• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Recipe for 1St "Real" Show?

In summary, the author is preparing for a show and is nervous about it. She has a choice of recipes to choose from, and the Clubhouse Chicken Squares are a popular choice.
northern_sunshine
I have my first, what I call, "real" show (not for a close friend or relative) coming up. I don't know the host from Adam, she was my only booking (and by default winner) from my Yard Sale advertising (I offered a drawing for free ingredients of you booked in June, July or August).

The place, I think, is small. It's in a trailer park so probably not much bigger than my place (6 adults is a squeeze, we have a minihome) and probably laid off similarly (open floor plan for kitchen/dining, living room).

I'm giving her the choice of 2 - 3 recipes to chose from (only 1 will be done, I'm not super quick, though I may do an appetizer to take or the "monkey bread" cause it's quick and shows off the Executive cookware), but don't know what to pick! I don't know what kinds of foods appeal to them.

I've done Profiterole Puffs to much success at 3 of my shows and know that they appeal to a large variety of people (in this area anyway). What would be a couple other choices that have good appeal? Keep in mind that I have the Kit products, the mid season sample and a few odds and ends that I had before becoming a consultant. I may have the trifle bowl by that time (going to order the sample with my PC$), but not sure.

TIA!!

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are always popular, and even if the recipe isn't designed for exclusively kit products, you can do it that way.

chefann said:
Clubhouse Chicken Squares are always popular, and even if the recipe isn't designed for exclusively kit products, you can do it that way.
I like these so much - I'm making them for Dinner tonight!

And I think w/ the new kit, they are Kit Friendly!

Her e-mail is down so I'm going to be giving her a hard copy of what to chose (she has small children, so the phone call was rather rushed). Would you give her the full recipe? It's not that she needs a shopping list but some people are picky about foods and don't like certain things and I like to know that ahead, so I kinda want her to have an idea of what it is (some names aren't overly descriptive). Did that make sense? :eek:

Oh wait - except you are in Canada - not sure what the kit includes for you!

Anyway, you probably could adapt - and get ready for requests for the recipe!

Here is the recipe for you!

Attachments

• Clubhouse Chicken Squares.doc
    31 KB · Views: 357
I hope the clubhouse chicken squares are easy, that's what she picked! Since I'm buying ingredients, I'm going to do part of the prep work myself and at home, only because she lives in a small house and it's pretty warm here (finally!) and if I don't have to run the oven much, all the better for me!She's like the easiest host ever, SHE called ME to tell me what recipe she wanted!ETA: I'm so nervous about this show, as I will know NO ONE at it. Though it might be easier to demo with people you DON'T know.

Last edited:
Angela - you'll do great. The CCS are really easy, and super tasty. They get rave reviews whenever I make them for a show.

And remember, usually the "stranger" shows (not close family and friends) are easier, because you're not fighting as many pre-conceived ideas about you with the crowd.

The Clubhouse Chicken Squares are a great choice! To make it easier, you could prebake the crust and not heat up her house. I usually use canned chicken - 2 large cans is about 3 cups, but I add it all on there anyway. Also - make sure the cream cheese is softened, or it tears up the crust when you put it on - they still taste great, but look rather iffy!

Have fun!

Angela,
You'll do great at your show...I think doing it for strangers is easier than doing it for people I know.

angela
you'll do great! follow an outline if it help keep u focused.
at the beginning thank the hostess and her guests for being your guinnie pigs, im still doing that lol

becky
our kit is the same i think

heather9892 said:
angela
you'll do great! follow an outline if it help keep u focused.
at the beginning thank the hostess and her guests for being your guinnie pigs, im still doing that lol

becky
our kit is the same i think

Don't those of you in Canada have the choice between a "regular" kit and a "deluxe" kit? OR has that changed? A while back I remember someone posting a flyer w/ 2 kits at different prices......

Not that I know of, no. There's only one kit on the back of the catalogue and that's the one I got. :)

Clubhouse Chicken Squares are a great choice. I made them for my one party where the hostess had no oven or microwave! Baked the crust at home and did the rest at the party. It was a big success. I also use canned chicken whenever I can. Demonstrates the smooth edge can opener and the mix n chop.

Related to Great Recipe for 1St "Real" Show?

What are some great recipes for a first "real" show?

1. Can you recommend a simple and delicious recipe that will impress my guests at my first Pampered Chef show?

2. What is a go-to dish that is both easy to make and showcases the Pampered Chef products well?

3. Are there any recipes that require minimal prep time and can be made ahead of time for a successful show?

4. Can I use my own recipes for the show, or do you have specific ones that work best with Pampered Chef products?

5. What are some popular recipes that have been a hit at previous Pampered Chef shows?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennie50
Replies
Views
sherylscooking
  • jenwallace
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies