• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vendor Show Advice: Tips for First-Time Exhibitors

In summary, Jeanine recommends signing up for a 1st year vendor show if you are interested in expanding your business, but be prepared to work for free at first. She recommends collecting as much information as possible before the show, advertising, and sending out e-mails to customers and contacts beforehand.
jkowalski
Is it worth signing up for a 1st year vendor show? I have never done a show before and not sure what to expect.

Does anyone have any tips on doing vendor shows?

How big should I buy my table cover? It is okay just to buy a generic one from a store or better to make one myself?

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeanine

I have used the PC ones, but I really like some big plain color ones that I got on sale. Then I hang my banner on it. Before I had a banner I put the PC one on top of white sheets. I do as many shows as I can fit into my schedule. Sometimes I feel like I am working for free, but I have picked up customers and sometimes hosts. Sometimes not until a year later.

Thanks, do you know what size is your table cover is?

I think the main thing to know with the show is the cost, where are they advertising, etc. I did an event today. The nice thing is it was FREE! I know a woman who is on the board of the local Spina Bifida group. They had a scrapbooking event and invited vendors in for 4 hours today. Turnout wasn't great, but I made enough sales to get my other show to qualify (not enough orders, so moving them onto mine) and may have a March show booked with another vendor who loves PC and wants the 12 inch stainless skillet. They had hoped for 75-80 scrapbookers, but got 20. I was given the option to back out, but A.) it was free and B.) I made the commitment-didn't matter to me the number of people. There plan is to do it again next year, and I know who they'll call :)

These shows are $30 - $35 and I know one is at Immaculate Conception School and they are advertising with the students, congregation and flyers.That is a good question to ask before signing up. - Thank you!

The price sounds good to me...confirm you'd be the only PC person there...find out if they are having any drawings, (ie, do you need to provide an item for a raffle, etc).I have a PC tablecloth that's probably meant for a card sized table. I plan to get a plain black or white one to put under it to cover rectangle tables :)

My large one is a little over 8 ft. long and 5 ft. wide. $30 -$35 is not bad. I too have been able to do some free, some for as little as $15 and some for $150. If I can afford it I feel I am being seen by the public and people will start recognizing me. I always send an e-mail to all my contacts (the ones within driving distanct) about the event. Post it under my calendar/news on my website and on my PCFB page. There have been events I've worked and felt I just paid to do nothing. I try to look at it as I am helping the group out..sorta like when we do fund raisers. PC is not my full time job, so I do have income I can use for these events.

I have been doing Vendor Shows for over 2 years. The biggest thing I can tell you is that as much as it is on the coordinator of the event to advertise, it is also on you (as a vendor) to notify your customer base for the event. I always ask for flyers from the event and distribute to my customer base and put information on it on my newsletter (often with a mention this and get a $5.00 discount on your order placed at the event). I also use a vendor checklist that helps me in collecting all the information I need for the event. I'd be happy to post it to the files list. I will try to do that by Wednesday of this week.

I usually do an "U" shaped table setup. One table is kitchen tools (stoneware, tool turnabout, cutting boards, display of catalog in binder, one table is "seasonal" like the taupe stoneware because we know it's time is limited and any other seasonal items for the time of the event, and one table is entertaining with wedding registry information. Some vendor events are great and some are not. The best thing is that you will be on auto-contact with the coordinators of these events and will get invites each year. And, please never pack up early. You will not get invited back usually.

It's a building process, but it is worth it! Hope that helps.

1. What should I bring to a vendor show as a first-time exhibitor?

As a first-time exhibitor, it is important to bring plenty of product samples, display materials such as tablecloths and stands, business cards, order forms, and any other promotional materials you may have. It is also a good idea to bring a cash box for making change and a portable card reader for accepting credit or debit card payments.

2. How should I set up my booth at a vendor show?

When setting up your booth, make sure to create an eye-catching display that showcases your products. Use vertical space by using shelves or hanging racks. Use props, such as a themed background or props related to your products, to create interest. Make sure to have a clear and visible sign with your business name and logo. Also, leave plenty of room for customers to browse your products and make purchases.

3. How do I attract customers to my booth?

To attract customers to your booth, engage with them by offering product demonstrations, samples, and special discounts or promotions. Use social media to promote your presence at the vendor show and offer a sneak peek of your products. You can also have a giveaway or raffle to entice customers to visit your booth. Lastly, make sure your booth is visually appealing and stands out from the rest.

4. What should I do after the vendor show?

After the vendor show, make sure to follow up with potential customers by sending a thank you email or card. You can also offer a special promotion or discount for those who visited your booth. Make sure to keep track of any orders or leads you received at the show and follow up on them promptly. Lastly, evaluate your experience at the vendor show and make any necessary adjustments for future shows.

5. How can I make the most out of my first vendor show experience?

To make the most out of your first vendor show experience, make sure to come prepared with plenty of product samples, promotional materials, and a well-designed booth. Engage with customers and be friendly and approachable. Network with other vendors and exchange business cards. Lastly, have a positive attitude and enjoy the experience, as it can lead to future opportunities and growth for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • welch628
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies