• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recap and Reviews: Next Food Network Star Elimination - Sunday Episode

I think Lisa should've been gone shows ago and with them constantly keeping her around, it makes me think they want her to win b/c they want FN to have a "Martha Stewart." She has grown on me more but I do not see me watching her on a show unless it is to just see how she does with it and if she acts like a "diva." I like Adam but I think he is more about "comedy" than food. I did try his chicken pita's that he did in Rachel Ray and they were good. I did my own version. I used our PC rub for the chicken instead of his and then I used Cattlemen's BBQ instead of his homemade
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, no one seemed to bring this thread up again....

Anyone watch it on Sunday?

I was sad to see
Kelsey
go. What did you all think?

Last edited:
babywings76 said:
Okay, no one seemed to bring this thread up again....

Anyone watch it on Sunday?
I was sad to see Kelsey go.
What did you all think?

Hi There! :)

There are some people at conference that may not have seen it--- I would put that line about "you know who" in a spoiler (like I did) just in case- you don't wanna see anyone be sad that they find out who was booted before they had a chance to watch it on their TiVo's. :)

I'm not upset- just trying to spare you posts from potentially sad people at letting them know who was let go before they had a chance to watch it. I think that is why no one posted anything about it yet. You can PM me if you wanna chat about it, because I did watch it andn I'm dying to talk about it! :)

Have a good night!

OOOPS! My bad!

Thanks for giving me a heads up on that! I tried to fix it. Did it work? I don't know how to add a spoiler box. I'll PM you. :)

babywings76 said:
OOOPS! My bad!

Thanks for giving me a heads up on that! I tried to fix it. Did it work? I don't know how to add a spoiler box. I'll PM you. :)

Okay to add a spoiler, go into advanced edit, and click on the eyeball up in the gray text box- Then cut and paste you know who's name and put it inbetween the two spoiler words... is what you'll see when you hit the eyeball. so put that person's name inbetween the two words... then hit save! :)

Way to go AMANDA!!! :) You did it! Talk to you tomorrow, and thanks for editing that for those who hadn't seen it yet! I sent you a PM on my thoughts of the show.

Have a super night!!!

Oh my....they booted that person!!! Actually, I like reading the spoiler before I watch the show. I was so wiped out from Conference I put myself to bed before it came on (9pm here)

So who's left now?

Ok...I am gonna talk freely now about the Sunday (July 13th) show! If you don't wanna know anything....you better not scroll down!!

I warned ya!

I am so upset that first Shane, and now Kelsey are gone! They were my favorites! Honestly, at this point, I don't know who to root for! They are all just so-so to me....

Melissa...now there is Lisa, Aaron, and Adam left as the final three. I was surprised that they got rid of Kelsey- she has great on camera presence! I was glad to see that she was excited and thankful for her opportunity...and that she said she WILL be on TV doing food!

I was so mad!! She was my FAV!!! I agree that her food could have been more "vegas" styled but she was the best on camera and Adam totally bombed. I do not see how they can keep someone that has undercooked food all the time and they have only liked his food on like two shows and get rid of someone who has been consistent for the most part and just tried something different to try to be better!

I think Lisa should've been gone shows ago and with them constantly keeping her around, it makes me think they want her to win b/c they want FN to have a "Martha Stewart." She has grown on me more but I do not see me watching her on a show unless it is to just see how she does with it and if she acts like a "diva."

I like Adam but I think he is more about "comedy" than food. I did try his chicken pita's that he did in Rachel Ray and they were good. I did my own version. I used our PC rub for the chicken instead of his and then I used Cattlemen's BBQ instead of his homemade. I used wheat wraps b/c they were less WW points than the pitas. The spinash was a good way to hid a vegetable that normally I would not get Russell to just eat. So, it worked for my hubby but not my child, HA!

I hope Aaron wins out of the three that is left. I think his food is something I would cook at home myself and like it. His chicken parm looked wonderful!

jrstephens said:
I was so mad!! She was my FAV!!! I agree that her food could have been more "vegas" styled but she was the best on camera and Adam totally bombed. I do not see how they can keep someone that has undercooked food all the time and they have only liked his food on like two shows and get rid of someone who has been consistent for the most part and just tried something different to try to be better!

I think Lisa should've been gone shows ago and with them constantly keeping her around, it makes me think they want her to win b/c they want FN to have a "Martha Stewart." She has grown on me more but I do not see me watching her on a show unless it is to just see how she does with it and if she acts like a "diva."

