• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yummy "Banana Crunch Muffin" Recipe

In summary, the "Yummy Banana Crunch Muffin" recipe requires ripe bananas, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and chopped walnuts or pecans for the topping. However, you can substitute some of the ingredients such as all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, butter with melted coconut oil, and regular milk with almond milk. This recipe makes about 12 standard-sized muffins, but you can adjust the recipe to make more or fewer muffins. The muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months and can last for 2-3 days at room temperature or up to a week if stored in the refrigerator
nikked
Gold Member
I'm baking to send to DH, and had bananas that had to be used ASAP. Found this recipe on Food Network. They are yummy and beautiful, and the recipe made 36 of our regular size muffins (this recipe is technically for the "large" muffin pans).

My DH doesn't care for nuts, so I upped the coconut and granola to 1 1/2 cups each. Used a granola cereal, because my wally-world doesn't carry the real thing. I just broke up the bigger pieces with the meat tenderizer (in a ziploc bag, of course :p ).

My oh-so-picky kids love them, too, which is an added bonus, to be sure!

Happy baking!

Attachments

• The Barefoot Contessa Banana Crunch Muffins.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 311
Oh, yeah. I topped them with coconut before baking...

I have made these before - they are delicious! Thanks for reminding me of the recipe - I have a few bananas that are at that point!

Yum! I have some icky looking bananas here...maybe I can try these tomorrow!

Thank you for that recipe!

I made a half batch and it made 48 mini muffins in our MMP. (I made them small for my 2 yr. DS)

He gobbled up two of them like he hadn't ate in a year!! LOL

I didn't have granola, so I smashed up a Nature Valley granola bar (the ones that come two to a pack that are HARD/CRUNCHY) and used it...chopped up pecans...and TOASTED my coconut first before putting it in the batter.

YUM-O!!!

Ooooh, love the toasted coconut idea...thanks!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the "Yummy Banana Crunch Muffin" recipe?

The ingredients you will need are ripe bananas, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and chopped walnuts or pecans for the topping.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier option. You can also use melted coconut oil instead of butter, and almond milk instead of regular milk for a dairy-free option.

3. How many muffins does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 12 standard-sized muffins. However, you can adjust the recipe to make more or fewer muffins depending on your preference.

4. Can I freeze the muffins for later?

Yes, you can freeze the muffins for up to 3 months. Make sure to let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bags. When ready to eat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven or microwave.

5. How long do these muffins stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these muffins will stay fresh for 2-3 days. You can also extend their freshness by storing them in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies