• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Good Chocolate + Fruit Recipe for Dcb

In summary, a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is a versatile stoneware piece from Pampered Chef that can be used for baking, roasting, and microwaving. Popular fruits to pair with chocolate in a DCB recipe include strawberries, bananas, raspberries, and cherries, but other options like peaches, apples, and tropical fruits can also be used. Frozen fruit can be used, but may require adjustments in cooking time and temperature. The DCB does not need to be greased, but can be lightly sprayed or brushed with oil for extra precaution. Chocolate and fruit recipes can also be made in the DCB using the microwave, with a shorter cooking time and microwave-safe dishes and utensils.
HealthNut
so my first cooking show - my host would like something that is both chocolate and fruit (she's supplying wine for everyone to drink...) so we're doing a decadent dessert type of party.

the ONLY two stoneware pieces I have right now are the DCB and the large bar pan (which is pretty "savory" seasoned, not "sweet"...lol) - and I'm thinking I'd love to try a dessert in the DCB.

What would you guys suggest as a fast and easy chocolate+fruit dessert in the DCB? Thanks!!

How about one of the DCB cobblers/cakes (there are a bunch of threads here on the recipe) - but you could use Cherry Pie filling and a Choc Cake mix.

Or, how about the new Spumoni Brownies?

Along the lines of Kathleen's suggestion, you can make the dump cake, but use pie filling in place of the oil. I do this as a flip cake in the Fluted Stone, and it's always a huge hit. I'm sure it would translate very well to the DCB.

What is a DCB?

A DCB is a Deep Covered Baker, a versatile piece of stoneware from Pampered Chef that can be used for baking, roasting, and even microwaving.

What types of fruits go well with chocolate in a DCB recipe?

Some popular fruit options for chocolate DCB recipes include strawberries, bananas, raspberries, and cherries. However, you can also get creative and try using peaches, apples, or even tropical fruits like mango or pineapple.

Can I use frozen fruit in a chocolate DCB recipe?

Yes, frozen fruit can be used in a chocolate DCB recipe, but it may require some adjustments in cooking time and temperature. Thaw the fruit before adding it to the DCB and keep an eye on the dish while it bakes to ensure it doesn't become too watery.

Do I need to grease the DCB before adding the fruits and chocolate?

No, the stoneware material of the DCB is naturally non-stick. However, if you're worried about sticking, you can lightly spray the inside of the DCB with cooking spray or brush it with a little bit of oil before adding the ingredients.

Can I make a chocolate and fruit recipe in the DCB using the microwave?

Yes, you can make a chocolate and fruit recipe in the DCB using the microwave. Follow the same instructions for layering the ingredients as you would for baking in the oven, but reduce the cooking time by about half. Make sure to use microwave-safe baking dishes and utensils.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JenAZ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies