• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theNext Food Network Star 6/15/08

In summary, the episode featured some food judges critiquing each other's dishes. Lisa appeared to be the most qualified of the judges, but Nipa and Kelsey were not popular with the viewers. Although Adam and Shane sang poorly, they were still given a chance to redeem themselves. Jeffery was voted out because his food was not up to par. The judges gave different challenges to the contestants, but most of them were not very relevant to their job positions.
jrstephens
Thank goodness for DVR! I was at my mom's and forget it was on but it was recorded when I got home.

What did yall think?

I do not like Martha Stewart, so, could have cared less that she was on there. An she was "dryer" than Nipa in her personality.

Nipa is just bland in her attitude. I want her to go.

I liked Lisa more last night. I wish she would do something with her eye make up though!!

I still like Kelsey but am starting to see that her "happiness" would not d o good for an entire show. I would love for her to tone it down some and be a success. But I think that is truly her personally and hate to see a person have to change too! So, I am torned.

Personally, I don't thin Adam's singing goes with a food show.

Those steak fries that Erin cooked looked delish! and I need to try to recreat them at home!

Shane was a lot better to me last night.

I like Jennifer but she still needs more confidence.

I was fine that Jeffery left. None of his "soul" food looked like it had much "soul."

Did I leave anyone out? I usually do.

Wow, no one posted here yet?
Well just watched it and I do not like Nipa or Lisa. Although I have to say Lisa seems qualified (in last nights episode she seemed to be anyway).
It was a good episode though! Can't wait for Hell's Kitchen tomorrow :)

I think Nipa really needs to go. She is a one trick pony and has no energy or passion whatsoever.I really like Kelsey and I think it's unfortunate that she is going to have to tone herself down to win here.I like Lisa. I don't understand why it looks like she's squinting all the time. Is it the overplucked brows or the eye makeup or ???I wasn't sad to see Jeffery go. He was BORING.Anyone watching Design Star????

I watched "The Next..." for the first time last night and enjoyed it. I like Lisa if I don't watch her. I don't know what's up with her eyes, but I think if she got a softer hair cut it would look better (and sorry, I don't like her baubles). I think she looks qualified, as Vanessa mentioned.

I'll have to watch a few more episodes...

I agree Nipa needs to go. Lisa is ok, but I do not think I could watch her sqinty eyes all the time. Bugs me for some reason! I loved the steak fry guy!!

Oh swell, I missed it again:grumpy:

I'm really upset about the challenges. They don't have anything to do with the job they'll be getting. I wish the challenges weren't so crazy. They need more on-camera challenges. I mean really...does Paula Deen have 30 minutes to create a potato dish? Does Rachel Ray have 45 minutes to create and shop for a product she's going to sell? The challenges are crazy and weed out good people. I would've liked to see Jeffrey a little longer. However, I do get that his food has been notoriously under-seasoned. I liked him as a personality though. He was very nice.

jrstephens said:
Thank goodness for DVR! I was at my mom's and forget it was on but it was recorded when I got home.

What did yall think?

I do not like Martha Stewart, so, could have cared less that she was on there. An she was "dryer" than Nipa in her personality.

Nipa is just bland in her attitude. I want her to go.

I liked Lisa more last night. I wish she would do something with her eye make up though!!

I still like Kelsey but am starting to see that her "happiness" would not d o good for an entire show. I would love for her to tone it down some and be a success. But I think that is truly her personally and hate to see a person have to change too! So, I am torned.

Personally, I don't thin Adam's singing goes with a food show.

Those steak fries that Erin cooked looked delish! and I need to try to recreat them at home!

Shane was a lot better to me last night.

I like Jennifer but she still needs more confidence.

I was fine that Jeffery left. None of his "soul" food looked like it had much "soul."

Did I leave anyone out? I usually do.

It's Lisa's eyebrows that need fixing, not her makeup! :) LOL I agree Nipa is bland and quite frankly arrogant and needs to go.
Aaron's fries looked delish! :) LOVE bacon wrapped around almost anything!!!

I was upset by how cold Martha was. I know she's a devil in prada, but come on woman show some warmth- it does not equate to weakness.

I guess I'm not impressed with Adam, but he did do better. Shane did better- but he's nervous.

I LOVE what Bobby Flay said to Kelsey- He said if he were producing her show, he'd help her tone it down a bit and come across less rehearsed. It made me feel like he gets that PERKY is who she really is, and she doesn't mean to come across as annoying or rehearsed or too dang happy- but she is...and I felt that he woudl be good for her! I hope she takes it to heart and listens to Bobby because I think he sees something in her! I agree she is a lot like Rachel Ray- but there is something more to her.

Oh, and I was bothered that Nipa bought all the Cayenne Pepper when she even said she didn't need all of it! That was selfish, self serving, and it really ticked me off.

Stress brings out a person's character- and I don't like hers! I think they could find a better person to represent the Indian Culture and their food!

StacieB said:
I agree Nipa needs to go. Lisa is ok, but I do not think I could watch her sqinty eyes all the time. Bugs me for some reason! I loved the steak fry guy!!
She does have squinty eyes, doesn't she? And because her eyebrows are so severely shaped they look even worse! Eyeliner would go a long way on her! :) And so would a less evil eyebrow!