I like Adam but I think he is more about "comedy" than food. I did try his chicken pita's that he did in Rachel Ray and they were good. I did my own version. I used our PC rub for the chicken instead of his and then I used Cattlemen's BBQ instead of his homemade. I used wheat wraps b/c they were less WW points than the pitas. The spinash was a good way to hid a vegetable that normally I would not get Russell to just eat. So, it worked for my hubby but not my child, HA!

I hope Aaron wins out of the three that is left. I think his food is something I would cook at home myself and like it. His chicken parm looked wonderful!

Could not have said it better myself- I will add this--- since they got rid of Shane and Kelsey for not having more life experience...they have more than Aaron and if that was an issue- why did they choose those two as finalists anyway? It makes no sense.

They have given Lisa and Adam more chances than any other contestant...and Kelsey had something you could not TEACH someone to have and that was CAMERA likability... anywho- if it's down to cooking and personality, Aaron is my guy- Martha Stewart is an amazing person- but she isn't nice...and I just don't see Lisa being nicer after she's a star...I see her becoming more rigid and cold... I will not watch her if they/we pick her!

I hope Aaron wins. I was kinda shocked to see Shane and Kelsey go before Lisa and Adam. I don't think any of them had food as good as Aaron. Especially not food I would make at home. Lisa has a lot of knowledge, but not stuff the average at home chef would want to tackle (or have the budget for). I'm sure Shane's food is good if he could ever deliver it consistently. He is someone I would like to watch on tv. I think Aaron is the best all around pick. His food is excellent and he is getting better on camera. They can definitely help develop his on-camera skills after he wins. I am so glad Lisa gave him the "look" that made him remember the Chicken Parm.

Yes, Kelsey was the be on-camera. She was cute, but there was something about her that I wouldn't tune in to see. Can't put my finger on it, though.

I know Lisa has "depth of food knowledge" but I could care less for her and her $300 shirts.

I thought Shane was doing a fab job. I guess I must have thought wrong! :thumbdown:

Chef Kearns said:
I hope Aaron wins. I was kinda shocked to see Shane and Kelsey go before Lisa and Adam. I don't think any of them had food as good as Aaron. Especially not food I would make at home. Lisa has a lot of knowledge, but not stuff the average at home chef would want to tackle (or have the budget for). I'm sure Shane's food is good if he could ever deliver it consistently. He is someone I would like to watch on tv. I think Aaron is the best all around pick. His food is excellent and he is getting better on camera. They can definitely help develop his on-camera skills after he wins. I am so glad Lisa gave him the "look" that made him remember the Chicken Parm.

Yes, Kelsey was the be on-camera. She was cute, but there was something about her that I wouldn't tune in to see. Can't put my finger on it, though.

I see what you are saying about there is something about Kelsey but you cannot put your finger on it. I still liked her the best...she made food I would eat! :)

I say go Aaron!

I was shocked Kelsey was gone since on the blog last week Bobby Fley (sp?) said she was his favorite!

I could tell Bobby Flay really loved her...he has mentioned over and over that she has the "it" factor...and just automatically understands how to relate to the camera. I don't think that's something that can be "taught" and he sees that.

I think Jennifer may be right...maybe they are pushing Lisa through to add the Martha factor to their channel? It may be...ticks me off though! I really think Shane and Kelsey are way more likeable and approachable.

Yeah, Bobby really took time with her, and coached her, and gave her helpful advice in a very helpful and kind tone... I could tell that he would be willing to take her under his wing and help her out...maybe he'll let her come work for him on his throw-down show???

She would SWOON!!!

Well...so would I!!

I love Bobby Flay, and I agree...you could see that she was his favorite. Bet he's bummed now...

1. What is "Next Food Network Star"?

"Next Food Network Star" is a reality competition show on the Food Network where contestants compete to become the next big food personality and host their own show on the network.

2. How can I apply to be on "Next Food Network Star"?

To apply for the show, you can visit the Food Network's website and fill out an application form. Be sure to also include a video showcasing your cooking skills and personality.

3. Who are the judges on "Next Food Network Star"?

The judges on the show vary from season to season, but typically include well-known Food Network personalities and industry experts.

4. What are some of the challenges on "Next Food Network Star"?

The challenges on the show often involve creating and presenting original dishes, hosting segments or shows, and demonstrating cooking techniques. Contestants may also be asked to work in teams or under time constraints.

5. How is the winner chosen on "Next Food Network Star"?

The winner is chosen by a combination of judges' evaluations, audience votes, and overall performance throughout the season. The final decision is made by the Food Network executives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva