• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

1St Show Is a Multi Vendor Show- Help

In summary, the person is discussing their upcoming show and the changes that have occurred with the host and the plans for the show. They are wondering what recipe they should demonstrate and asking for advice. Others suggest keeping the demo short and simple, possibly only demonstrating one recipe. They also suggest going first in the lineup and positioning the demo as a way for guests to enjoy food while watching the other presentations. The person is grateful for the advice and asks for more suggestions.
Humble Beginnings
Ok just freaky out, my 1st show was suppose to be a regular show with just me and a bunch of woman getting together. But my SIL who was throwing the party had to move it to July. The next day I was having a co-worker do a show and she is doing a multi vendor show. Partylite, and Mary Kay and me. I just talked with her today and we were trying to decide on the recipe. My director suggested the greek torta because we thought I would only have 30 mins. Instead she tells me I have an hour. I talked about doing the torta and maybe bringing another appetizer since she is expecting 20 people. She read me her list and she is providing a LOT of food, she even asked if I would bring dessert, normally I would have said yes but because of this great board I drew the line and said "that 3 was asking a lot for me to bring since I'm providing the ingrediants. She's a very demanding person so trust me that took a lot from me to stand up for myself.

I'm just hoping all this turns out well but my question is, what recipe should I demostrate, should I just do the torta? Should I go into everything just like a normal show? I'm first up so that's a positive. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated!!!

Good for you to stand up and say NO! We are NOT caterers and if she is providing other food, there is absolutely no reason for you to make three recipes.

Since this is your first show, I would personally only demo the torta. When you get more comfortable with your demo, you can add a second thing in there, but just keep it simple at the beginning. And I would keep it short... especially since there are two other vendors there, I would think people are going to be more distracted than normal and aren't going to sit still for an hour demo. Keep it to the half hour and then open it up for people to come up and play with the tools. You could take a potato to let them play with the Ultimate Mandoline, come nuts for the microplane and/or food chopper, etc.

bumping... thank you katie. There's still time so I'm hoping I could get more suggestions.

I would also be sure to tell everyone that it's your first show.

I would definitely keep it short and simple! Have you considered making the recipe ahead and just putting the finishing touches on it for demo (not sure how this would work with your recipe, I haven't made it). If you do this, hit the major items during your talk, play a game (maybe a scavenger hunt through the catalog) and open it up to play/questions/orders.

Where are you in the line up? That will matter too... I've done amulti-vendor with only one other (Arbonne) and by the time she was done, 1/2 the people had to leave and no one wanted to sit through my part.... I would definitely find out what the plan is and see how your host is setting it up/how long the others are planning on talking/demoing.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! You'll be great!

LBurke said:
I would definitely keep it short and simple! Have you considered making the recipe ahead and just putting the finishing touches on it for demo (not sure how this would work with your recipe, I haven't made it). If you do this, hit the major items during your talk, play a game (maybe a scavenger hunt through the catalog) and open it up to play/questions/orders.

Where are you in the line up? That will matter too... I've done amulti-vendor with only one other (Arbonne) and by the time she was done, 1/2 the people had to leave and no one wanted to sit through my part.... I would definitely find out what the plan is and see how your host is setting it up/how long the others are planning on talking/demoing.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! You'll be great!

I agree -- try to go first, so you have people's attention. You could position it with the host as having her guests well fed as they watch the other 2 presentations. Keep it about the guests. Good luck :)

ooh! Good wording Charity!

peichef said:
I agree -- try to go first, so you have people's attention. You could position it with the host as having her guests well fed as they watch the other 2 presentations. Keep it about the guests. Good luck :)

I 3rd that---keep it short and simple. Do something quick and easy...because if I were a guest at that show, I would not like to sit thru 3 presentations 1 hour long each! UGH!

SHORT is the key!:chef:

What is a multi vendor show?

A multi vendor show is an event where multiple vendors or businesses come together to showcase and sell their products. It is a great opportunity for customers to see a variety of products in one place.

How do I prepare for a multi vendor show?

To prepare for a multi vendor show, make sure you have enough inventory, promotional materials, and a way to process payments. It is also important to have a visually appealing display to attract customers.

What are the benefits of participating in a multi vendor show?

Participating in a multi vendor show can help increase brand awareness, reach new customers, and network with other businesses. It also allows you to showcase your products in a new setting and potentially make more sales.

Is it necessary to have a special booth set up for a multi vendor show?

Having a visually appealing booth can help attract customers, but it is not necessary. However, it is important to have a designated area for your products and to make sure your display is organized and eye-catching.

How can I stand out at a multi vendor show?

To stand out at a multi vendor show, you can offer special deals or promotions, have interactive demonstrations or activities, and make sure your branding and display are unique and eye-catching. It is also important to engage with customers and have a positive attitude.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • welch628
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • SherryLynn