• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theNext Food Network Star (6/29/2008)

In summary, the person that went home made too many mistakes, and the person that stayed should be the next to go.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay, so has everyone watched it yet?

IF NOT- DON'T read any further- I did include a spoiler just in case...

As much as I was hoping this person could pull it together-
I think they made the right decision in letting Jen go
Although of the bottom two- I would have been fine with either one saying goodbye at this point.

There were too many mistakes made by the person that went home and the person that stay by the skin of their teeth should be the next to go... I'll leave it at that incase there are still a few of you that have not seen yesterday's episode...

Then we can chat about it!

I agree!! Although I must talk about it in the open! Hope everyone has watched it.

I think Jenn was the right choice although Adam is starting to get on my nerves too. I mean who does not know that whole bone in chicken breast is not going to cook that quick on a grill!! Give them our DCB and they are in business though!

Jenn just could not get her stuff together. I think she would do good on a kids cooking show though!

Lisa is growing more on me but Kelsey is still my ultimate fav. I like Erin but he needs to get things together too. Shane is doing better each week to me and not acting so young.

Adam needs to realize that the most successful people in the world took advice from others at some point.

I hope Kelsey wins it all. I so wanted to try her Red Lobster dish when I ate there last week but I have never had talipia and did not want to to not like what I ordered and still be hungry, ha!

jrstephens said:
I agree!! Although I must talk about it in the open! Hope everyone has watched it.

I think Jenn was the right choice although Adam is starting to get on my nerves too. I mean who does not know that whole bone in chicken breast is not going to cook that quick on a grill!! Give them our DCB and they are in business though!

Jenn just could not get her stuff together. I think she would do good on a kids cooking show though!

Lisa is growing more on me but Kelsey is still my ultimate fav. I like Erin but he needs to get things together too. Shane is doing better each week to me and not acting so young.

Adam needs to realize that the most successful people in the world took advice from others at some point.

I hope Kelsey wins it all. I so wanted to try her Red Lobster dish when I ate there last week but I have never had talipia and did not want to to not like what I ordered and still be hungry, ha!

Okay, since you are talking, so will I! :) I agree that Jen has a major issue with confidence...she has a spirit of worthlessness on her that she needs to get rid of! It was to the point where it was just pathetic!

Aaron is a nice enough guy and I hope he can soften up a bit and relax and start entertaining on the camera.

Kelsey is my #1 pick and I'm so glad she and Shane won! Shane has a smile like a young Tom Hanks- so I like him- he still gives odd facial expressions when the chef's critique him, but over all Shane, Kelsey and Lisa are the best cooks in my opinion.

I do like Lisa and am glad she is taking to heart what the judges are saying- the problem is that we already have one Martha Stewart, and we don't need another. She is soo much a Diva and a perfectionist, and I can just see her turning into a nightmare to work with- I feel Kelsey would be more appreciative of the opportunity than Lisa, but those are my personal feelings.

Adam is a goof ball and needs to go. Funny and fun is one thing, but saying you were going to listen to what other's offered because of your last mistake at ignoring good advice and then REFUSING to listen again, and messing it up for your team is just not cool, and it's obvious he is unwilling to let anyone else be right, so he'd rather be wrong. That bone-in chicken was the stupidest idea ever---and Aaron should have puffed out his chest and insisted on the chicken breast, because they just wasted about $40.00 worth of Chicken, and screamed at Nipa for throwing away a whole fish... I don't see the difference.

I want to try Kelsey's fish dish at Red Lobster, too-- maybe we'll go there this weekend.

BTW, DH is going to try to get to the post office tomorrow. Between the contracters being out here today, me needing him to drive to my work to drop off batteries, and the adjusters coming tomorrow, and he has an informal interview at my company he may not get there but by Wednesday he will.

TTFN!

I just watched it on my DVR 2nite, and I am disappointed but understand why they let Adam stay. FN can make up for Adam's inappropriate (too complicated, too labor-intensive) food, but they cannot give Jen a backbone.

My bet is that Shane wins it all, altho Kelsey would be a good choice too. Lisa and Aaron are just too stiff on camera and have had plenty of opportunities to loosen up.

susanr613 said:
I just watched it on my DVR 2nite, and I am disappointed but understand why they let Adam stay. FN can make up for Adam's inappropriate (too complicated, too labor-intensive) food, but they cannot give Jen a backbone.

My bet is that Shane wins it all, altho Kelsey would be a good choice too. Lisa and Aaron are just too stiff on camera and have had plenty of opportunities to loosen up.

You have made some pretty good points about Lisa and Aaron- you are right, they've had 6 weeks to loosen up... and if Jen can't get a backbone in 6 weeks, then maybe Lisa and Aaron can't loosen up... I like Shane, but he's too much like Dave Lieberman...so I'd prefer Kelsey--- I don't know why, I just really like her! And, she can cook! She's won 2 main challenges! :)

true, kasey, but keep in mind the committee's comments about her apparent youth. i would love to see her take their feedback and run with it, like she did with the uber-perkiness. if she can do that again, she's got it in the bag - the committee will have to notice that they can mold her into the perfect FN star. I hope you're right, oh groovy one

Wow! I am not that surprised that she left. Adam's got to be next. The judges don't even like his food.

I really like Aaron! I hope he can step it up for the camera challenges. Both Lisa and Shane have had tv experience before. They are the youngest and I think that helps them a little bit.

Isn't Shane younger than Kelsey?

Yep, Shane and Kelsey are the youngest but I do think Shane is the youngest because I think I recall her commenting on it in the beginning.

Lisa still makes me cringe (sp?) -- I hear her talk but don't see it in her actions

I like Shane and Kelsey too! And I agree with what the general consensus is for each character... I wanted Adam to go and will be utterly dissapointed if he stays next week. But even if Jen stayed I think she would get the boot this next week! Which Adam had better!
Lisa is not near as bad as she once was and she fixed her bad eye makeup issue! Maybe they said something to her!
Aaron, I still really like him but I don't know that he has what it takes
The people that need to be on the next FN star need to be able to make the camera fall in love with them. Kelsey had it from the beginning, she could be a little over bearing then, but has got a lot better!
And Shane, I think he's good on camera too! He did great with his first challenge and I wanted to eat the food he was eating!:p:D

I think they should all be sent home and I should be the NEXT Food Network Star!!!

Let's send in a petition.... WE WANT KITCHEN DIVA>>>>WE WANT KITCHEN DIVA!!!

LOL :D

You guys are right on the mark!

I finally got to watch it last night...I was sad for Jen, but she did need to go. Adam needs to step it up big time or he'll be gone next. ONE recipe out of how many of his was good...the rest were bad or undercooked? Duh...can't do that as a FN star! I think Kelsey and Shane worked GREAT together...their personalities complement each other. Perhaps FN should try another team show? They probably won't, but those two are my favs as of this week. Shane has really improved over the past few weeks!

I think that a show with both Shane and Kelsey would be a hit!! They do seem to work very well together.

MissChef said:
Lisa is not near as bad as she once was and she fixed her bad eye makeup issue! Maybe they said something to her!

That is so funny you said that. My DH always rewinds to the outakes of Lisa and say's "I like her better this way, without all of that white stuff on her eyes." Hopefully now I can watch it without him rewinding it all the time. :)

Ok, I FINALLY watched about 3 weeks in a row in a marathon last night, including this weeks epi...

I do think Jen was right to go...she was ANNOYING and didn't know her food..I couldn't stand how she did keep apologizing for everything, and the one week where she was trying to shell the oysters...oh my...that was awful to watch...and mashed potato pizza? No thanks!

I do not like Adam at this point, he is too goofy, obviously does not know the proper cooking time for ANYTHING...even eggs! And chicken, how easy is that? And he still couldn't get that together...I think his partner in the challenge had a definite right to get upset!

I didn't like Lisa AT ALL on the first epi, I thought she was way over the top, but she KNOWS her stuff, knows her food, and I think she is more approachable, although I didn't need to hear about how she ruined her "$300 shirt" when she spilled that sauce all over her. But, I do like her, I think she would be good for FN...

Kelsey is too cute, reminds me a bit of RR, a younger version, and I think that if she does not win this year she should try to do it again in about 5 yrs w/ a bit more age and experience, I think she'd be great!

Shane, I like him as well..great personality and his dishes seem good as well!

I like Aaron too...he has a good personality but I think he does try too hard. Hope it doesn't come back to bite him in the future.

Really, as soon as they get rid of Adam (this week hopefully) I will be happy w/ whoever wins, I think they all have their act together from that point on.

Glad to know I am not the only one who DVR's things and watches them waaaaaaaaaay later! (This show, So you think you can dance) are the two that I record and then can't find time to watch!

KellyTheChef said:
Glad to know I am not the only one who DVR's things and watches them waaaaaaaaaay later! (This show, So you think you can dance) are the two that I record and then can't find time to watch!

I"m about 2 weeks behind on So you think you can dance. I really like the show.

Chef Kearns said:
I"m about 2 weeks behind on So you think you can dance. I really like the show.

I will be watching last night's so you think you can dance tonight (if I don't fall asleep on the couch again :indif:.)

What is "theNext Food Network Star"?

"theNext Food Network Star" is a popular reality competition show on the Food Network where contestants compete to become the next big food television personality.

When does the show air?

The show typically airs on Sundays at 9/8c on the Food Network.

Who are the judges on "theNext Food Network Star"?

The judges on the show include popular Food Network personalities such as Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis, and Alton Brown.

How do contestants qualify for the show?

Contestants must submit an application and audition tape to be considered for the show. They also go through a rigorous interview and cooking process before being selected as a contestant.

What do the winners of "theNext Food Network Star" receive?

The winners of the show receive their own cooking show on the Food Network and the opportunity to become a well-known food television personality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MissChef