Chef Endora said:
Oh swell, I missed it again:grumpy:

The replay it A LOT during the week, so, check your guide and you should be able to catch it.

It looked like Erin cooked those steak fries in the frying pan? Did anyone else notice? I want to recreat them.

Kitchen Diva said:
It's Lisa's eyebrows that need fixing, not her makeup! :) LOL I agree Nipa is bland and quite frankly arrogant and needs to go.
Aaron's fries looked delish! :) LOVE bacon wrapped around almost anything!!!

I was upset by how cold Martha was. I know she's a devil in prada, but come on woman show some warmth- it does not equate to weakness.

I guess I'm not impressed with Adam, but he did do better. Shane did better- but he's nervous.

I LOVE what Bobby Flay said to Kelsey- He said if he were producing her show, he'd help her tone it down a bit and come across less rehearsed. It made me feel like he gets that PERKY is who she really is, and she doesn't mean to come across as annoying or rehearsed or too dang happy- but she is...and I felt that he woudl be good for her! I hope she takes it to heart and listens to Bobby because I think he sees something in her! I agree she is a lot like Rachel Ray- but there is something more to her.

Oh, and I was bothered that Nipa bought all the Cayenne Pepper when she even said she didn't need all of it! That was selfish, self serving, and it really ticked me off.

Stress brings out a person's character- and I don't like hers! I think they could find a better person to represent the Indian Culture and their food!

yeahthat.gif

I finally got to watch it last night....Kacey you said just about everything I was thinking while watching the show!!

I agree about the CRAZY challenges...come on! They don't need to know how to do all that stuff...they need to have a personality on camera, and be able to talk and cook at the same time (we all know how difficult that can be! ;) )

Finally watched it, and wasn't surprised to see Jeffery go.... he's nice but lack-luster is what I felt about him, but I want to see Nipa go.... Too much attitude, not enough winning personality. I think they are trying to make her what she's not.... she may bring a great idea and new theme to the show but her personality is not good and she thinks she's too good. Also she is selfish and if I took all of a certain spice, I'd make an announcement once back in the kitchens and share!
The guy who make those bacon wrapped potatoes he's becoming one of my very favorites! I like Kelsey a lot too.... I hope she listens to their advice. And yep, Lisa needs to work with her eyes!!! I would focus on them instead of the food! It's a lot like Rachel Ray and when she's not cooking!! Her dang hands just move so much it makes me dizzy!!! It's like dang, quit flinging your darn hands all around, I can't focus on what your saying, cause I'm too busy looking at your dang hands!! Thank God when she cooks she keeps her hands more still!;)

I've got it tivo'd but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm hoping to catch up this afternoon when ds is napping:)

MissChef said:
It's a lot like Rachel Ray and when she's not cooking!! Her dang hands just move so much it makes me dizzy!!! It's like dang, quit flinging your darn hands all around, I can't focus on what your saying, cause I'm too busy looking at your dang hands!! Thank God when she cooks she keeps her hands more still!;)

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

End hi-jack:D .

I just got to watch this earlier today, and I have to say I was really bothered by Martha Stewart and her comments and attitude about the sloppy Janes.This really shows how snooty she is, (this is not to affend anyone Martha lovers).

pamperedalf said:
I just got to watch this earlier today, and I have to say I was really bothered by Martha Stewart and her comments and attitude about the sloppy Janes.

This really shows how snooty she is, (this is not to affend anyone Martha lovers).

I like Martha (not in love with her, though) and I thought the same thing. She was BORING to watch on this show, and I didn't think she brought a whole lot to the episode. Snooty is a good word to describe her!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

KellyTheChef said:
I like Martha (not in love with her, though) and I thought the same thing. She was BORING to watch on this show, and I didn't think she brought a whole lot to the episode. Snooty is a good word to describe her!
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

Maybe even arrogant? I like her too, but I've heard she's like Meryl Streep's character in "The Devil Wears Prada"... She's even described herself as being like that- she expects perfection. FYI- she'd be VERY disapointed in me!!! LOL:rolleyes: But she'd like my mother!:eek:

1. What is "The Next Food Network Star"?

"The Next Food Network Star" is a reality television cooking competition that airs on the Food Network. It features contestants who compete to become the next big cooking personality and win their own show on the network.

2. When does the 6/15/08 episode of "The Next Food Network Star" air?

The 6/15/08 episode of "The Next Food Network Star" airs on Sunday, June 15th at 9pm EST on the Food Network.

3. Who are the judges on "The Next Food Network Star"?

The judges on "The Next Food Network Star" are celebrity chefs Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis, and Food Network executive Susie Fogelson.

4. How are the contestants on "The Next Food Network Star" chosen?

The contestants on "The Next Food Network Star" are chosen through an extensive application and audition process. Finalists are then selected to compete on the show.

5. Can I find recipes from "The Next Food Network Star" online?

Yes, you can find recipes from "The Next Food Network Star" on the Food Network website. They also often share recipes on their social media channels and during the episodes themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies