• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theNext Food Network Star 6-22-08

In summary, Nepa is gone and Kelsey is still my favorite. I think Lisa is OK but I don't think she will reach a large audience. Adam needs to go next. There is no room for immaturity in the kitchen
MissChef
Gold Member
Okay, if you don't want to know who's gone, then don't read any further!!! That's my only warning!! LOL!
Nepa (I think that's how you spell her name!) is gone! Now, I don't hate her... and I think her show theme would have been good but she was not the right personality for Food Network!!! If anyone else would have gone home tonight besides her, I would have been upset... because he entire performance this week was a train wreck!!!
To be continued later after I put my kids to bed! Or tomorrow morning, depending on how tired I get before I have the chance to get back on here!
I just wanted to say that all though I don't want anyone to fail, I was happy she was left, because she was starting to doubt if she even wanted it, and I want the person that wins, to want it!:thumbup:

oh crap, DH was watching Sox/Cubs on ESPN so I didn't have TV access. SO GLAD SHE'S GONE!!!

More spoiler, ha!I wanted to do her little dance when they kicked her off!! It's about time!!

Kelsey is still my fav. I think she toned it just enough to please them and to still be herself at the same time.

Lisa was A LOT better tonight and seemed more like a real person. I think her taste would be too much for me though.

I was disappointed in Eric he always does so great. But then when he said at the end that his son ran away before he came on the show, I can totally understand why he would be off and do not even see how he is there.

Adam just seems goofier each week and this week more than usual.

I wish Jennifer would get some more confidence b/c she seems so sweet.

Shane was good I thought. He just seems like a child to me, ha!

DebbieJ said:
oh crap, DH was watching Sox/Cubs on ESPN so I didn't have TV access.

SO GLAD SHE'S GONE!!!

I have 3 letters for you girl.............. D V R !!!

I was at my parents just like last week and was so glad to come home to it being recorded.

They will air it again, either on Wed or Thur. :chef:

jrstephens said:
I was disappointed in Eric he always does so great. But then when he said at the end that his son ran away before he came on the show, I can totally understand why he would be off and do not even see how he is there.

I don't always correct people but his name is Aaron, not Eric. I totally agree with your comment. It was good that he disclosed that information because it did make sense why he had an off day.

My favorites are Kelsey and Aaron. I think Lisa is OK but I don't think she will reach a large audience. Adam needs to go next. There is no room for immaturity in the kitchen.

I just watched it----love DVR!!

I was pleased that Nepa left.

glad to know that nipa is gone. i'm sure there are other indian cooks who are the right fit for FN

i recorded it but was watching extreme home makeover instead. will watch it 2nite to see how it all went down.

jrstephens said:
I have 3 letters for you girl.............. D V R !!!

Do you have an extra $15 a month so I can get DVR? LOL

Stupid Comcrap has it wrapped up in their HD and we don't need HD, so we don't get DVR.

DebbieJ said:

Stupid Comcrap has it wrapped up in their HD and we don't need HD, so we don't get DVR.
Holy crap! That's a bunch! We pay $5 but that is only for the SECOND one we have...

We had gotten our DVR not too long before I had Evan three years ago, and it was such a lifesaver with overnight feedings! I actually looked forward to getting up in the middle of the night so I could catch up on my shows! lol

Now that we have had it for so long, I would be crushed if we didn't have it. I am soooo used to watching shows and fast forwarding through the commercials, and having some of Evan's shows taped so I can just choose something for him to watch!

BTW- I was able to watch it tonight. I am glad they sent Nipa home and agree with everyone elses comments!

Jennifer is sweet, but needs to find confidence somewhere to stay on the show...Kelsey is still my fav, I am glad she turned it back a bit, but she is still bubbly and herself...Lisa actually is becoming more and more human as the weeks go on. Not sure her food is my taste, but I am liking her more...I think that Adam is the next on the chopping block...

Didn't watch it yet but I'm also glad Nipa is gone. I thought she was arrogant.

just watched it....now even more glad nipa is gone. you cannot expect to make it on fn with one area of expertise and ignorance in others.

i agree that adam is next....he's missing the mark with both food and presentation.

if fn wants to repeat success, then kelsey or shane will win, if they want to take a risk, lisa will win. personally, i would prefer to watch kelsey, bec she's just a sweetie and knows her stuff.

DebbieJ said:

Goodness!! Ours is only $5!! If I had it I would send it to you!!!

I am so glad she is finally gone.I actually liked Lisa this week. But I couldn't watch her she would drive me insane.

I can't stand Lisa, bragging about how much money she spent on that shirt when the sauce flew through the air on her. I think I would change the channel if she wins - I know that sounds catty but it is what it is. She just has this better than thou attitude.

I like Aaron and then Kelsey. I am really feeling for Jennifer and Shane - I think they both have the knowledge

chef_kimmo said:
I can't stand Lisa, bragging about how much money she spent on that shirt when the sauce flew through the air on her. I think I would change the channel if she wins - I know that sounds catty but it is what it is. She just has this better than thou attitude.

That shirt quote did bother me, that told me she was a spoiled rich girl.

Yeah...I was thinking "who in the world cooks in a $300 shirt and pucci shoes?" (Let alone OWNS THESE THINGS!! lol)

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

1. What is the premise of "The Next Food Network Star"?

"The Next Food Network Star" is a reality competition show where contestants compete to become the next big cooking show host on the Food Network. Each week, they are given challenges to showcase their cooking and hosting skills in front of a panel of judges.

2. Who are the judges on "The Next Food Network Star"?

The judges on "The Next Food Network Star" vary each season, but they typically include current Food Network personalities and industry professionals. Past judges have included Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, and Alton Brown.

3. How are contestants chosen for "The Next Food Network Star"?

Contestants are chosen through a combination of applications and auditions. The show's producers look for passionate and skilled home cooks or chefs who have a unique point of view and on-camera presence.

4. What is the prize for winning "The Next Food Network Star"?

The winner of "The Next Food Network Star" receives their own cooking show on the Food Network. They also receive mentorship and advice from Food Network executives to help develop their brand and show.

5. When does the new season of "The Next Food Network Star" air?

The new season of "The Next Food Network Star" typically airs in the summer, with a new episode every week. Check your local listings for the exact air time and channel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
  • chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies