes for a demo/presentation.

I am so glad I am reading this thread. I am going to make this for my open house on Saturday so I wanted to make sure I made enough to for everyone. Great tips everyone!

What are the ingredients needed for a banana chocolate trifle?

The ingredients for a banana chocolate trifle typically include bananas, chocolate cake or brownies, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and chocolate chips.

How do I assemble a banana chocolate trifle?

To assemble a banana chocolate trifle, start by layering slices of bananas on the bottom of a trifle dish. Then, add a layer of crumbled chocolate cake or brownies followed by a layer of chocolate pudding. Repeat these layers until the dish is almost full, making sure to end with a layer of whipped cream on top. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top for decoration.

Can I make a banana chocolate trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a banana chocolate trifle ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble the trifle no more than a day in advance to prevent the ingredients from becoming soggy.

Can I substitute any ingredients in a banana chocolate trifle recipe?

Yes, you can substitute some ingredients in a banana chocolate trifle recipe. For example, you can use vanilla pudding instead of chocolate pudding or add nuts for extra crunch. However, keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the trifle.

Can I use a different type of chocolate in a banana chocolate trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of chocolate in a banana chocolate trifle. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate all work well in this recipe. Choose the type of chocolate that you prefer or mix and match for a varied flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
trps
  • Chefgirl2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies