• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes for "Appetizer" Vendor Show?

In summary, this opportunity sounds really fun, but you need to be especially careful about food safety. You should definitely consider bringing an appetizer and a dessert, and you might also want to consider displaying Chillzane products. Good luck!
ChefinHarmony
I have a neat opportunity... I'm invited to be a vendor at a formal (she said, Dress like you are attending a wedding) event. I will be set up from 5-7pm offering appetizers. It's like taste-testing prior to a Fundraiser dinner. I can promote my products, take orders, offer a raffle, try to get bookings, etc. So, what do a make? No oven there - no way to keep food warm. Don't want something that has to be chilled. Get this.. over 300 people will be attending! She said only other "competition" will be Tastefully Simple. I don't have to feed 300, just offer some samples. Any suggestions??? I'm going to post asking about how to get Bookings/Sales too!
Thanks!!
Joanne

Honestly, I shy away from providing samples at these type of things because we are not licensed for food service. Our liability insurance will not cover you if, God forbid, someone gets sick.

We are not caterers.

Deb,
Wow. I didn't know that about our insurance. A former consultant did this last year, but she doesn't sell any more and gave me the lead. The contact kept saying "whatever you need to do to drum up business" - but I think I HAVE to provide food or I can't go - that's the whole point of this event. Thanks for the warning.
Joanne

I vote for the Profiterole Puffs and/or the Tuxedo Brownie Cups. The Profiteroles, you can make ahead and freeze, and just replenish your supply as needed. (Make sure you thaw them a little, though. They're pretty hard when frozen) The brownies, you can bake ahead and bring your EAD with frosting to top 'em off when you put them out. Display everything on the Simple Additions!

This sounds like a ton of fun! Are you going to wear your apron? That's not so formal, but you have to distinguish yourself somehow, I'd think...Good luck!

I would never serve food either. We are not covered insurance wise but with that said........ how about chocolate chip cannolli dip piped onto tortillas that are baked using the creative cutters' heart shape. You could keep it cold in the chillzanne bowl until ready to pipe with the accent decorator. Serving them on the large SA platter or three tier stand.

I would do the profiterole puffs... you will look cheap if you don't have food and everyone else does. They are affordable to make, you can make them ahead of time, and show off chillzane products.

Another good thing if you don't want a dessert is the dim sum potstickers. I am not sure how good they are when they get cold, but it is worth a try.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are a good savory appetizer. They're not too expensive, and you can cut them into bite-size pieces to serve more. You can keep them chilled by keeping them in the bar pan, covered with foil, in the Stoneware Tote (if you have it). You can stack 2 bar pans in there, and even toss in a freezy pack (the blue things for picnics, etc.).

What about the candied nuts (can't remember the name right now but I think it's in all the best)?

The Cool Veggie Pizza is a good option. It doesn't have to be cold and can be served at room temperature. It is pretty cheap to make and one can serve plenty (not 300 though).

The baked potstickers freeze really well, too...maybe you could have a toaster oven there or something to keep heating fresh ones up?

1. What types of appetizers can I expect to find in the "Recipes for Appetizer" vendor show?

The "Recipes for Appetizer" vendor show features a variety of appetizers including dips, finger foods, and small bites. You can also find recipes for hot and cold appetizers, as well as both vegetarian and meat options.

2. Are there any specific dietary restrictions that the appetizer recipes cater to?

Yes, we have a wide range of appetizer recipes that cater to various dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options. We want to ensure that everyone can enjoy delicious appetizers at the vendor show.

3. Can I purchase the ingredients for the appetizer recipes at the vendor show?

Yes, we have a selection of ingredients available for purchase at the vendor show. We also have a list of suggested ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store.

4. Can I sample the appetizers at the "Recipes for Appetizer" vendor show?

Yes, we will have a sampling station set up where you can try some of the featured appetizer recipes. This will give you a chance to taste the dishes and decide which ones you would like to make at home.

5. Are there any cooking demonstrations or tips for making the appetizers at the vendor show?

Yes, our Pampered Chef consultants will be hosting cooking demonstrations throughout the vendor show to showcase how to make some of the appetizer recipes. They will also be available to answer any questions and provide helpful tips for creating the perfect appetizers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedval
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom